Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Wake up and realise this isn't 1984, we haven't just dominated Europe again, we are a midtable side with delusions of grandeur based on the club we were 30 years ago.

Nah. Sounds like no craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭tanko

Italian players at Liverpool have been a roaring success I'm sure an Italian manager would be as well.

What about Sam Allerdici?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I think I have nailed who the next manager will be he is a manager who can wheel and deal in the transfer market a manager who knows the Premier League a manager who can work with young players an English manager and a manager who is a free agent.

The one and only Harry Redknapp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Talisman wrote: »
    He wasn't sacked from Brentford. The owner wanted to pick the team and tactics based upon his own performance metrics. The management team refused to work in that situation so they left at the end of the season having brought the club to the play-offs.

Can Mark Warburton translate Brentford success to Rangers?

I wasn't touting him for the job, I was pointing out that he is FSG's type of candidate. If you believe what FSG have said about how they want to shape the club, Warburton and Cortese are the kind of people they are looking for but haven't actually appointed.

People who expect Klopp or Ancelotti to be the next manager will more than likely be disappointed.

Apologies, I see now you weren't touting him yourself.

I agree with you in the respect that FSG may go for someone who's philosophy is in line with their own, and that may involve appointing someone no one would have even given a second thought to, however Warbuton is far too inexperienced to be even considered in that regard.

He had a decent run with Brentford, reportedly with a team assembled by Uwe Rossler, before the owner decided he wanted to go another direction.

Warbuton belongs in the same category as Stephen Kenny and Michael O'Neill. All doing good jobs but at levels far far removed from that of the English premier league

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

I think I have nailed who the next manager will be he is a manager who can wheel and deal in the transfer market a manager who knows the Premier League a manager who can work with young players an English manager and a manager who is a free agent.

0tlqT2F.gif

tumblr_lat62ah3v81qcoqtho1_400.gif

harry-redknapp-fack-off-o.gif.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Seaba wrote: »
    A coward?!
    A bloody coward?!!!
    Pathetic, cheap comment.
    How many times have managers like Ferguson in the past sent out someone to speak to the media?
    Were they cowards?

Maybe Rodgers was fuming and did not want to risk saying something he might regret about a player, fans etc? Nobody knows.

I am Liverpool supporter and realise Rodgers is under pressure, and if he doesn't get it right soon he is gone, but to make cheap, Sun/Daily Mail, personal comments like that is pathetic.

Yep, stuff getting posted and articles linked that are just digs at Rodgers. Totally classless.

I'm sure when we look back in time at Rodgers there'll be some derision but that season will go down like Evans, fondly remembered.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I heard a rumor last night that there is a split down the middle in regards to Rodgers getting the sack. Apparently FSG in the states want him gone but people like Ayre in the UK want him to stay.

Yeah, that was in the papers and linked here.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

Is LEGO the new Panda's and/or breakfast chats ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Someone mentioned on Twitter that Capello might be a good option as a DOF. I think if we're changing the manager we need to bring in some proper football people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

Who's this chap? 9 o'clock tomorrow eh? Second tweet down.

https://twitter.com/DazColz?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Who's this chap? 9 o'clock tomorrow eh? Second tweet down.

https://twitter.com/DazColz?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Also covered himself already. I'll wait for moley to break it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

cCqgUsV.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

brevity wrote: »
    Someone mentioned on Twitter that Capello might be a good option as a DOF. I think if we're changing the manager we need to bring in some proper football people.

What is the role of the director of football?

jpboard1 wrote: »
    What is the role of the director of football?

As I understand it the DoF oversees transfers, facilities, the youth teams & reserve teams of the football club.

As I understand it the DoF oversees transfers, facilities, the youth teams & reserve teams of the football club.

The manager should be in charge of signings(IMO)

He is atm

I'd agree and I'd say they are but to an extent. The way it's been described is that the manager describes the types of players he needs, there is a general discussion with scouts and the DoF heads off and does his thing.

I'd agree and I'd say they are but to an extent. The way it's been described is that the manager describes the types of players he needs, there is a general discussion with scouts and the DoF heads off and does his thing.

I am unconvinced there is a need for one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

I reckon Paul Jewell could do a job. Local lad and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

I dont follow the aul baseball, fancy rounders with grown up in weird kits. Does anyone follow it and could comment on the Red Sox appointments? Are they gambles, unknowns or FSG men who follow the script?

Someone said it already, we'll howl and moan here til Rodgers is gone but what comes next might not be such a welcome relief.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I dont follow the aul baseball, fancy rounders with grown up in weird kits. Does anyone follow it and could comment on the Red Sox appointments? Are they gambles, unknowns or FSG men who follow the script?

Someone said it already, we'll howl and moan here til Rodgers is gone but what comes next might not be such a welcome relief.

Good article here from Tomkins

http://tomkinstimes.com/2015/04/fsg-the-red-sox-and-dealing-with-management/

Conclusions are

To believe that Rodgers’ fate is bound up in league position or specific win/loss results or somehow hangs in the balance of these last six games, is to believe that FSG will act one way in Boston and another way in Liverpool.

To believe that FSG would even consider replacing Rodgers because a perceived “upgrade” has come available is again to believe that FSG will act one way in Boston and another way in Liverpool.

To believe that if Brendan Rodgers dropped dead tomorrow FSG would look to replace him with a “big name” who “has won things” is once more to believe that FSG will act one way in Boston and another way in Liverpool.

To believe that FSG would even consider firing Rogers over the transfer dealings which have transpired is to believe that FSG will act one way in Boston and another way in Liverpool.

To believe that FSG’s “preference” is to have a strong and experienced DOF over Rodgers making football decisions is to believe that FSG will act one way in Boston and another way in Liverpool.

If Rodgers gets himself fired – it will be due to a straining of the working relationship with FSG, not due to on the field results – at least if FSG follows its Boston form. There is nothing I have seen publicly to suggest that that has happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

NukaCola wrote: »

Conclusions are

To believe that Rodgers’ fate is bound up in league position or specific win/loss results or somehow hangs in the balance of these last six games, is to believe that FSG will act one way in Boston and another way in Liverpool.

To believe that FSG would even consider replacing Rodgers because a perceived “upgrade” has come available is again to believe that FSG will act one way in Boston and another way in Liverpool.

To believe that if Brendan Rodgers dropped dead tomorrow FSG would look to replace him with a “big name” who “has won things” is once more to believe that FSG will act one way in Boston and another way in Liverpool.

To believe that FSG would even consider firing Rogers over the transfer dealings which have transpired is to believe that FSG will act one way in Boston and another way in Liverpool.

To believe that FSG’s “preference” is to have a strong and experienced DOF over Rodgers making football decisions is to believe that FSG will act one way in Boston and another way in Liverpool.

If Rodgers gets himself fired – it will be due to a straining of the working relationship with FSG, not due to on the field results – at least if FSG follows its Boston form. There is nothing I have seen publicly to suggest that that has happened.

Bollox

RayCon wrote: »
    Bollox

Are you saying the article is bollox or "bollox" based on the article? :pac:
    Its only one mans opinion but his conclusions are fairly sound.

Are you saying the article is bollox or "bollox" based on the article? :pac:
    Its only one mans opinion but his conclusions are fairly sound.

I'm reading that as an "Ahhhh FFS"

There has been alleged power struggle within FSG for a while now and it seems to Mike Gordon is involved in it with Larry Lucchino all involved deny it of course.

It seems to be more about the Red Sox but if Mike Gordon is more distracted about that than looking after Liverpool then he isn't doing LFC any favours.

John W did some major Boston/New York press back in February or March about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Conclusions are

Did Hodgson and Kenny get sacked for strained relationships?
    I don't remember hearing anything about it.

Fromvert wrote: »
    Did Hodgson and Kenny get sacked for strained relationships?
    I don't remember hearing anything about it.

Kenny was a stabiliser and using the Bobby Valentine example and to borrow the analogy perhaps Hodgson was tossed in there like a hand grenade, with the intent of failing and giving them free reign to dismantle.

I'm not sure the parallels can be drawn so clearly, there are bigger incentives like Champs League and TV money from that in play with Liverpool. The revenue they can generate is more based on success. 5 years of no trophies and poor finishes and there wont be too many kids in Asia or New York wearing Liverpool shirts.

Kenny was a stabiliser and using the Bobby Valentine example and to borrow the analogy perhaps Hodgson was tossed in there like a hand grenade, with the intent of failing and giving them free reign to dismantle.

I'm not sure the parallels can be drawn so clearly, there are bigger incentives like Champs League and TV money from that in play with Liverpool. The revenue they can generate is more based on success. 5 years of no trophies and poor finishes and there wont be too many kids in Asia or New York wearing Liverpool shirts.

This is becoming a bigger and bigger issue. Liverpool are really running out of time. I saw a stat that the viewership for the United/Liverpool game is 3 times the audience that El Classico gets. This won't last forever without success. There is a huge gamble being taken here and if it goes wrong there really will be no coming back.

This is becoming a bigger and bigger issue. Liverpool are really running out of time. I saw a stat that the viewership for the United/Liverpool game is 3 times the audience that El Classico gets. This won't last forever without success. There is a huge gamble being taken here and if it goes wrong there really will be no coming back.

Not that it's a huge market or matters too much right now, but in all my travels around Argentina, Brasil and Chile I have only ever saw Chelsea, City & United kits.

• Advertisement

Not that it's a huge market or matters too much right now, but in all my travels around Argentina, Brasil and Chile I have only ever saw Chelsea, City & United kits.

Yep, Liverpool are already being left behind. If they don't have success soon it will become impossible to ever bridge the gap.The club has a massive following right now but this won't last with performances in the last 20 years. The club have already lost a whole generation. If they lose a second its over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Makes sense when you see who's playing for them

Plenty of South Americans at all those clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Makes sense when you see who's playing for them

Plenty of South Americans at all those clubs.

Lucas coutinho suarez and now firmino. It's more to do with success. Most of the jerseys are probably fake though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Rumours coming from mates in Liverpool that he is gone, will be announced tomorrow. Could be bull crap but one or two saying it that would make me take note.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Dub13 wrote: »
    Rumours coming from mates in Liverpool that he is gone, will be announced tomorrow. Could be bull crap but one or two saying it that would make me take note.

Why sack him the day before a game?

There was talk last night he might walk himself.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Obviously that would be a very small minority but it just goes to show what's actually going on with the club. We are not the draw we once were and demanding unrealistic things is just gone beyond a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Why sack him the day before a game?

If they have made the decision they want him gone then they can hardly sack him after the Villa game if he wins. It is though only prolonging the inevitable so just pull the plaster now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Why not just announce it tonight rather than the morning?

There was talk last night he might walk himself.

no chance and rightly so.

Walk away from millions? He'd be a fool to lets face it

• Advertisement

rarnes1 wrote: »
    500 followers :o

641 now...doesnt post that often though :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

The lads I am hearing this from are older, not twitter heads. Going the game years, I would not post just twitter crap. Still does not mean its true but make of it what you want.

I would say if and when he does go there will be some truth to this tweet.
    Same lad reckons the groundwork for the new manager was done this summer too so it'll be a quick appointment

Lucas coutinho suarez and now firmino. It's more to do with success. Most of the jerseys are probably fake though.

Add into that Mascherano and Maxi Rodriguez. It's not the lack of S.American players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Dub is obviously well connected.

Dub13 wrote: »
    The lads I am hearing this from are older, not twitter heads. Going the game years, I would not post just twitter crap. Still does not mean its true but make of it what you want.

Age is no guarantee of accuracy. I am calling BS, no way a handful of lads in Dublin get hold of story like that before the national media. Crazy.

Come Monday morning we'll see.

I guess we will find out at the pre-game presser tomorrow.

If he is going I reckon the Newcastle job will suit him when McClaren gets the boot.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I guess we will find out at the pre-game presser tomorrow.

Maybe, if its held by Gary Mac then yes something has happened but otherwise Rodgers may stone wall to the end.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement