Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Andre Ayew is a Liverpool fan. Friday trivia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Knex. wrote: »
    Have we lost the game yet?

Seriously don't think I've ever felt so "meh" about a game before, especially against United. Its the absolute incarnation of Danny Ings, in terms of a footballing spectacle. Maybe that's why he's penned in to start, who knows.

Maybe, the game is so Danny Ings, that he'll melt into the background, becoming one with himself, and we'll essentially be playing with ten players.

International Breaks are still very much an underwhelming pile of balls.
    There is no buzz for the game. As both teams are average & despite big spending there is a lack of big names especially in our team with no Coutinho.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Everybody seem so certain that Gerrard could have suddenly come in and be a great coach and a assistant manager. Now I am not saying that he would not have been and would have been good to spring off the bench but there has been a lot of great players who have tried and been bad as coaches and managers Keane, Shearer, Barnes, Souness, Aldridge, Evans

Gerrard should be assistant manager?

What nonsense.

No top club in their right mind would put an inexperienced man as 2nd in command.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Wow.. Tiago Ilori has a mad London accent on him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

rarnes1 wrote: »

What nonsense.

No top club in their right mind would put an inexperienced man as 2nd in command.

I don't get that one either.

Did Carragher ever get a coaching position?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

It's rare a great player makes a great manager/coach.

Not siding with Rodgers or the club but Rodgers doesn't have the stature or experience to deal with the pressure from the fan base over Gerrard on his coaching staff when results start to go downhill.
    Gerrard was inexperienced and too big of a presence to have, if I'm Rodgers I don't see any positive and he's better off kicking a ball around in LA.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭MentalMario

Everybody seem so certain that Gerrard could have suddenly come in and be a great coach and a assistant manager. Now I am not saying that he would not have been and would have been good to spring off the bench but there has been a lot of great players who have tried and been bad as coaches and managers Keane, Shearer, Barnes, Souness, Aldridge, Evans

Evans wasn't a bad manager. He never finished outside the top 4.

Souness wasn't a bad manager. He was an excellent one. Remember him at Blackburn, for example.

Keane brought Sunderland to the Premier League. Hardly a bad manager. Not amazing, but certainly not terrible.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Wow.. Tiago Ilori has a mad London accent on him

Well he was born there. I'm not sure what age he moved to Portugal at, but if he had the accent before he left speaking Portuguese wouldn't help him lose it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

SlickRic wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but if Steven Gerrard is telling the truth when he says he would've stayed had he been offered a coaching role, then the club needs a fúcking slap. Actually, more than a slap.

Utterly and completely stupid to let that experience and influence go when you don't have to.

Fúcking hell.

Nonsense, a few months ago Gerrard said he left as he wasent guaranteed first team action. Now he's saying he would have stayed had he been offered a coaching role, what will his story be next time?

Gerrard can cut his teeth elsewhere for a few years before he eyes up a coaching spot here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

5starpool wrote: »
    Well he was born there. I'm not sure what age he moved to Portugal at, but if he had the accent before he left speaking Portuguese wouldn't help him lose it.

I just never heard him speak before! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

What nonsense.

I see what you did there.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I updated Irishkop.com over the last couple of days and moved away from the VB format. All accounts have moved over so passwords, PM's etc should all still be the same. Any issues just let me know. Have a look and let me know what you think.

http://www.irishkop.com/forums/index.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

if there is no buyout clause in de gea's new deal im delighted madrid got stuffed,but of course him leaving utd was bad for utd and would have made me happy too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

There is absolutely nothing wrong with people liking the thoughts of having Stevie on the coaching staff or even taking over as manager, it reminds me of the time when the wee lad from Scotland took over as player/manger. I know it's a totally different era to that of the mid 80s but it is a nice idea at the end of the day.

I personally would prefer if Gerrard left his time at the club the way it stands, As I wouldn't like to see any more disappointment were the blame could lie with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

if there is no buyout clause in de gea's new deal im delighted madrid got stuffed,but of course him leaving utd was bad for utd and would have made me happy too.

Doesn't matter whether there is a buyout clause or not, he will be gone next summer. Same situation as when Suarez signed a new deal for us after looking to leave a few months beforehand.

The funniest part is the United fans who think he'll actually stay lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

martyos121 wrote: »
    Doesn't matter whether there is a buyout clause or not, he will be gone next summer. Same situation as when Suarez signed a new deal for us after looking to leave a few months beforehand.

The funniest part is the United fans who think he'll actually stay lol.

hope barca buy him now

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Charlie19 wrote: »
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with people liking the thoughts of having Stevie on the coaching staff or even taking over as manager, it reminds me of the time when the wee lad from Scotland took over as player/manger. I know it's a totally different era to that of the mid 80s but it is a nice idea at the end of the day.

I personally would prefer if Gerrard left his time at the club the way it stands, As I wouldn't like to see any more disappointment were the blame could lie with him.

Bob Paisley was helping Kenny out as needed then. Not a bad mentor to have.

5starpool wrote: »
    Bob Paisley was helping Kenny out as needed then. Not a bad mentor to have.

If carlsberg did mentors....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Evans wasn't a bad manager. He never finished outside the top 4.

Souness wasn't a bad manager. He was an excellent one. Remember him at Blackburn, for example.

Keane brought Sunderland to the Premier League. Hardly a bad manager. Not amazing, but certainly not terrible.

Souness at Liverpool finished 6th 6th and 8th. Won a FA cup against a second division team. In Blackburn he bought him to top 6 once and just avoided relegation next.

Keane brought a Championship team up to the premiership did well in that and I will give you that but every other season was horrible.

I will admit i agree with Evans. But my point is just because you are a great player does not necessarily make you a great coach/assistant manager/manager.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Dub13 wrote: »
    I updated Irishkop.com over the last couple of days and moved away from the VB format. All accounts have moved over so passwords, PM's etc should all still be the same. Any issues just let me know. Have a look and let me know what you think.

http://www.irishkop.com/forums/index.php

Looks good, Dub!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Presser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

I just never heard him speak before! :D

His mother is from London so speaking English he'd naturally have a London accent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ96/status/642366445284888576

If that was Sakho he wouldn't be in the squad vs Man Utd nvm the team. Rodgers clearly treats his own signings differently. Better hope somehow Lovren plays well.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Knex. wrote: »
    Looks good, Dub!

Cheers, the old site was starting to look a bit dated so was time to move. The new site is responsive, which means it will adjust to fit the screen you are on at the time. Its a handy feature, looks great on the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

MD1990 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ96/status/642366445284888576

If that was Sakho he wouldn't be in the squad vs Man Utd nvm the team. Rodgers clearly treats his own signings differently. Better hope somehow Lovren plays well.

Spotted the below tweet earlier and it really couldnt be more apt.

Dave O’Connell ‏@DaveOCKOP 3h3 hours ago
    I don't like saying this at all but Dejan Lovren is going to get Brendan Rodgers sacked because of Brendan Rodgers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Would have been great if 'The Rodgers' started off the press conference with a Sturridge joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

It does look like his stubbornness to prove that hes right will be his own undoing. If he just accepted that the TC have picked some good players I'll use these he might have a chance alas I think it's not to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

I don't get the negativity in here about the game v the scum though. They're bog average seriously, unfortunately the keeper that earned them 15 points last season is back :( but all over the pitch they're nothing to be overly worried about. Personally think the 442 diamond is the way to go, BR has had most success with 2 up top , screw possession and just get it forward quickly with Firmino and the 2 shuttlers supporting Ings and Bentekers and I genuinely think they wouldn't be able to handle it. Even if we lost playing like this it'd be so much more satisfying and get the fans proud of the team again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

U 21s v Chelsea, its on LFC tv

Firth, Randall, Whelan, Cleary, Brewitt, Chirivella, M Gomes, Brannagan, Sinclair, O’Hanlon, Dunn.

Russell, Dabo, Aina, Conroy, Wright, Ali, Swift, Mitchell, Palmer, Musonda, Kiwomya

Still at the club.

Watching LFCtv, its like Pravda. Jack Dunn takes a very poor free kick at goal and complete silence follows for 3 or 4 seconds then Chelsea are closing in on Liverpool's goal and they recommence commentary

So if Sakho is not starting and Henderson and Lallana out we will go something like this I hope.

I don't see him dropping Gomez for Moreno.

Mignolet

-Clyne
    Skrtel
    Lovren
    Gomez-

Lucas

Milner
    Can

Firmino

Benteke
    Ings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

So if Sakho is not starting and Henderson and Lallana out we will go something like this I hope.

Mignolet

-Clyne
    Skrtel
    Lovren
    Gomez-

Lucas

Milner
    Can

Firmino

Benteke
    Ings

Could see this being the team alright...praying that Sakho gets in over Lovren though. Would also be very worried about that left side, we're way too narrow with Gomez not being able to go up the line and cross - they know he'll cut back onto his right foot every single time.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/real-madrid/11857880/Real-Madrid-president-says-Rafael-Benitez-is-the-best-coach-Ive-had-and-Jose-Mourinho-will-never-return.html

Florentino Perez with high praises for Rafa Benitez:
    “He’s the best coach, I’ve ever had.”
    It may or may not be a little dig at Jose. Perez goes onto say that Mourinho will never return to manage at the Bernabeu.

Mignolet

-Clyne
    Skrtel
    Lovren
    Gomez-

Lucas

Milner
    Can

Firmino

Benteke
    Ings

Jaysus our team looks fairly average tbh.

No standout players at all.

That's a £70m front 3 for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Lovren over sakho.

Just, why :(

Vicxas wrote: »
    Lovren over sakho.

I'll be pretty shocked if that's true.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Vicxas wrote: »
    Lovren over sakho.

Was thinking that myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

I'll be pretty shocked if that's true.

Prepare to be shocked so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

klose wrote: »
    Prepare to be shocked so

Shocked all season by the looks of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

That group just screams upper mid table to me. The kind of team you'd expect from Spurs or Everton during the 'Big Four' years.

That group just screams upper mid table to me. The kind of team you'd expect from Spurs or Everton during the 'Big Four' years.

Screams of a Brendan Rodgers Swansea team.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

I think the 'meh'ness of the team is representative of the general averageness of the premier league right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Lovrens a liability. To start him is almost as bad as giving the opposition a one goal lead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

NukaCola wrote: »
    Lovrens a liability. To start him is almost as bad as giving the opposition a one goal lead.

Remarkable that this is the overwhelming consensus, and yet the man who matters, the man whose job is on the line - or very close to it - is once again putting faith in a guy who has shown that he simply isn't up to it. Rank stupidity and ****ing annoying given that we're playing United and selecting Sakho would make me slightly optimistic we might get a point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

mosstin wrote: »
    Remarkable that this is the overwhelming consensus, and yet the man who matters, the man whose job is on the line - or very close to it - is once again putting faith in a guy who has shown that he simply isn't up to it. Rank stupidity and ****ing annoying given that we're playing United and selecting Sakho would make me slightly optimistic we might get a point.

It really is mind blowing at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

#freeSakho

The lad deserves far better.

Just let him go if you're going to insult his and everyone else's intelligence by playing that calamitous Croat ahead of him.

Fellaini vs Lovren only see one winner there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

SlickRic wrote: »
    #freeSakho

The lad deserves far better.

Just let him go if you're going to insult his and everyone else's intelligence by playing that calamitous Croat ahead of him.

I want talented players out of favour to hang on in the squad. It's just one guy's opinion. There will be other guys, other opinions in due course.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement