Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

No confidence in BR, players look lost, no one seems bothered, no cohesive gameplan, incorrect tactics/lineups, a mess really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Lads, in all seriousness. Does anybody truly believe he will be sacked within the next 8-10 weeks?

3 draws and 3 losses in 6 games says yes.

Villa at Home then Everton, Spurs, City and Chelsea as the away games.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Me?

If you're sane enough to ask the question then no you're not the nutter :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Can someone dig out the results against Villa, Everton, Spurs, City and Chelsea in the comparable games last season? Im too lazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

jpboard1 wrote: »
    United are second in the league. West Ham also beat City who are top of the league. Liverpool are 4 points off 4th place.

What's your point?

If you think that his Liverpool team aren't a team in crisis you're deluded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

jpboard1 wrote: »
    United are second in the league. West Ham also beat City who are top of the league. Liverpool are 4 points off 4th place.

Results aren't the problem it's the apalling sleep inducing performances. We havn't scored more than 1 goal since March! We played the side tonight with the worst record in the football league for god sake and could barely work their keeper.

Confidence is rock bottom and rodgers can't seem to change that even with 7 new players.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

He won't be sacked before the Villa game. He may well be sacked after it if we don't win again, but I doubt it sadly. I don't think he can pull things out of this slump now, it seems terminal to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

Barely scraping by Carlisle in the league cup. Wow. We're talking about a team here that has champions league aspirations and has had 300 million invested in it.

I think tonight was damaging yet again for Rodgers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

1 goal in 2 hours of football against a league 2 side that has the worst defence so far. Sobering stuff.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Can someone dig out the results against Villa, Everton, Spurs, City and Chelsea in the comparable games last season? Im too lazy.

LDWLD

What relevance has that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Lads, in all seriousness. Does anybody truly believe he will be sacked within the next 8-10 weeks?

What odds?
    Oh wonderful it looks like we have a brand new nutter to add to the thread. It really is becoming completely unreadable with the amount of obvious trolls posting regularly.

You don't have to be here. oh no I read stuff I don't enjoyyy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Oh, shiiiit, Je suis Mario just offered a bet to Betty McBetterson.

It's really handy that Betty turned out to be an actual name, albeit a female one.

Lost at home to Villa 1-0. Beat Spurs away 3-0. Lost to City away 3-1. Drew 0-0 with Everton away. Drew with Chelsea 1-1 away.

5 points out of 15.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

How badly injured is Lovren
    Will he miss Villa game

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Lost at home to Villa 1-0. Beat Spurs away 3-0. Lost to City away 3-1. Drew 0-0 with Everton away. Drew with Chelsea 1-1 away.

5 points out of 15.

A similar run and he will be gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Will he miss Villa game

Could be out for a while id say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

It's the performances more so than the results. If we were playing well and had been just getting unlucky it might be different, or if it was just this season that we had been under-performing you might be more lenient with him, but unfortunately it has been this way since the beginning of last season bar about a 12 game streak from January-March last season. I sang his praises when he had us playing beautiful football and getting good results in the 13/14 season but for whatever reason he seems incapable of getting them performances out of the team again.

Every game that goes by just confirms more and more that it is time for him to go, not expecting him to be sacked in the morning but I personally would sack him after our next defeat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Will he miss Villa game

As soon as you see the oxygen mask it's always bad. At a guess atleast 2 months anyway before we see him.

A similar run and he will be gone.

Fortunately or unfortunately depending on what side of the fence you're on but that would be the case alright.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

It's the performances more so than the results. If we were playing well and had been just getting unlucky it might be different, or if it was just this season that we had been under-performing you might be more lenient with him, but unfortunately it has been this way since the beginning of last season bar about a 12 game streak from January-March last season. I sang his praises when he had us playing beautiful football and getting good results in the 13/14 season but for whatever reason he seems incapable of getting them performances out of the team again.

Every game that goes by just confirms more and more that it is time for him to go, not expecting him to be sacked in the morning but I personally would sack him after our next defeat.

I don't understand this? Why wait, given that a defeat is just around the corner for every team and manager in world football?

By the way has Rodgers done or will he do a post match interview after tonights game? Will be interesting to see what he has to say. Usually wouldn't care too much because it's all just about keeping the media happy, but if he goes on about how unlucky we were and some of the players were outstanding I will lose respect for him.

wots the can thing bout?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Will he miss Villa game

Be shocked if he isnt out for months. Seemed to go over really badly on his ankle. Feel bad for him, but maybe it's not so bad for the team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Fortunately or unfortunately depending on what side of the fence you're on but that would be the case alright.

I think Rodgers should go now, regardless of whether FSG are willing to move that fast, but whenever it happens, it won't be fortunate in any way, shape or form. I can't believe there's an actual fan of the club who wanted it to turn out this way for Rodgers.

By the way has Rodgers done or will he do a post match interview after tonights game? Will be interesting to see what he has to say. Usually wouldn't care too much because it's all just about keeping the media happy, but if he goes on about how unlucky we were and some of the players were outstanding I will lose respect for him.

The same old ****e. tbh, it's not his fault that he isn't much use these days. I wish him well.

spockety wrote: »
    I don't understand this? Why wait, given that a defeat is just around the corner for every team and manager in world football?

Well to be honest I would have sacked him before tonight, but I don't think the owners will sack him yet. He would need to go on an incredible winning streak in order to save his job, if he loses any of his next 3 or 4 games it will show that he hasn't gone on this winning streak that he needed and he deserves to be shown the door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

retalivity wrote: »
    A picture that screams indifference

Hard to be indifferent if you're screaming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭B17G

Considering we are away to Everton, Spurs and Chelsea in that timeframe and should we get bum f*cked by all three, should he go?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Well to be honest I would have sacked him before tonight, but I don't think the owners will sack him yet. He would need to go on an incredible winning streak in order to save his job, if he loses any of his next 3 or 4 games it will show that he hasn't gone on this winning streak that he needed and he deserves to be shown the door.

Still don't get it. You can't make a call like that on a run of 3 or 4 games. You need to look at everything to date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Any half decent, self respecting club would have sacked that useless prick long ago. Rodgers isn't the biggest problem, the apathy of the owners is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

It's not even 'Pisshorn football' any more,it's no horn at all football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Surely the owners need to look at the situation and ask themselves ''how likely is it that he turns things around?'' If they're being honest, there's a pretty low chance. It's difficult to see where the improvement is coming from and the players don't give the impression that they'd be that arsed if he was sacked.

If you sack him now, the fresh impetus a new manager could potentially bring may save the season. Keep him in the job for the next 6 weeks and there's a good chance that the season will be close to a write off, and a new manager would be limited in what he can achieve. It's an obvious enough decision to sack him now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Thidp wrote: »
    What are they waiting for to fire him!?

I can't understand how Rodgers is our manager today, this is the worst Liverpool in years.

CPnk0JTWIAEZp2f.jpg

Going for a manager that is 5'6 was a big risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

spockety wrote: »
    Still don't get it. You can't make a call like that on a run of 3 or 4 games. You need to look at everything to date.

A call like what? If you're talking about the call to sack him it won't be on those 3 or 4 games, it will be on the past year where he has failed to get good performances out of the team consistently.

If you're talking about the call to keep him on, if he wins the next 4 games in a row I think he deserves another few games after that to see if he has turned the corner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

SlickRic wrote: »
    He should be, don't you think?

Don't day 'he won't be though'. That's a cop out. He should be sacked, shouldn't he?
    No.

tumblr_inline_nkq0quoxlY1t58lcd.png

corwill wrote: »
    I think Rodgers should go now, regardless of whether FSG are willing to move that fast, but whenever it happens, it won't be fortunate in any way, shape or form. I can't believe there's an actual fan of the club who wanted it to turn out this way for Rodgers.

I don't believe there's any Liverpool fan that wanted to turn out this way for Rodgers or for any Liverpool manager.

If a Liverpool manager is successful then Liverpool FC are successful therefore happy fans.

This is Rodgers 4th year. He has not won a trophy and on current evidence he won't either this year.

Therefore it is becoming increasingly obvious that he is not the right manager to take the club forward.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

corwill wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Just finishing watching season 2 that big Indian is freaky.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I look forward to hating on the next manager for every minor thing he does or says! It should be fun eh lads?

I look forward to hating on the next manager for every minor thing he does or says! It should be fun eh lads?

:rolleyes:

If after 4 years he looks he looks a toaster in fridge, yeah that could happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Simple really - a player loses confidence, they're dropped. A manager loses it and he's gone.
    When it transmits to the players it can't be undone. He's toast, how this is debatable is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭B17G

Do you associate this word with the current manager?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Gary Mc done the post match press thing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

First port of call will be checking if the new gaffer has any portraits hanging in his house!

First port of call will be checking if the new gaffer has any portraits hanging in his house!

Here. C'mere. At the end of the day, that was odd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭slingerz

B17G wrote: »
    Considering we are away to Everton, Spurs and Chelsea in that timeframe and should we get bum f*cked by all three, should he go?

With a run like that he's likely to be kept until the end of that.

He has to go at this stage though. In not sure Ancellotti would be the answer either

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement