Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

It's ironic that nice, attacking tiki-taka football is what got Rodgers the Liverpool job in the first place, and last season he abandoned his philosophy in favour of a more boring, defensive set-up, and that's likely what will cost him his job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

dogbert27 wrote: »
    I think there are enough excuses for him to stay until Christmas.

Injury list: Henderson, Firmino, Benteke, Lovren. He can argue he's lost 4 first team players.

Throw in Sturridge being injured for the first 5 games of the season and he can make the argument that he hasn't had the opportunity this season to field the first 11 that he wants.

All he ever says is rebuilding and challenge next season, he will have the next 3 games to turn things around but as soon as he loses a game their will be tons of pressure on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭The Mulk

You do know what a sense of humour and artistic licence is right??

One person here does- see post #4028 on how to use both correctly!!:p

"faux real"- classic

Sorry didn't mean to sound like a d!ck but i work with someone who gets it wrong all the time, says it like "focks" the same with au fait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I think we win tomorrow.

Rodgers: "I have regular contact with the owners & that relationship is strong.No matter how much longer I'm here, I'll have huge respect for them.

He knows he's gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Does anybody remember how the UTD thread dealt with that Pro- moyes troll 2 years ago ?
    Is it worth sending a delegation for some advice and help ?

We had him executed.

ElChe32 wrote: »
    We had him executed.

Video Footage.

monty-python-stoning.gif?w=700

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Knex. wrote: »
    Video Footage.

monty-python-stoning.gif?w=700

I see they even executed him in Manchester!

I kid, I kid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

BR: "Whether I'm here for one day more, one month, one year, I will always have huge respect for the owners and everyone here."

He knows he's gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

if those quotes are accurate then yeah, he's accepted it.

It's days, not weeks or months at this stage.

Maybe even hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Rodgers: "I have regular contact with the owners & that relationship is strong.No matter how much longer I'm here, I'll have huge respect for them.

He knows he's gone.

If he's said that then the writing is on the wall.

Did he say similar stuff after the Stoke game last year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Lose tomorrow or even draw he is gone, he has accepted it if those quotes are accurate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

rob316 wrote: »
    Lose tomorrow or even draw he is gone, he has accepted it if those quotes are accurate.

I think he's gone anyway. I mean, so what if we beat Villa tomorrow. That doesn't mean or change anything. It's his fourth season now, he's had plenty of time which any manager should get of course and doesn't look capable of getting us into the top four at this stage.

He just looks lost now. Even before the shootout the other night when he was patting players on the back trying to gee them up, it just looked like hollow gestures.

I think he's done a decent job at Liverpool and it is a very tough job to do. But it's drawing to a close now for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Time for a who should be the next manager poll?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

brevity wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/TonyBarretTimes/status/647328855615795200

Rodgers: "I hope to be a manager for 20 years but I respect that that 20 years probably won't be here at Liverpool."

What a stupid thing to say. He is only piling the pressure on himself. There may have been talks already.

Time for a who should be the next manager poll?

It just better not be AVB. I want the club to think big with this appointment.

monkey9 wrote: »

I would be very surprised to see a top experienced manager. It goes against their ethos.

You'd swear you never read that article about why AVB will be a success at Liverpool

• Advertisement

You'd swear you never read that article about why AVB will be a success at Liverpool

What article?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

John Barnes!

:pac:

this one?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

I can't wait for the reactions of people when it's neither Klopp or Ancelotti and they end up pining for Rodgers. Similar to how the people who wanted Rafa out got exactly what they deserved with Hodgson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I can't wait for the reactions of people when it's neither Klopp or Ancelotti and they end up pining for Rodgers. Similar to how the people who wanted Rafa out got exactly what they deserved with Hodgson.

Why would anybody pine for Rodgers? Not like he's brought any success to the club?

Huge huge differences between Rafa's reign and Rodgers' reign.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Huge huge differences between Rafa's reign and Rodgers' reign.

I'm not comparing the 2.

It also starting to look like he was given 10 games to turn around the end of last seasons form this Villa game would be game 9 of the 10 and there has been no signs of a turn around in form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

It also starting to look like he was given 10 games to turn around the end of last seasons form this Villa game would be game 9 of the 10 and there has been no signs of a turn around in form.

Lol, you basically made that up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

jpboard1 wrote: »
    I would be very surprised to see a top experienced manager. It goes against their ethos.

How so? Are you confusing their ethos of acquiring and developing young talent Vs buying in 28-30 year old senior players? The age of a manager has no commercial impact on the club as there is no (effective) use by date and there is never (or rarely) a sell on opportunity.

After having a young promising manager (assuming BR leaves) the appetite will be for something opposite to what we had so an experienced proven manager to get the club back to where it should be (given the value of squad, spend on wages etc) may well be the key criteria and Ancelotti will top that list. If he does a LVG and turns things around for 3 years maybe winning a cup and pushing for top 4 and maybe even in the hunt for the title it will be easier to attract and keep players (yes you Coutinho!!) and then also easier to attract an ambitios manager looking to step up.

spockety wrote: »

Yup it's a guess and I don't see where I said it was fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Some fairly uninspiring cage rattling going on already today, I see.

spockety wrote: »

maybe he did but 10 games is a quarter of the season and long enough to get some idea of whether an already struggling manager has turned things round. Wouldn't be a bad marker point at which to make an appraisal

• Advertisement

Throw in Sturridge being injured for the first 5 games of the season and he can make the argument that he hasn't had the opportunity this season to field the first 11 that he wants.

To be fair you'd want to be fairly glum to swallow that as he now has assembled a squad, not just a first 11.
    maybe he did but 10 games is a quarter of the season and long enough to get some idea of whether an already struggling manager has turned things round. Wouldn't be a bad marker point at which to make an appraisal

Win tomorrow, 11 points from 7 PL games 1.57ppg, an away point in the EL after fielding a side with a makeshift CM that became an debutant CM partnership and through the first round of the domestic cup.

All things considered he won't be sacked going on that, lose tomorrow and things look a lot sh1tter though.

There only one statistic that matters not how many PPG we get or how much money has been spend or how many injures we have etc etc

In the last 18 league and cup games Liverpool have won 4 games.

There only one statistic that matters not how many PPG we get or how much money has been spend or how many injures we have etc etc

In the last 18 league and cup games Liverpool have won 4 games.

What about the last 19 games, the last 20 games etc.

what's the 18 game significance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Grayditch wrote: »
    Some fairly uninspiring cage rattling going on already today, I see.

I hope you get the cage rattling you deserve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Augeo wrote: »

It highlights the length of time we've been rubbish. When teams are that bad for that long, the managers position rightly should be called into question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Weren't you the person constantly referring to the '3 back to back losses' as a reference point for cherry picking stats last season? :)

Rafa's Record at LFC
    FA Cup: 2005–06
    FA Community Shield: 2006
    UEFA Champions League: 2004–05
    UEFA Super Cup: 2005

Brendan's Record at LFC

tumbleweed.jpg

Don't think anyone will be pining for a manager who has won fcuk all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Stab*City wrote: »

He was ****e last year in France, he was ****e in preseason and he's been ****e in his limited competitive appearances so far.

I wish him well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Milkers wrote: »
    He was ****e last year in France, he was ****e in preseason and he's been ****e in his limited competitive appearances so far.

I wish him well.

Dont see any issue with loaning him out, he isnt going to improve sitting in the stand week in , week out. It would be best for everybody if he was loaned out.

There's really no point getting into semantics like that when the stat is so damning.

4 wins. 18 games. Its not like we played Real Madrid and Barca in those 18 games making them some sort of anomaly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Firmino has a cracked bone in his back? Jesus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭Augme

kfallon wrote: »
    Why would anybody pine for Rodgers? Not like he's brought any success to the club?

I'm not a Rodgers fan by any means but some of the names I have seen mentioned would make me pine for Rodgers. The likes of Gary Monk wouldn't go as far as having me pine for Rodgers but I honestly don't know if I'd sack Rodgers for Monk if it was up to me. The problem is a lot of people think all we need to do is sack Rodgers and then it's back to winning ways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Great Guardian piece on Klopp

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/may/21/jurgen-klopp-borussia-dortmund-champions-league
    "It's OK that they want to go to different places. But they get there and, ****, it's not the same. Look, you work for the Guardian, and sometimes you see your colleagues and think: 'Oh no, the same old thing every day.' Maybe you want to go to the Sun? More money, less work. More photographs, [fewer] words."
    He'd be great here. A risk for sure, but he'd wake up the place, and Anfield is in need of a waking up.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement