Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Augeo wrote: »
    You know the results of the upcoming games, care to share them? I'll do an accum and retire off the winnings.

1-1 vs Villa, 1-0 to us vs Sion, 1-0 to Everton.

Feel free to put your life savings on that ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

ERG89 wrote: »
    I have such a low opinion of spurs I'd get a yellow for saying how I feel about them.
    That is an alarming stat when you consider all we spent under Dalglish & Rodgers (I'm aware we lost a lot through retirements and sales too).
    I think player recruitment must be looked into as well Comolli was rightfully turfed out after buying mainly garbage & now I don't see the decent squad others do. Ibe, Lallana, & Firmino have done little to deserve a decent run in the side & if Coutinho is off form boy do we feel it. Still rely on Lucia who hasn't been the same since he got injured in a cup game at Stamford Bridge during the form of his career. Don't get me started on our defence then or unreliable Goalie

Lucas Levia -> Lucia?

Can this be a thing? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

You know the results of the upcoming games, care to share them? I'll do an accum and retire off the winnings.

Is there any need for the childish comments? I asked you a question, if you dont want to answer it properly then dont bother replying. Did I call you ignorant like others? No. You think he deserves more time and I am genuinely interested in hearing why.

I've seen enough to make a fairly sound prediction that he wont turn this around and he wont get us to where we need to be. The data is there for everyone to see. To give him more time is to waste more time IMO.

What could he say to get those not onside, back onside? Realistically, there is a water charge protestor type of mong mentality in this thread that won't be onside after a 10 game winning run, no words he utters will change that.

So the answer is not to bother saying anything and leave someone else face the press?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

We could discuss this all day, and probably will, but there's a bottom line here, and it was mentioned by a reasonable Utd fan yesterday.

Do you think Rodgers is likely to get us out of this?

And I don't see how your answer could be yes. Therefore he has to go. He just has to.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Knex. wrote: »
    Lucas Levia -> Lucia?

Can this be a thing? :D

My phone sucks forgive me. I was sure I edited it....
    I miss calling him BOSS tho :(
    I wish more people called Henderson 'H' tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I heard a rumor last night that there is a split down the middle in regards to Rodgers getting the sack. Apparently FSG in the states want him gone but people like Ayre in the UK want him to stay.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

NukaCola wrote: »
    I thought Milner was meant to be good?........but seriously I dont know what he adds to the middle apart form running, and poor dead ball delivery. Maybe I'm being harsh.......in fairness the way we setup cant be helping either.

I'm starting to think Milner is just a John O'Shea style 6/10 squad player who could look like an 8/10 player when called into action due to the quality around him on the field.

I heard a rumor last night that there is a split down the middle in regards to Rodgers getting the sack. Apparently FSG in the states want him gone but people like Ayre in the UK want him to stay.

I wouldn't believe that. If FSG want him gone then he's gone. They have all the power.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

I saw this via Reddit:

https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/646825285539786761

• Advertisement

Is there any need for the childish comments? I asked you a question, if you dont want to answer it properly then dont bother replying. Did I call you ignorant like others? No. You think he deserves more time and I am genuinely interested in hearing why.

I've seen enough to make a fairly sound prediction that he wont turn this around and he wont get us to where we need to be. The data is there for everyone to see. To give him more time is to waste more time IMO.
    SlickRic wrote: »
    We could discuss this all day, and probably will, but there's a bottom line here, and it was mentioned by a reasonable Utd fan yesterday.

And I don't see how your answer could be yes. Therefore he has to go. He just has to.

He turned the tide last winter and had us odds on for top4 for a while, without any functioning striker, I'm confident he can do it again.

I don't think he has lost the dressing room etc and don't read anything into Gary Mc facing the press.

I wouldn't believe that. If FSG want him gone then he's gone. They have all the power.

Ya, I'm not buying that either. Smacks of someone making something slightly plausible up that can't be proved or disproved really just to enhance their ITKness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Yep. FSG own the club and what they say goes. I mean, no one would tell Abrahamovich that he couldn't sack a manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

I remember he left him speak for him in a post match definitely once but it was after a win in the EPL I think......
    Googled it and found evidence of two occasions. He did the post match after the Tottenham game in February because Brendan Rodgers was on his way to Rome. In December 2012, Brendan Rodgers was ill and didn't attend the QPR game so Pascoe filled in as would be expected. Both games were in the league.

Video: Colin Pascoe on Mario Balotelli’s winning goal against Tottenham (11 February 2015)

QPR 0-3 Liverpool (30 December 2012)

klose is entitled to his recollection of a policy that Rodgers did not do post match for the cup games but the evidence suggests that it's BS. I stand by what I said, Rodgers would not wilfully allow Pascoe speak for him when he himself was present and available.

He turned the tide last winter and had us odds on for top4 for a while, without any functioning striker, I'm confident he can do it again.

I don't think he has lost the dressing room etc and don't read anything into Gary Mc facing the press.

Fair points. However, the tide turned again fairly quickly and we slumped to a pathetic EPL finish. I dont read much into Gary Mc facing the press either but I think it was ill advised. The players look like they are going through the motions at the moment. An air of the last days of management so not really sure if he has lost the dressing room, but it doesn't look good.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

SlickRic wrote: »

You have to throw another spin on this. Is there anyone available and attainable to get us firing again or improve things.

I posted here the other day that there were positive signs following the last game, more attacking, more pressing, more understanding of the formation.
    But some of the players are too focused on scoring and think the pressure is on them to get goals. Coutinho is an example of this.

I think Milner and Can fell victim to this last night as well.

I'm going to get slated for this, but as we stand we should keep Rodgers. As noted, there are signs of improvement and some players are stepping up now.
    Can was immense last night trying to drive the team.
    Bogdan came in and saved the day.
    Ings looks like he has the aggresive style of play that we miss.
    Moreno seems to be getting better and better but last night was probably too long of a game for him.
    Origi looks like he can hold the ball up well and quickly turn a defender. A little more sharpness in his finishing and we could start to see what we bought.

Some bad points as well.
    Ibe was too close to the sideline the whole time he was on the pitch. I think he was trying to lure a defender out and stretch out the 10 man defence, i didn't work and Rodgers should have changed that plan.
    Lallana looks lost sometimes. I think all his round the worlds are making himself dizzy.

If some of the players had of looked for another pass last night around the area instead of shooting (not each occasion) we would have done more damage.
    Milner is putting in alot of work, but lacking a killer pass through.

Yep. FSG own the club and what they say goes. I mean, no one would tell Abrahamovich that he couldn't sack a manager.

Abramovich goes to plenty of games and has a passion for football and Chelsea, John Henry doesn't give a shyte. I don't know if there's any truth to that rumour but its obvious that FSG have been listening to Ayre about Rodgers future. Personally I hope Rodgers & Ayre get the bullet together.

What could he say to get those not onside, back onside? Realistically, there is a water charge protestor type of mong mentality in this thread that won't be onside after a 10 game winning run, no words he utters will change that.
    A charming description of people who's opinion you don't agree with.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

I read that rumour last night as well. Would doubt the Ayre would have even close to that much power

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Anyone want to take the hit in Europe to get three against Norwich now?

And who was it that was on here yesterday comparing our shots on goal to Arsenals against west ham? We had 47 shots on goal apparently last night. 47!!! and it still didnt look like we were ever gonna score . Carlisle came and did a job on us.

Couldnt even get the second goal against a L2 side.

And for all the lambasting he took last year about how he was past it etc etc (despite being out top league and overall goal scorer) we dont have Steve Gerrard to dig us out of a hole this year.
    Who do we look to when the chips are down? When its not going our way ? Where are the leaders? Shoot on sight policy by the players last night was f*cking shocking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

As I was being lulled to sleep by the match last night, I started thinking about former players from the other big leagues........

Who was Liverpool's best Spanish, French, German and Italian players.

I decided on this.

Spanish - Alonso (close run with Torres).
    French - Anelka
    German - Hamann
    Italian - Dossena

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Seaba

Your job on the line. Your team have put in one of the most inert performances in your career. Fans are disappointed. A lot of people have had enough of you. You have a chance to explain a poor performance. You choose to leave the post match to a coach, not even your assistant.

BR is meant to be savvy with the press, here was his chance to say a few things to get the fans and players back onside. He chose not to do that. What would you call it? Cowardly is certainly a fair comment IMO.

Also, i think you should reconsider your last sentence to your post.

To call someone a coward is way over the top in my opinion.

It's one of the worst things a man can be called.

I am not a linguist but I think he was being prudent, possibly? Looked it up and it is defined as "acting with or showing care and thought for the future". As I said maybe he was afraid he would say something about a player, fans, media etc that he would regret?

Reading back over the post I realise people may have taken issue with my reference to The Sun newspaper. I didn't mean anything by that - just used it and the Daily Mail as an example of tabloid newspapers (should have used the word tabloid in hindsight).

I realise everyone is entitled to their opinion and have Liverpools well being at heart but I am genuinely saddened by the abuse our manager gets, not just on here, from Liverpool supporters. He is OUR manager, he is under pressure. If he has to go, so be it, but until that day, you, as reasonably as possibly, support your own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Realistically, there is a water charge protestor type of mong mentality in this thread

What's your exit strategy here? Close the account and come back with a new one?

Your argument for Rodgers is increasingly becoming 'things will turn around, I can feel it in my waters :smiley face:'.

On a high level, in order to argue for Rodger's continued tenure you have to argue for a significant lowering of standards for Liverpool football club. If you argue:

- we shouldn't expect to challenge for the top four;
    - we shouldn't expect to challenge in European competition;
    - we shouldn't be entitled to good flowing football;
    - we shouldn't be entitled to expect a decent amount of expensive signings to be successful;

then you move towards a context where Rodgers could be considered to be performing acceptably.

Not a fan of that myself!!

Seaba wrote: »
    To call someone a coward is way over the top in my opinion.

It's one of the worst things a man can be called.

I am not a linguist but I think he was being prudent, possibly? Looked it up and it is defined as "acting with or showing care and thought for the future". As I said maybe he was afraid he would say something about a player, fans, media etc that he would regret?

Reading back over the post I realise people may have taken issue with my reference to The Sun newspaper. I didn't mean anything by that - just used it and the Daily Mail as an example of tabloid newspapers (should have used the word tabloid in hindsight).

I realise everyone is entitled to their opinion and have Liverpools well being at heart but I am genuinely saddened by the abuse our manager gets, not just on here, from Liverpool supporters. He is OUR manager, he is under pressure. If he has to go, so be it, but until that day, you, as reasonably as possibly, support your own.

Like everyone did with Hodgson?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Abramovich goes to plenty of games and has a passion for football and Chelsea, John Henry doesn't give a shyte.

I disagree with this. Abramovich travels back and forth between London and Monaco, whereas Henry is based in Boston and prefers to stick around for Red Sox games. Do I begrudge him for this? Not really. Baseball is most likely his favoured sport and he doesn't have an obligation to turn up, except for big games imo.

As long as provides enough money, I'm not bothered by him appearing at Anfield every week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Support him? On the message board where we are allowed to talk about what he would like for the team? I agree with name calling being over the top, but you don't get to tell people here if and when they can say his time is up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

If we get a new manager that strings a bunch of results together and starts looking solid, the cry-bahs won't look back either, so it's just a matter of putting up with the sounds of delusion for a while.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Support him? On the message board where we are allowed to talk about what he would like for the team? I agree with name calling being over the top, but you don't get to tell people here if and when they can say his time is up.

I am not telling, anyone, anything.

I said at the top that everyone is entitled to their opinion, and towards the end, that 'as reasonably as possible', you support your own.

In my opinion, only, it's that balance/respect between saying 'there is no way back from him now', 'that result has put the nail in coffin', 'he has to go', to the over the top, personal comments that he has been receiving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Ultimately, in recent times; His managing is bad, and he should feel bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Just to point out, I didn't call the poster ignorant.

The stance of believing everything will be alright is a stance of ignorance is bliss, being that he is ignoring the obvious evidence that we're absolutely pants and it's down to the manager.

• Advertisement

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Anyone want to take the hit in Europe to get three against Norwich now?

And who was it that was on here yesterday comparing our shots on goal to Arsenals against west ham? We had 47 shots on goal apparently last night. 47!!! and it still didnt look like we were ever gonna score . Carlisle came and did a job on us.

Couldnt even get the second goal against a L2 side.

And for all the lambasting he took last year about how he was past it etc etc (despite being out top league and overall goal scorer) we dont have Steve Gerrard to dig us out of a hole this year.
    Who do we look to when the chips are down? When its not going our way ? Where are the leaders? Shoot on sight policy by the players last night was f*cking shocking.

Disagree with the first point, Liverpool has to be I mean has to be capable of managing two fixtures within a week and getting the required results. It's a prerequisite to the job.

But the Gerrard / Leadership point is a good one no doubt. It was Gerrard who nearly got us out of it against Basle; when we were in a sticky position away in the FA Cup last year Gerrard sorted it out; I don't doubt that his presence would have pulled us through last night without needing extra time. He couldn't do it week in, week out of course anymore but he remained a player with that in the locker. Milner is not that player (I don't think it was ever suggested he was though to be fair).

That leads me to the disappointment in Milner and Firmino thus far. Honestly speaking, I'm giving them a pass until Rodgers is ****ed out. In a context where there is no clear tactical cohesion or plan of how we are going to play I can't take any declarative indications as to how they will pan out for us.

Like everyone did with Hodgson?

Was only talking to someone about Hodgson yesterday!

Don't want to drag up his tenure again but I actually felt genuinely sorry for him.

One game stands out - playing Blackburn in Ewood, he was under pressure, Johnson and Skrtel had one of their wingers along the sideline, well covered, he flicked the ball between the 2 of them, along the endline, and crossed for a goal. One of the worst pieces of defending I have ever seen in my life.
    Hodgson got the stick for it and was gone soon after.
    What could he have done about that?! I know it wasn't just that, and the buck stops with the manager, but players have a lot to answer for also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Rodgers reminds me so much of Steve McClaren a really top class coach by all accounts but not a good manager.

They both got one good season as a manager one got to the European Final and one came second in the league and they will live off that season till the day they retire.

Being a top class coach and a top class manager are two very different things.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Disagree with the first point, Liverpool has to be I mean has to be capable of managing two fixtures within a week and getting the required results. It's a prerequisite to the job.

I'm not saying we shouldnt be competing, we should.
    Im saying if I offered you "lose to Bordeaux and beat Nowich" would you take it? Its just a hypothetical question.
    I would have taken it before the Bordeaux game, and I would still take it now.

Seaba wrote: »
    Would you prefer it if it was suggested that Rodgers was afraid to face the media last night? It has been previously suggested that him getting rid of his coaching staff in the summer was spineless. Facing the media himself would have required courage, he didn't so it stands to reason that he lacked the courage to do so.

Prudent was sending Gary McAllister instead of Sean O'Driscoll. He didn't send his assistant because O'Driscoll has a reputation for not being nice when he doesn't like the questions or line of questioning - that certainly wouldn't have helped matters. McAllister is a former player that many fans and members of the media have fond memories of, he would get an easier ride, hence he was sent.

What ever his intention all that Brendan Rodgers has achieved is crank up the pressure on himself. He chose to hide last night, in contrast Steve McClaren publicly acknowledged that Newcastle are in trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Im saying if I offered you "lose to Bordeaux and beat Nowich" would you take it? Its just a hypothetical question.

I think the counter hypothetical argument is why do we have to lose at all to teams of Bordeaux and Norwich's quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

5starpool wrote: »
    Ya, I'm not buying that either. Smacks of someone making something slightly plausible up that can't be proved or disproved really just to enhance their ITKness.
    Abramovich goes to plenty of games and has a passion for football and Chelsea, John Henry doesn't give a shyte. I don't know if there's any truth to that rumour but its obvious that FSG have been listening to Ayre about Rodgers future. Personally I hope Rodgers & Ayre get the bullet together.
    I read that rumour last night as well. Would doubt the Ayre would have even close to that much power

Having kept him in a job Ayre and Gordon have the most to lose if Rodgers is sacked so its hardly a shock if they are advocating his continued employment. So they will do their best to convince FSG in Boston to do nothing.

What Henry and Wener need is an objective party who can outline reasons to maintain the status quo and reasons not to. Obviously you'd hope the increasingly heavy weight of evidence informed the final decision.

It's an absolutely pointless hypothetical though. Last year after we got knocked out by Besiktas we had a ton of 'well it clears the way to focus on Top Four so it's a good thing' stuff floating around. It didn't work that way, you need to try and win every game and see how it shakes out.

dogbert27 wrote: »
    I think the counter hypothetical argument is why do we have to lose at all to teams of Bordeaux and Norwich's quality.

Its not a hypothetical argument, its a hypotecthical question. :rolleyes:
    If i gave you X, would you accept it..even if it meant Y.

How is that relevant? We made something like 8 changes, played loads of fringe and beyond fringe players (including 2 who made their debut). There is no trading system where we can take X result if it gives us Y. If we had played a very strong team vs Bordeaux then there is at least a reason for making the point, but the way it played out there isn't.

• Advertisement

It's an absolutely pointless hypothetical though. Last year after we got knocked out by Besiktas we had a ton of 'well it clears the way to focus on Top Four so it's a good thing' stuff floating around. It didn't work that way, you need to try and win every game and see how it shakes out.

Jesus lads, it just a f*cking question ! :D:D:D
    Life/Football would be very dull if there were no hypotheticals...or would it? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

He's had over 3 years to get the team playing cohesively and they are anything but. As someone said, they play like strangers - this is unacceptable and saying that it's a building process is a cop-out. At this point he should have his squad of players and they should all know what they are supposed to do but they don't. They playing in confusing formations and in positions that they are unfamiliar with - unless you are a very experienced manager, this is a recipe for disaster.

As fans of the club we can take the odd "bad day at the office" here and there but when the days turn to months then questions need to be asked. Those defending him seem to have accepted a level that has always been unacceptable for Liverpool - "this is our level now" - we are at this level partly because of incredibly bad decisions made not just by Rodgers but by the club - but we don't have to accept it.

With the profile of the club and the money spent, it's not unreasonable for us to be able to actually compete in competitions, to expect us to be set up correctly and compete against teams who's entire squad costs the same as our strike force.

Wholesale changes need to take place IMO, Rodgers position is untenable and he needs to go but FSG need to **** or get off the pot and decide what they want to do with the club.

5starpool wrote: »
    How is that relevant? We made something like 8 changes, played loads of fringe and beyond fringe players (including 2 who made their debut). There is no trading system where we can take X result if it gives us Y. If we had played a very strong team vs Bordeaux then there is at least a reason for making the point, but the way it played out there isn't.

Please refer to my previous above answer. :P

Having kept him in a job Ayre and Gordon have the most to lose if Rodgers is sacked so its hardly a shock if they are advocating his continued employment. So they will do their best to convince FSG in Boston to do nothing.
    Nothing will happen to Mike Gordon, he's the second largest shareholder in FSG after John Henry.

Talisman wrote: »
    A charming description of people who's opinion you don't agree with.
    You are the one suggesting my comment applies to those I don't agree with, I was referring to the growing number of people using insults like coward, scumbag, ignorant etc etc.
    What's your exit strategy here? Close the account and come back with a new one?

Your argument for Rodgers is increasingly becoming 'things will turn around, I can feel it in my waters :smiley face:'.

On a high level, in order to argue for Rodger's continued tenure you have to argue for a significant lowering of standards for Liverpool football club. If you argue:

- we shouldn't expect to challenge for the top four;
    - we shouldn't expect to challenge in European competition;
    - we shouldn't be entitled to good flowing football;
    - we shouldn't be entitled to expect a decent amount of expensive signings to be successful;

then you move towards a context where Rodgers could be considered to be performing acceptably.

Not a fan of that myself!!

I don't have a exit strategy, I have never posted here under another account, I'm not bothered if you think I have but it's not the case. I know some reckon I was Augero or someone spelt similar.

I most definitely expect us to challenge for Top4, a challenge in European football is a taller order as illustrated my Man City, the EL is an arduous knock out comp and like all cup competitions there is an element of anything can happen.

Should Rodgers be sacked do you expect me to feck off or something? I'm a Liverpool fan for over 20 years, just because I don't agree wih your sentiment that we shouldget Klopp in and all be friends does not mean I will not be a Liverpool fan shoud Rodgers be sacked.

I think some folk seem to think anyone backing Rodgers is somewhat less of an LFC fan than those who want him gone, not the case.

"On a high level, in order to argue for Rodger's continued tenure you have to argue for a significant lowering of standards for Liverpool football club. If you argue:", that is nothing short of horsesh1t imo, it might not suit your mindset which seems to apply some sort of mathematical model to being a football fan but people can back Rodgers in the belief he will get us challenging for Top4 this season.

Despite your apparent ego your crystal ball is actually not any better than anyone elses, you've called Rodgers time as being up over 5 times in the last year or so, eventually you'll be right as he's not in a job for life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Like I said, this competition is less than meaningless to me.

A performance like this against Villa and I'd be more concerned.

A performance like this with a strong team is pathetic...playing for LFC you should be giving it 100% every time you wear the shirt. The fact that the competition is meaningless to you is not relevant. We were muck....we have been muck all season, and the manager has to go.

Talisman wrote: »
    Nothing will happen to Mike Gordon, he's the second largest shareholder in FSG after John Henry.

Indeed but loss of face is still something he'll be anxious to avoid, Ayre is the one who may lose his job.

I most definitely expect us to challenge for Top4, a challenge in European football is a taller order as illustrated my Man City, the EL is an arduous knock out comp and like all cup competitions there is an element of anything can happen.
    Your optimism on the forum is commendable. I'm just curious though, at what point would you think enough is enough?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

TheCitizen wrote: »
    He's not wrong about Spurs though. Spurs are the perennial EPL also-rans, no-one else does also-ran quite like Spurs. Liverpool were once top dogs and can still muster a title challenge sporadically now, but are in danger of becoming complete also rans like Spurs have been for decades. I think that's the point the other poster you quoted was making.

The problem for Liverpool is deeper than Rodgers, not much point in appointing managers unless they buy into their philosophy and back them.

Liverpool were top dogs in the eighties, no one gives a shít. Yer as much "also-rans" as Spurs. 2 title challenges in 20 odd years doesn't change that.

• Advertisement

THFC wrote: »
    Liverpool were top dogs in the eighties, no one gives a shít. Yer as much "also-rans" as Spurs. 2 title challenges in 20 odd years doesn't change that.

Three title challenges you know! Everyone forgets about 2001/2002 :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement