Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I know its been a cat bad start to the season and fans levels of tolerance are seriously depleted. But I think he should be given a bit more time to turn it around things looked a lot better against Norwich and we were unlucky not to come away with three points, having said that though I'm still not sold on the three at the back it just doesn't sit right with me.

I hoped during the summer Rodgers would be kept on but in hindsight it may have been the right time for him to go but fsg backed him, with a lot of players coming in and the backroom staff being replaced it was always going to be a dodgy start, we need more than six games to see where we are at.

The feeling I get with BR is he will turn us around, for a period of time. Whatever formation/approach he will settle on will get picked a part by a decent team and he wont change it until its too late.

I can see us going on a run and then falling apart again. I have no doubt he'd get us 5/6 every year with this approach. But he's not learning and after 3 years we have similar problems to his first season even. Players are not being utilised by his tactics, and when he gets a formation and tactics to work he cant adapt them when results go bad.

He wont get us back into the top 4 and he wont win us any trophies. But he will get us in and around par or just below. We need more, and that may be unfair but its a fact. As for who is available to take over etc is up for debate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    This is what we've come to so, celebrating a penalty victory over a League 2 side 65 places below us. Nothing to be running and jumping on fellas about imo.

Id liken it to a trip to the dentist, nervous and uncomfortable but when you get out there's a sense of relief.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

brevity wrote: »
    Id liken it to a trip to the dentist, nervous and uncomfortable but when you get out there's a sense of relief.

:pac: What? Who would you jump on after the dentist? The assistant? Thats mad!....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

I know its been a cat bad start to the season and fans levels of tolerance are seriously depleted. But I think he should be given a bit more time to turn it around things looked a lot better against Norwich and we were unlucky not to come away with three points, having said that though I'm still not sold on the three at the back it just doesn't sit right with me.

I hoped during the summer Rodgers would be kept on but in hindsight it may have been the right time for him to go but fsg backed him, with a lot of players coming in and the backroom staff being replaced it was always going to be a dodgy start, we need more than six games to see where we are at.

My problem is especially over the last 6 months or so the form is brutal. A couple of weeks ago we had something like 13 points from the last 14 league games on either side of the simmer break. Since then drew with Norwich, Bordeaux and Carlisle. It's a brutal run and I can't see where the improvement is coming from under the current regime. The danger is that a rum of games comes along against bottom feeder clubs, a rum of wins happens and it's all teeth from the BROG again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

If they won in Extra Time, they wouldn't have jumped around the place at the end, I'd bet. Its because its penalties and its pretty much the equivalent of celebrating a goal in regular time, if not surpassing that.

No real issue them celebrating with Bogdan. Feck, we have far bigger issues than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

I just thought it was embarrassing. Fellas running from the centre circle to jump on the goalkeeper. Alright lads, this isnt the f*cking european cup final - relax a bit!! Ye barely beat a League 2 side.
    Old school handshake, a pat on the back, well done and off down the dressing room for the flying tea cups/ hairdryer wouldve been more like it.

NukaCola wrote: »
    :pac: What? Who would you jump on after the dentist? The assistant? Thats mad!....

You should see my dentist's assistant, she's an absolute cracker. I'd jump on her before, during, or after if given a chance!

Knex. wrote: »
    You should see my dentist's assistant, she's an absolute cracker. I'd jump on her before, during, or after if given a chance!

But your mouth would be all numb - uncomfortably numb if you will.

Moreno, he's just a giant child :D

Pic is a little big, so I'll just link it: http://i.imgur.com/RHZNj8G

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

If they won in Extra Time, they wouldn't have jumped around the place at the end, I'd bet. Its because its penalties and its pretty much the equivalent of celebrating a goal in regular time, if not surpassing that.

No real issue them celebrating with Bogdan. Feck, we have far bigger issues than that.

Yeah, don't have a problem with the celebrations which were appropriate in the circumstances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Moreno, he's just a giant child :D

Pic is a little big, so I'll just link it: http://i.imgur.com/RHZNj8G

Who's the muppet in the blue shirt behind him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

They were just so happy the match was over. I was doing the same.

Blondie919 wrote: »
    Who's the muppet in the blue shirt behind him?

He missed the final penalty for Carlisle. Shocking hair, shocking pen.

Graham Beecroft from Merseyside 5 Live (I think), says FSG want Rodgers out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

terrible haircut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The pressure eases.

He has put his name out there now that he wants back into football.

Is he now publicly telling the likes of FSG give me a call so we can chat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

monkey9 wrote: »
    Nah, we've won everything bar the league since Sky invented football in 1992. The f*ck have Spurs won???

Living up to the name. Last 5 or so years ye have been scrap bar one league run. League cups matter fúck all.
    You know we've reached rock bottom when spurs fans are goading us.

Just need to hang onto Brendan a bit longer to reach that..
    Grayditch wrote: »
    I'd love to see Spurs get relegated.

I'd love to see a lot of teams get relegated, but at the top of my list, as I'm sure is the same with most non-Liverpool fans, is Liverpool. Not a popularity contest so really, who cares? Neither gonna happen for either club for a long time anyway.
    LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    1 Champions League
    1 UEFA Cup
    3 FA Cups
    4 League Cups

kinda does though. Liverpool are big dogs, Spurs are not so jog the **** on.

:D:D:D
    Right ya, good man. Firmino was the big money signing of the summer? Ye have the same pulling power as Spurs. Big dogs my hole!! Yer big Irish fan base won't change that anytime soon.

TheCitizen wrote: »
    I'm not a Liverpool fan, I'm a Celtic fan actually, was reading a bit of the thread here and spotted you having a go at a Liverpool fan who was saying Liverpool are in danger of becoming as irrelevant as Spurs. He was right to use Spurs as a marker of mediocrity and irrelevancy.

And that I'm not disputing, Spurs are a slightly better than mediocre club, as are Liverpool, despite what their fans tell you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I dunno why for some folk its an issue with players celebrating a shoot out win.

IMO it shows they actually give a bollox about the club.

Doesn't matter that it was "just" a league cup game against lower league opposition.

Players should be happy when they win and pissed off when they lose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

jasus klopp is like a dirty whoore practically pulling her knickers down for us but will fsg lob it in ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

If Spurs were relevant, they'd have a proper super thread.

Here ends the debate.

If Liverpool were relevant they would have a forum. :D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Screams of Klopps agent trying to get him the job and the nice paycheck that a club in crisis would pay.

Id rather Carlo as I think he's the steadier of the two and we could sure use that right now but bob either would be amazing. Klopps upside would be greater and he would prob make the fans fall in love instantly so that's also a plus.

It'll prob be neither tho. When do they not break our hearts...

I may be really suffering from sports depression given the two teams I care about (pool and the philly Eagles) are both the exact same. Always with the hope and always with the heartbreak...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11888272/Jurgen-Klopp-wants-Premier-League-job-as-Liverpool-speculation-intensifies.html
    Jurgen Klopp is reported to be prepared to end his sabbatical early in order to take a job in the Premier League.

The former Borussia Dortmund manager has been linked with taking over at Liverpool, with Brendan Rodgers under increasing pressure at Anfield after a poor start to the season.

Klopp left Dortmund at the end of last season after a seven-year spell at the Westfalenstadion, and had maintained that he wanted a year-long break from the game.

But, according to Sky Sports, that position may have shifted and the chance to take over at Anfield - were Rodgers to be sacked - might be too good to turn down.

Liverpool have not directly contacted Klopp or his representatives, and have yet to publicly bring Rodgers' long-term future into question.

Earlier this week, reports emerged linking Carlo Ancelotti with taking over on Merseyside. The Italian has been out of work since leaving Real Madrid at the end of last season.

Rodgers' position has become increasingly uncertain after Liverpool's poor form last season - which saw them fall from second place in 2013-14, to seventh - and then their faltering start to the new campaign.

They are without a win in six games, a run which has included heavy defeats to West Ham and Manchester United, and they were jeered by fans after failing to defeat League Two Carlisle over 120 minutes in the Capital One Cup. Liverpool eventually squeaked into the fourth round after winning on penalties.

A group of fans have vowed to protest at Rodgers by dressing up as Klopp for this weekend's game against Aston Villa.

Liverpool have been heavily criticised by pundits in recent weeks. Jamie Redknapp, their former midfielder, said that "something has to change" following the game against Carlisle, while Thierry Henry, the former Arsenal striker, said the club was in danger of going "backwards".

Charlie Nicholas, the former Scotland striker, told Sky: "They are going through a painful time and none more so than the manager. What are the principles of their game at the moment?

"The identity of Liverpool 18 months ago was speed and movement, in the first 20 minutes the game could be over. Suarez has been sold, you miss him, that's understandable, but who has he [Rodgers] replaced him with?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Colemania wrote: »
    Only thing wrong with that picture is the haircut from the Carlisle guy! Jesus christ!
    Somebody on Twitter noted that his head looked like a still from the JFK assassination video.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Charlie Nicholas is that the best the paper can do, the man who can't hide his hatred for the club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Rodgers is toast and if you'll excuse the pun, there is no smoke without fire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Seaba wrote: »
    I realise everyone is entitled to their opinion and have Liverpools well being at heart but I am genuinely saddened by the abuse our manager gets, not just on here, from Liverpool supporters. He is OUR manager, he is under pressure. If he has to go, so be it, but until that day, you, as reasonably as possibly, support your own.

i actually disagree.

i would be fúcking ecstatic if Rodgers could turn it around. I really would. I've flipped and I've flopped a fair few times, but it's only since the Utd game last year that I really fell strongly on the side of wanting him to gone. Then the start of this season has confirmed it. if i thought he could turn it around, I'd be supporting him no end.

but at the end of the day, I support Liverpool, not Brendan Rodgers. the data is in, and it's pretty much impossible to argue against it. he can't turn this around. there comes a point in time in a manager's tenure when there really is no return - the final nail in the coffin if you will. it was Northampton Town for Hodgson, and honestly, the performance last night was Rodgers'.

it's done. the malaise is set, and it's quite obvious he can't turn it around. he hasn't been able to for 14 months, what makes anyone think he can now without a Suarez as a focal point.

also, that prick tease Klopp just said he'd end his sabbatical early for the right project. if we're not making phone calls, I'd be furious. i don't think he necessarily wants a Real Madrid or Barcelona type job. i think he could be convinced to come with the right financial incentive, and promises that he could do what he wants to the team. FSG have created this mess, and if they had a responsible bone in their bodies, they'd realise they need to invest to fix it.

it can't get any worse with Rodgers, no matter what fear some people may have. it'll cost a few million to give him his compensation, and at the same time free up the fanbase to have a bit of hope again.

Now is a good time to get a manager in let him work with the squad that is there for 3 months and then he will know if and where he needs to add players and can start the rebuild in January.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Screams of Klopps agent trying to get him the job and the nice paycheck that a club in crisis would pay.

Id rather Carlo as I think he's the steadier of the two and we could sure use that right now but bob either would be amazing. Klopps upside would be greater and he would prob make the fans fall in love instantly so that's also a plus.

It'll prob be neither tho. When do they not break our hearts...
    I don't think they'd appoint either of them. Of all the managers that were available in the summer Mark Warburton (formerly of Brentford, now managing Rangers) seemed like the perfect FSG candidate.

Big Club Experience : NO -> No big salary
    He's forward thinking - he's one of the people responsible for the creation of the NextGen Series.
    His Brentford team played good football and were overachieving in the league.
    He's a former Sports Director/Director of Football.
    Could he handle the pressure of a big club? Yes - He was formerly a currency trader for Bank of America and RBS, trading billions every day.

Himself and Nicola Cortese could be an interesting combination.

Would he be accepted by the masses? Probably not. :)

Talisman wrote: »
    I don't think they'd appoint either of them. Of all the managers that were available in the summer Mark Warburton (formerly of Brentford, now managing Rangers) seemed like the perfect FSG candidate.

He's forward thinking - he's one of the people responsible for the creation of the NextGen Series.
    Could he handle the pressure of a big club? Yes - He was formerly a currency trader for Bank of America and RBS, trading billions every day.

And only 3 years younger than Carlo.

if fsg dont get in a world class manager presuming rodgers is going then i expect a furious backlash against them from the fans.

time to put up or **** off and sell for them now. show some ambition and get in a quality manager.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Ah Jaysus.

Let's try the aul experienced manager thing, for a bit, sure, before we start more Mighty Ducks craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

ricero wrote: »
    if fsg dont get in a world class manager presuming rodgers is going then i expect a furious backlash against them from the fans.

time to put up or **** off and sell for them now. show some ambition and get in a quality manager.
    A world class manager is not part of their model.

well there model has been ****e so far so time to change it. these men in charge need to realize its not baseball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Charlie Nicholas is that the best the paper can do, the man who can't hide his hatred for the club

His article on SSN today is hillarious. He basically outlines all that is wrong with Liverpool right now, no identity, players not good enough, olayers being played out of position etc. but yet we should stick with Brendan... I dont think he gives a reason why.

Then he finishes with.

"Liverpool fans want a style and formation that they like and that's why they'll always complain"

Baffling stuff. It's actually gas how basically all of the British telly pundits never come out and say a manager should be sacked, it's all a big boys club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Klopp is also not Premiership proven!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

5starpool wrote: »
    Ah Jaysus.

My thoughts exactly, could do a great job..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

His article on SSN today is hillarious. He basically outlines all that is wrong with Liverpool right now, no identity, players not good enough, olayers being played out of position etc. but yet we should stick with Brendan... I dont think he gives a reason why.

Then he finishes with.

"Liverpool fans want a style and formation that they like and that's why they'll always complain"

Baffling stuff. It's actually gas how basically all of the British telly pundits never come out and say a manager should be sacked, it's all a big boys club.

I distinctly remember Charlie's "predictions" for last season. Apparently Arsenal would win the league and Walcott would be top scorer in the league.

The man is completely delusional.

Edit: Found the article

Some choice quotes from the This is Anfield forums:
    It's like a weird Lego set, we've got all the bits to make a **** hot intergalactic space fighter ship to invade the universe, but the guy putting it together just keeps ending up with a ridiculous looking moon buggy with no guns.
    We look like a Lego set that's been expensively acquired but some bright spark forgot to include the instructions. Actually, no, we look like someone has bought several different Lego sets, pirates, space stuff and some Duplo in there as well, and then tries to mash it all together with no coherent plan or logic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

If we're going to keep the tradition of alliterative names for the days of the week, then can we call this one Tantrum Thursday - cause it looks like just about everyone has thrown the toys out of the pram :pac:

Some choice quotes from the This is Anfield forums:

It's like a weird Lego set, we've got all the bits to make a **** hot intergalactic space fighter ship to invade the universe, but the guy putting it together just keeps ending up with a ridiculous looking moon buggy with no guns.
    We look like a Lego set that's been expensively acquired but some bright spark forgot to include the instructions. Actually, no, we look like someone has bought several different Lego sets, pirates, space stuff and some Duplo in there as well, and then tries to mash it all together with no coherent plan or logic.

Watching our games is akin to jogging on Lego, barefoot, for 90 minutes.

#Lego

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

If we're going to keep the tradition of alliterative names for the days of the week, then can we call this one Tantrum Thursday - cause it looks like just about everyone has thrown the toys out of the pram :pac:

I am afraid that has already been appropriated by Tuesday

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=96642116&postcount=6247

Tragic Thursday or trouble Thursday maybe

• Advertisement

I am afraid that has already been appropriated by Tuesday

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=96642116&postcount=6247

Tantric Thursday it is.

Ooh turbulent Thursday

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Freakout Friday, or else F*cked up Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

Tantric Thursday it is.

yup...

Jays lads, tomorrow is Friday already!

Tantric Thursday it is.

tantric Thursdays would be a postive thing , not expecting much postivity in here on any day

2d6c3001e15168a04c358eaf70822c379cf2fe75_m.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement