Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

A few of the lads in here remind me of this fella

its_only_a_flesh_wound__by_xxnativeboy13xx-d73skf9.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

First port of call will be checking if the new gaffer has any portraits hanging in his house!

Again, :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Best moment of quality in the match imo. McQueen's penalty. Unreal. About as perfectly struck into the top corner as i've ever seen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

So, if Ancelotti or Klopp took the job in the morning and lost 4 of the next 7 games. What would the reaction be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

So, if Ancelotti or Klopp took the job in the morning and lost 4 of the next 7 games. What would the reaction be?

WEELLL THATTT'S NOOT GOONNA HAPPENNN IISS ITTTT...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

BR left him a ****e squad :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

It would be their first 7 games at a new club. Not like they would be in their 4th year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I'd give them til Christmas.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

It would be their first 7 games at a new club. Not like they would be in their 4th year.

So they would get a pass?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I wonder, if this is the least amount of goals to minutes played to the start of a season in Liverpool history.

This is the level we're talking about, like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

The thing is I actually think there is plenty of talent in the squad when everyone is fit and available. Rodgers seems to have lost confidence in himself though and in turn lost the plot with the club. Just completely directionless at the moment. He doesn't even know how he wants to team to play anymore. Second guessing himself by constantly changing formations.

I think the fans have had enough and once you lose them they generally don't come back. Even if you win a few games.

But seeing as how you answered my hyposh1ttical question, I'd say... "4 games ain't 4 years, fella"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

They'd be given some leeway, like Rodgers was in his first season when we were poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

He'll be given time. To be honest if a new manager comes in and I would expect much more than the scenario above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Rodgers got a pass for his first year, his third year, and now the first 7 weeks or so of his fourth year.

As supposed top tier clubs go, Liverpool have to be by far the most lenient.

Ultimately its a cumulative effect. There's a body of work there that now shows that he is not up to it. We don't have to speculate anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

So they would get a pass?

They'd be given time, like any manager starting a new job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭B17G

slingerz wrote: »
    With a run like that he's likely to be kept until the end of that.

He has to go at this stage though. In not sure Ancellotti would be the answer either

Considering the transfers this Summer I tend to disagree.

Liverpool had their worst start to a league season since 1927 or so under Brendan Rodgers in 2012 but he was given time so the reaction would be understanding of taking over a deflated squad.

Although I would see the appointment of Ancelotti as someone who would inspire the likes of Firmino, Couthino, Moreno, Can, Sahko.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Looking forward to the Villa match this Saturday, could be Rodgers last match in charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

First port of call will be checking if the new gaffer has any portraits hanging in his house!

What???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Anyone got LFCtv Lawro apparently giving it loads

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Best moment of quality in the match imo. McQueen's penalty. Unreal. About as perfectly struck into the top corner as i've ever seen.

10m.

Ok, 12 with bonuses.

Go away. To Preston. For a year.

Ah, remember that lad McQueen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I think he will be gone after the Derby 2 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

You don't have to be here. oh no I read stuff I don't enjoyyy.

The same way you don't need to post every idiotic thought that comes into your head but it doesnt seem to stop you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Aspas thrashes Barcelona
    Rafa takes Real top
    Liverpool lucky to beat carlisle on pens

Gonna have a few tugs to Can's peno, but then it's bedtime for me.

What?

HIS PENO.

Can's pen was part stupid
    He took it carefree
    He was not concerned with outcome
    It was like he wanted Rodgers gone
    He took it with a win win attitude

Can's pen was part stupid
    He took it carefree
    He was not concerned with outcome
    It was like he wanted Rodgers gone
    He took it with a win win attitude

Never forget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

dogbert27 wrote: »
    If you're sane enough to ask the question then no you're not the nutter :pac:

“There was only one catch and that was Catch-22, which specified that a concern for one's safety in the face of dangers that were real and immediate was the process of a rational mind. Orr was crazy and could be grounded. All he had to do was ask; and as soon as he did, he would no longer be crazy and would have to fly more missions. Orr would be crazy to fly more missions and sane if he didn't, but if he was sane he had to fly them. If he flew them he was crazy and didn't have to; but if he didn't want to he was sane and had to. Yossarian was moved very deeply by the absolute simplicity of this clause of Catch-22 and let out a respectful whistle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

rob316 wrote: »
    As soon as you see the oxygen mask it's always bad. At a guess atleast 2 months anyway before we see him.

Hard luck on Lovren obviously. **** player, but you dont want to see someone hurt. Could be what could save Rodgers though, in a funny way, as Sakho is a fcking beast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

The thing is I actually think there is plenty of talent in the squad when everyone is fit and available. Rodgers seems to have lost confidence in himself though and in turn lost the plot with the club. Just completely directionless at the moment. He doesn't even know how he wants to team to play anymore. Second guessing himself by constantly changing formations.

I think the fans have had enough and once you lose them they generally don't come back. Even if you win a few games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

jpboard1 wrote: »
    What???

He said "CHECK FOR PORTRAITS IN THE NEW GAFFER'S HOUSE."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Then it'd be time to turn to the Knights Who Say Ni. Only they could save us then.
    And they'd be an improvement on Rodgers' press conferences too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

5starpool wrote: »
    CPnoFfMXAAAR9vR.jpg
    Reservoir Dogs or Funeral Director?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

No way is Rodgers turning this around. Nigh on impossible to do so. We are beyond crap and the squad isn't actually that bad. Club under him has become so stale it's stagnant. I'm disappointed but every week fsg don't act now the more damage is being done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Knex. wrote: »
    Rodgers got a pass for his first year, his third year, and now the first 7 weeks or so of his fourth year.

As supposed top tier clubs go, Liverpool have to be by far the most lenient.

Ultimately its a cumulative effect. There's a body of work there that now shows that he is not up to it. We don't have to speculate anymore.

In fairness his 2nd year gave him a pass for the third year. It was all going good last year too until the Utd game. It all went tits up after that.

''Just had it confirmed to me that Brendan Rodgers will be gone from Liverpool by Friday afternoon. #LFC ''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

''Just had it confirmed to me that Brendan Rodgers will be gone from Liverpool by Friday afternoon. #LFC ''

Really. Who what.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Really. Who what.

https://twitter.com/MartynMacintyre/with_replies

Just a tweet from a spoofer . Or is it...

489680804-brendan-rodgers-the-manager-of-liverpool-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=X7WJLa88Cweo9HktRLaNXg%2bxdqJd1WBi0FAUbHPSVsGEh86NuK32%2fz5n2K1eBKwkAUYOsmli%2bZpMvt9OrdR00A%3d%3d

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

It's a matter of when he'll be sacked at this stage. Everyone who watches can see he hasn't got a consistent performance out of his players in a long time. The odd bright spots (45 minutes away to Arsenal etc) are outliers and not the norm.

Who can we realistically get, I don't know but money usually talks in sport so stump up in wages what we blow summer after summer on gambles/squad players (the Iago Aspas' etc of the world) and see who wants it.

- he buys the players
    - he coaches them
    - he picks the team
    - he sets the tactics
    - he motivates them
    - and he isn't getting performances or results

Time to kick rocks Brendan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I want him gone, but it's inevitable we'll end up with Garry Monk or someone of that ilk. No way are we getting Ancelotti, just can't envisage it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

if villa beat us or we draw the pressure going into the derby will be horrible, I would say Everton are favourites to win and that hurts.

niallo27 wrote: »
    In fairness his 2nd year gave him a pass for the third year. It was all going good last year too until the Utd game. It all went tits up after that.

Em it was all going horribly wrong until the first United game in Decemeber and it all went horribly wrong after the United game in March.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

It went to penalties! I switched off after the 90 thinking there'd be a replay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I feel sorry for the players. If FSG act now and get in a top manager I honestly believe we will finish top 4 and win a cup. The squad isn't too bad apart from the need for a new goalkeeper, a central defender and a winger. If the team can get organized and playing with confidence the season can be salvaged. #RodgersOut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Damien360

The squad isn't too bad apart from the need for a new goalkeeper, a central defender and a winger.

That is a lot to ask for. The Xmas window is not the time to be buying. Time and time again we see teams get robbed. I cannot see any squad change before end of season.

Migs weakness is a symptom of a shaky defense, essentially the central defense.

As for wingers, we need them to supply Benteke but getting a good one is not cheap and we sold our last one for big bucks.

Still think Rodgers time is up but he will cost a fortune to get rid of and that takes money out of any buying pot. This season is about saving face. I cannot see top 4 no matter who comes in. We are mentally weak and even the small teams can smell blood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I went to bed last night before the extra time ended i was that disenchanted with Liverpools performance i couldn't bare to watch us fumble through penalties.

I am very, very worried. Moreso than i was after the Norwich match. The squad looks absolutely bereft of ideas and the negativity is seeping into the fans. The fans looked uninterested when the camera panned to them, and can you blame them? We looked absolutely dog muck last night and against a team 3 leagues below us.

Every radio station this morning was pretty much unanimous in the summary of the match, a win.... but it's done more harm than a loss or draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Damien360 wrote: »
    That is a lot to ask for. The Xmas window is not the time to be buying. Time and time again we see teams get robbed. I cannot see any squad change before end of season.

Migs weakness is a symptom of a shaky defense, essentially the central defense.

As for wingers, we need them to supply Benteke but getting a good one is not cheap and we sold our last one for big bucks.

Still think Rodgers time is up but he will cost a fortune to get rid of and that takes money out of any buying pot. This season is about saving face. I cannot see top 4 no matter who comes in. We are mentally weak and even the small teams can smell blood.

I disagree with most of what you said. The new manager will have to get in a couple of players in January, mainly a goalie and a winger. Mignolet is a poor goalkeeper and needs to be replaced asap. The team is capable of playing decent attacking football which we seen for 30mins against Arsenal so if we can get them believing in themselves top 4 is definitely attainable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

There's always more that needs to be done. Its never about getting in one or two players. Plenty of times I've felt like one or two clever buys would do the trick. Never works out like that.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement