Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Firmino has a cracked bone in his back? Jesus.

Well that's god damn worrying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Augme wrote: »
    I'm not a Rodgers fan by any means but some of the names I have seen mentioned would make me pine for Rodgers. The likes of Gary Monk wouldn't go as far as having me pine for Rodgers but I honestly don't know if I'd sack Rodgers for Monk if it was up to me. The problem is a lot of people think all we need to do is sack Rodgers and then it's back to winning ways.

Yeah but stick with Rodgers and we won't be winning anything!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Knex. wrote: »
    Well that's god damn worrying.

We seem to have an abnormally high amount of injuries to our players compared to other teams....

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I saw reports that Lovren will be out for 2-3 months as well with ligament damage which isn't a surprise given how much in pain he looked on Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Vicxas wrote: »
    We seem to have an abnormally high amount of injuries to our players compared to other teams....

we have 6. Newcastle are 'top' with 12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

5starpool wrote: »
    I saw reports that Lovren will be out for 2-3 months as well with ligament damage which isn't a surprise given how much in pain he looked on Wednesday.

2-3 months is good news considering how bad it looked. Was thinking he'd be out for the season with that, looked brutal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭Augme

kfallon wrote: »
    Yeah but stick with Rodgers and we won't be winning anything!

And if we sack we could end up finishing worse. If FSG have contact Ancelloti and Klopp and both have said no then I'm not sure sacking him right now is a good idea.

Who else is there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Augme wrote: »
    And if we sack we could end up finishing worse. If FSG have contact Ancelloti and Klopp and both have said no then I'm not sure sacking him right now is a good idea.

Who else is there?

There are literally hundreds of out of work managers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭Augme

There are literally hundreds of out of work managers.

If the plan if to just replace him with any old random manager then that's a pretty terrible plan.

• Advertisement

Vicxas wrote: »

Between Liverpool and the NY Giants, I'm absolutely fed up of injuries :mad::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

5starpool wrote: »

He was having a good toot off the Oxygen on the stretcher whilst coming off too.
    If there is a positive (feel bad typing this) its that Sakho gets the chance to prove his worth with an extended run in the team as a first choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

There is absolutely no way that Gary Monk will be in the frame IF Rodgers goes.

That presser was hard to watch. He almost seems to have lost confidence in himself. Its sad.

I like Brendan and would love if he turned this around. The thing is though if the owners are even tempted to change manager then I wish they would do it now instead of dragging it out. Its like being in a relationship and you know she wants to break up with you but she doesnt. Instead she is waiting and waiting because she isnt sure. You just wish she would do it if she is not fully into it. Either back him or sack him. I dont think they should say publically that they are fully behind him, but I think they should tell him (he wouldnt seem as down if they actually did tell him).

Ferguson:
    finished 10th and lost 10 games (was only in charge for half the season) in his 1st season
    finished 2nd and lost 5 games in his 2nd season
    finished 10th and lost 15 games in his 3rd season
    finished 15th and lost 15 games in his 4th season

Im not entirely sure those figures are 100% accurate as I am not in anyway going to start looking this sh1t up. My point is that it does look glum right now as it did for Fergie. Rodgers had a great 2nd season like Fergie. It fell away like Fergie.

Im not saying that Rodgers will have a similar turn in luck or trying to compare him, but maybe just maybe there is a chance he can turn this around and be a very successful manager for us. Maybe never win the title but maybe he can give us another almost season. Maybe he can eventually give us a few cups or league runs.

Is it realistic to accept nothing other than winning the league??? City and Chelsea are miles ahead of us right now. It would take a couple of years to reach their level. Arsenal are maybe a little closer than them and United are close to us but still ahead.

We are a top 4 competing side and thats all we are right now. Saying we spent 300 million is boll8x when the teams we are trying to compete with spend the same or more.

Sad days are far from over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

how long is bentekers out for ?

Look forward to seeing sturridge and ings up top on saturday

She wrote a book for children. It's like Harry Potter – but it's about football.

There's no Harry Potter flying on his fucking stick – just football

He'd be a walking saint in Liverpool in no time, I'd wager. Be damn lucky to get him if we ever do.

From an old Guardian article with Klopp before the Dortmund CL final.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/may/21/jurgen-klopp-borussia-dortmund-champions-league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Knex. wrote: »
    He'd be a walking saint in Liverpool in no time, I'd wager. Be damn lucky to get him if we ever do.

From an old Guardian article with Klopp before the Dortmund CL final.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/may/21/jurgen-klopp-borussia-dortmund-champions-league

I see someone is on the Reddit LFC page as well ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

ricero wrote: »
    how long is bentekers out for ?

Look forward to seeing sturridge and ings up top on saturday

2-3 weeks I think I heard floating around.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Rafa's Record at LFC
    FA Cup: 2005–06
    FA Community Shield: 2006
    UEFA Champions League: 2004–05
    UEFA Super Cup: 2005

Brendan's Record at LFC

tumbleweed.jpg

Don't think anyone will be pining for a manager who has won fcuk all.

If a new man comes in and doesn't hit the ground running, will you also write him off after 6 games??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

What a game for Brendan Rodgers - not just the team this weekend. His career is literally on the line here. The pressure must be incredible ... he so badly needs a result and hopefully a performance. I didn't think he could pull it out of the bag this time last season and am disapointed we are in the same situation where we are begging for results.

Be careful what you wish for, the media seem to be out to get Brendan now, not as an agenda, but as they usually are when they begin to circle a carcass. That is a bad warning sign for any manager. It almost seems inevitable.

Of course, take away Klopp and Ancelotti ... are we will look like complete mugs if we do not replace him with someone of decent stature.

brevity wrote: »
    I see someone is on the Reddit LFC page as well ;)

Might go over there and simple post, "Fuck off, brevity."

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Mr.H wrote: »
    We are a top 4 competing side and thats all we are right now.

The problem is that we are not a top 4 competing side , we are a long way of the pace for that. Yet our spending should have us there.
    Nobody is calling for his head because we are not winning leagues or cups , we are not even competing for them , we will again this season be out of contention for the league by end of November.
    We are again playing awful turgid football.

This is why you see the majority of Liverpool fans have had enough , not some sense of entitlement or unrealistic expectation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

If a new man comes in and doesn't hit the ground running, will you also write him off after 6 games??

I don't remember anyone wanting Rodgers out after 6 games in 2012?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Im not saying that Rodgers will have a similar turn in luck or trying to compare him, but maybe just maybe there is a chance he can turn this around and be a very successful manager for us. Maybe never win the title but maybe he can give us another almost season. Maybe he can eventually give us a few cups or league runs.

Is it realistic to accept nothing other than winning the league??? City and Chelsea are miles ahead of us right now. It would take a couple of years to reach their level. Arsenal are maybe a little closer than them and United are close to us but still ahead.

We are a top 4 competing side and thats all we are right now. Saying we spent 300 million is boll8x when the teams we are trying to compete with spend the same or more.

Sad days are far from over

People don't want Rodgers out because we haven't won the league, its because we don't look like progressing under him. It seems you would prefer to keep Rodgers under the hope he could turn it around but are ignoring the fact that it's detrimental to the future of the club.

Saying "this is our level now" is defeatist. No one expects the league every season, we do expect to be challenging - especially in Europe. Accepting the odd cup run is ****ing depressing and despite what others have said is not realistic.

The whole club is stuck in a malaise and a lot of it has to do with ****e that we have to watch week in week out. We are stagnating - that's not all Rodgers fault - but we need an experienced manager to get us out of this mess and for FSG to support him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Lets be honest lads we all want to be like jurgen klopp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Nobody is writing Rodgers off after 6 games and you know it. Its his 4th season. He has 4 wins in his last 18 games. He has managed a Liverpool team that has lost 6-1 to Stoke, 3-0 at home to West Ham, failed to show up for a cup semi, hasn't scored more than one goal in a game since March and has played well for about 45 minutes this season.

Out of curiosity, I know you don't like answering questions yourself, but what would be your 'breaking point'? Lose the next 3, next 10? When do you personally say enough is enough?

Wha??? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

He was probably referencing Tipsy's Firminho revelation to be fair, although player and manager are two different things.

fyfe79 wrote: »
    I don't remember anyone wanting Rodgers out after 6 games in 2012?

I remember Tipsy writing off Firmino the other day after 6 games.

I'm sure the Rodgers fans at this point last season (when we were also crap) were saying "but look at last season, he almost won us the league". And that's fair enough. But if you used that reasoning last season, then you need to do the same now and saying "look at last season, we were crap" doesn't really suit the narrative. So last season is forgotten about and the "only 6 games" argument is what we're hearing.

Rodgers apologists can't have it both ways. What's happening this season is more relevant than last season, which in turn was more relevant than the season before etc.

Ah fair enough, didn't realise. I'm not writing off Ferminho either!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Any plans for the weekend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

So?
    Firminio has only played about 6 games, Rodgers has had 3 years and 6 games.

So?
    Firminio has only played about 6 games, Rodgers has had 3 years and 6 games.

I don't get your point. I didn't mention Rodgers.

I asked would he write off a new manager after just 6 games too.

Any plans for the weekend?

Might pop to Oktoberfest tonight and then out for the day tomorrow! How about yourself?

I don't get your point. I didn't mention Rodgers.

I asked would he write off a new manager after just 6 games too.

You said in relation to a post about Rodgers winning nothing

Who were you claiming is being written off after 6 games, if not Rodgers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Benimar wrote: »
    Nobody is writing Rodgers off after 6 games and you know it. Its his 4th season. He has 4 wins in his last 18 games. He has managed a Liverpool team that has lost 6-1 to Stoke, 3-0 at home to West Ham, failed to show up for a cup semi, hasn't scored more than one goal in a game since March and has played well for about 45 minutes this season.

Out of curiosity, I know you don't like answering questions yourself, but what would be your 'breaking point'? Lose the next 3, next 10? When do you personally say enough is enough?

This stat is being bandied about the whole time (not just on this site), didn't we beat Newcastle 2 nil in April (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32193540)
    and QPR 2-1 in May (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32460281)

I'm not saying it's acceptable, far from it but it's amazing the way somebody says something in a post and all of a sudden it's gospel.

You said in relation to a post about Rodgers winning nothing

Who were you claiming is being written off after 6 games, if not Rodgers?

Are you ignoring what I'm posting?

Firmino was written off the other day after 6 games.

I don't know how I can make that any clearer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

What's that got to do with a new manager?

Sorry, I see what you are saying now, and who ever made that point the other day about writing a player off after 6 games was wrong, in my opinion.

monkey9 wrote: »
    What's that got to do with a new manager?

Feel free to read my posts. I won't be explaining it anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Feel free to read my posts. I won't be explaining it anymore.

I seriously doubt he's going to write off a new manager after six just because he did so with Firmino (however silly the Firmino write off was)

That swing missed by a good bit.

brevity wrote: »
    People don't want Rodgers out because we haven't won the league, its because we don't look like progressing under him. It seems you would prefer to keep Rodgers under the hope he could turn it around but are ignoring the fact that it's detrimental to the future of the club.

Saying "this is our level now" is defeatist. No one expects the league every season, we do expect to be challenging - especially in Europe. Accepting the odd cup run is ****ing depressing and despite what others have said is not realistic.

The whole club is stuck in a malaise and a lot of it has to do with ****e that we have to watch week in week out. We are stagnating - that's not all Rodgers fault - but we need an experienced manager to get us out of this mess and for FSG to support him.

United didnt look like progressing either at the time. As you can see by the league finishes they seemed to be going backwards.

I am not ignoring that we are "stagnating" in the. I am realising that off teh pitch we are improving. Our under-age sides are improving, our youths are coming through again, we did look like we had a "style of play" (which seems abandoned but no reason it cant come back).

Saying "this is our level" is not at all defeatist................. Its is reality. Only with realising that reality can we work to improve our "level".

I keep reading that we spent 300 million so we should be competing. But teams that are competing are spending the same and were already way ahead of us. So that means we shouldnt be competing, we should still be miles behind and we are................

It is important to realise our level so we give ANY manager the benefit of the doubt.

If Klopp or Ancheloti cam in we wouldn't be competing for the title either.............................. You know that right? or would you be the first on here to whinge that we are stagnating and need a manager that can compete.

Hell Jose or Pep couldnt do anything with us right now.

We all want the title but we have steps before that can be anywhere near "our level":
    • We need to become an established top 4 side
    • That allows us to sign top class talent (we cant afford to over pay mercenaries and gamble the clubs future that it will work)
    • Then we can compete

Right now we are fighting for 4th regardless of Klopp, Carl or Brendan

Thats all I am saying.

By the way I have said already that if change is going to happen I want it now and not later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

We're not fighting for fourth under Rodgers, our form is closer to a relegation fight than a Champions League spot.

kfallon wrote: »
    Might pop to Oktoberfest tonight and then out for the day tomorrow! How about yourself?

Get in early or be prepared to queue, or skip a queue.

I dunno yet, few dead arms.

http://hasbrendanrodgersbeensackedyet.blogspot.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Give Rodgers a chance because Fergie got 5 seasons in the late 80's without winning anything.:eek:

We are are not fighting for top 4 with Rodgers we are fighting for 5th to 7th right now.

• Advertisement

I think the thing that really p1sses me off is the fact that only in the anti-Rodgers camp do we see statements such as "if <insert narrative> happens then I am done with Liverpool"

I mean ffs get on board or f8ck off. The choice is not ours whether Rodgers stays or not. Its not even our choice who plays or not. Either support the team or take your ball and p1ss off ;) Maybe the league of Ireland games would welcome your "loyalty"

United didnt look like progressing either at the time. As you can see by the league finishes they seemed to be going backwards.

I am not ignoring that we are "stagnating" in the. I am realising that off teh pitch we are improving. Our under-age sides are improving, our youths are coming through again, we did look like we had a "style of play" (which seems abandoned but no reason it cant come back).

Saying "this is our level" is not at all defeatist................. Its is reality. Only with realising that reality can we work to improve our "level".

I keep reading that we spent 300 million so we should be competing. But teams that are competing are spending the same and were already way ahead of us. So that means we shouldnt be competing, we should still be miles behind and we are................

It is important to realise our level so we give ANY manager the benefit of the doubt.

If Klopp or Ancheloti cam in we wouldn't be competing for the title either.............................. You know that right? or would you be the first on here to whinge that we are stagnating and need a manager that can compete.

Hell Jose or Pep couldnt do anything with us right now.

We all want the title but we have steps before that can be anywhere near "our level":
    • We need to become an established top 4 side
    • That allows us to sign top class talent (we cant afford to over pay mercenaries and gamble the clubs future that it will work)
    • Then we can compete

Right now we are fighting for 4th regardless of Klopp, Carl or Brendan

Thats all I am saying.

By the way I have said already that if change is going to happen I want it now and not later

Went 7th to 2nd in 2013.
    Buy back Suarez
    Win league.
    Repeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Maybe the league of Ireland games would welcome your "loyalty"

Classless pop at the LOI, for absolutely no reason, well done.

We're not fighting for fourth under Rodgers, our form is closer to a relegation fight than a Champions League spot.
    Give Rodgers a chance because Fergie got 5 seasons in the late 80's without winning anything.:eek:

We are are not fighting for top 4 with Rodgers we are fighting for 5th to 7th right now.

Sh1t Im late for work............................. oh wait its not June!!

Thats right we are only 6 games into the season and we are out of the race for 4th????

Suppose you think Chelsea are too yea??

We are 4 points off 4th place ffs. The top 4 consists of West Ham, Leicester, a weak United side and City. That is not going top be the top 4 in May.

Arsenal are 2 points and 2 goals better off than us right now and they are 5th

By the way Stoke are 18th (relegation) they are 5 points behind us. Meaning we are closer to champions league fight than relegation so stop making stuff up

I think the thing that really p1sses me off is the fact that only in the anti-Rodgers camp do we see statements such as "if <insert narrative> happens then I am done with Liverpool"

Ouch. Yesterday.
    If we do that I'm done with Liverpool.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement