Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

MD1990 wrote: »
    Everyone still think Klopp wouldn't take the job I'd offered?
    FSG should hire him ASAP.

Ian?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Rumours of Ancelotti....

Klopp giving the club the old sexy eyes....

It's gonna be someone totally uninspiring isn't it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

gafferino wrote: »
    Is anyone hearing anything about Klinsmann? ��

Good God. I hope not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Rumours of Ancelotti....

I almost hope its Paul Jewell just to see the meltdown in here :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Rumours of Ancelotti....

Moley's mentioning Dodgy Box, don't know much about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Dodgy Box

Wha'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Be surprised if we saw any movement tomorrow when we have a game this weekend. Lose against Villa though, and I'd say he's done.

If in a dream world he'd want to manage us, I'd be taking Ancelotti. Suppose time will tell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

woo hoo ... Onward we limp ...

limping.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,490 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We should appoint a female manager
    Set a trend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭johnny osbourne

jimmy mcguinness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

First port of call will be checking if the new gaffer has any portraits hanging in his house!

Yea, that was a huge warning sign.
    Set a trend

Black and lesbian too.

Who fits the bill.

Ok, I did research.

Welcome to our new manager, already leaning:

wanda-sykes-episode-1200x630.jpg

She wouldn't take no ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Kenny was a stabiliser and using the Bobby Valentine example and to borrow the analogy perhaps Hodgson was tossed in there like a hand grenade, with the intent of failing and giving them free reign to dismantle.

I'm not sure the parallels can be drawn so clearly, there are bigger incentives like Champs League and TV money from that in play with Liverpool. The revenue they can generate is more based on success. 5 years of no trophies and poor finishes and there wont be too many kids in Asia or New York wearing Liverpool shirts.

Hodgson was already there when FSG took over?

I think Kenny was a more sentimental appointment and I'd say they regret it now.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Is there anything to be said for Roddy Collins?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

5starpool wrote: »
    Freakout Friday, or else F*cked up Friday.

I'm in! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Set a trend

Clermont have beaten us to that unfortunately :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Is there anything to be said for Roddy Collins?

About as much as there is to be said for another mass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭dogbert27

K-9 wrote: »

I think Kenny was a more sentimental appointment and I'd say they regret it now.

Why would they regret Dalglish's appointment?

He stabilised the mess of the season that Hodgson had us in and in his one full season in charge won FSG their only cup and got to the FA Cup final.

They have re-instated him in his ambassador role. I don't think they have any regrets with Kenny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Why would they regret Dalglish's appointment?

He stabilised the mess of the season that Hodgson had us in and in his one full season in charge won FSG their only cup and got to the FA Cup final.

They have re-instated him in his ambassador role. I don't think they have any regrets with Kenny.

Kenny was there to stabilize the ship, he wasn't seen as a long term replacement.

I dont think they have any problems with the King.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Vicxas wrote: »
    Kenny was there to stabilize the ship, he wasn't seen as a long term replacement.

I dont think they have any problems with the King.

His '84 European Cup winner's medal was auctioned off for £165,000 for charity last night. Legend that man.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

It seems to have gone unnoticed with all the faux outrage about the manager but Firmino will be out for 3/4 weeks at least, he pulled out of the Brazil squad for their qualifiers in October.

It seems to have gone unnoticed with all the faux outrage about the manager but Firmino will be out for 3/4 weeks at least, he pulled out of the Brazil squad for their qualifiers in October.

:(

Of all our signings these last few years, this was the one I really wanted to take off. Hopefully he'll come back (under a different manager maybe :P) and show the player LFC signed from Hoffenheim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

If Rodgers takes the press conference at midday it will put the sacked rumours to bed for the weekend anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

K-9 wrote: »

Not sure why they would regret it, he provided two cup finals, winning one. Two of his signings also being Henderson and Suarez. They didn't work out too badly.

There's not a lot to be bitter about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    If Rodgers takes the press conference at midday it will put the sacked rumours to bed for the weekend anyway.

Haven't they changed it to 9.15am? Apparently it's just the usual pre match presser.

... faux outrage about the manager...

Yeah, "faux" doesn't mean what you think it means, clearly.

• Advertisement

corwill wrote: »

I don't think I'm going to let that stop me from using it either:

"I'm so fauxed right now."

"What the faux?"

"You having a fauxing clue!"

"Pass the fauxing ball."

"We're fauxed."

I think it's a word for all occasions really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Faux real

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭The Mulk

I don't think I'm going to let that stop me from using it either:

"I'm so fauxed right now."

"What the faux?"

"You having a fauxing clue!"

"Pass the fauxing ball."

"We're fauxed."

I think it's a word for all occasions really.

You do realise it's pronounced "Foe/Fow"

It means exactly what I think it means. And it's very apt for some of the posters on here.

It means exactly what I think it means. And it's very apt for some of the posters on here.

I don't think a lot of people here are feigning outrage, we are all generally peeved at how crappy we have been over the last 6-7 months.

• Advertisement

Vicxas wrote: »
    I don't think a lot of people here are feigning outrage, we are all generally peeved at how crappy we have been over the last 6-7 months.

Peeved? Fair enough.
    Annoyed? Yep, I can buy that too.

But outraged? No. Not having that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

So it's a semantics thing.

Cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

What's the story, who's this Faux Outrage player we have just signed? Will the Kop be singing 'who let the faux out'.

What's the story, who's this Faux Outrage player we have just signed? Will the Kop be singing 'who let the faux out'.

Dunno but I'm sure you'll write him off after 6 games and fail to backup that opinion.

Just because you don't share someone's views doesn't mean those views are not genuinely held. It's asinine to suggest it.

Or maybe you really don't know what it means. That would marginally less embarrassing for you, you might be best served going with that explanation.

Dunno but I'm sure you'll write him off after 6 games and fail to backup that opinion.

shade.gif

Just because you don't share someone's views doesn't mean those views are not genuinely held. It's asinine to suggest it.

Or maybe you really don't know what it means. That would marginally less embarrassing for you, you might be best served going with that explanation.

I feel you should look up the meaning of "outrage". Brendan Rodgers shouldn't make someone feel such feelings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Does anybody remember how the UTD thread dealt with that Pro- moyes troll 2 years ago ?
    Is it worth sending a delegation for some advice and help ?

The Mulk wrote: »
    You do realise it's pronounced "Foe/Fow"

You do know what a sense of humour and artistic licence is right??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Rodgers turned up at the presser...he'll be here for another while yet.

Firmino may have cracked a bone in his back and Lovren has ligament damage.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/TonyBarretTimes/status/647328855615795200

Rodgers: "I hope to be a manager for 20 years but I respect that that 20 years probably won't be here at Liverpool."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭Augme

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

I thought the rumours could be put to bed as soon as they happened. Would be surprising to see him sacked the day before a game. I think he'll be given until the International break myself. If the results in those games are good he'll be given longer if not he'll be out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

I really hope that Rodgers turns it around.

brevity wrote: »
    Rodgers turned up at the presser...he'll be here for another while yet.

Firmino may have cracked a bone in his back and Lovren has ligament damage.

I think there are enough excuses for him to stay until Christmas.

Injury list: Henderson, Firmino, Benteke, Lovren. He can argue he's lost 4 first team players.

Throw in Sturridge being injured for the first 5 games of the season and he can make the argument that he hasn't had the opportunity this season to field the first 11 that he wants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I really hope we get rid before he does anymore damage with his clueless tactics, personally. I can understand people wanting him to be given a chance, but I'm not one of those people, he's had enough chances.

I was all for giving BR a chance but we have just looked so devoid of ideas recently its actually so hard to watch.
    When we finished second in the league I looked forward to every game as we played some scintillating stuff.

We've been fairly awful to watch since March/April time and the United game was the last straw for me really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Keeping Rodgers another week is a signal that the club harbour now hopes of getting back to the Champions League this season.

brevity wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/TonyBarretTimes/status/647328855615795200

Rodgers: "I hope to be a manager for 20 years but I respect that that 20 years probably won't be here at Liverpool."

Sounds like a man resigned to his fate.

The job came too soon for him IMO, he needed more time before coming to Liverpool - he should have made his mistakes at another club. He might string a few good results together but I don't ever see us winning a significant trophy with him.

I'm a fairly empathetic person, almost to a fault, but I find it hard to feel really sorry for him as he's not come across as a person I could ever like.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Sounds like a man resigned to his fate.

Realistic is what it is, every manager is on the slope to leaving the club they are at the minute they take the job.

He's the second longest serving manager in the EPL, after Wenger, so he's probably coming to the end of his tenure one way or another, and he's not really a fool.

He obviously knows the results aren't going right, and that the managers are usually the ones who bear the cross of the results.

Chances are he'll be gone by Xmas, because lets face it, the squad isn't reacting to him as he'd like.

Moyes not a bad shout. If he hadn't previously managed Everton.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement