Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Classless pop at the LOI, for absolutely no reason, well done.

Not a pop at LOI I like LOI. I mean that LOI would appreciate their money regardless of "loyalty"

Grayditch wrote: »
    Ouch. Yesterday.

Exactly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I'd probably watch GAA over LOI, and I really don't like GAA.

There, I said it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Mr.H wrote: »
    I think the thing that really p1sses me off is the fact that only in the anti-Rodgers camp do we see statements such as "if <insert narrative> happens then I am done with Liverpool"

I mean ffs get on board or f8ck off. The choice is not ours whether Rodgers stays or not. Its not even our choice who plays or not. Either support the team or take your ball and p1ss off ;) Maybe the league of Ireland games would welcome your "loyalty"

If we hire some 'up and comer' like Monk rather than a proven winner then I will finally switch support after 28 years.

That approach reminds me of my betting patterns, where I bet on mid to long promising looking shots probably so that if they are successful I have an extra smug level of 'ha, aren't I clever'.

Go and get the best ****ing winner of a manager we can. Whether that is Carlo, Klopp or other.

It's not the make a wish LFC foundation or 'deserves his chance' (Roy) or is a top lad (Evans, Kenny), at least it shouldn't be.

Knex. wrote: »
    I'd probably watch GAA over LOI, and I really don't like GAA.

There, I said it.

Huring is claaas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

If we hire some 'up and comer' like Monk rather than a proven winner then I will finally switch support after 28 years.

What, really?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Sh1t Im late for work............................. oh wait its not June!!

Thats right we are only 6 games into the season and we are out of the race for 4th????

You honestly see no corelation with last season's ragged mess? You don't think it's fair to see this season's form as a direct continuation of where the manager failed last season? And then you really think it's OK to compare Chelsea's poor start to Liverpool's? Mourinho has proved he's a top manager, he's won things with Chelsea and taken over a long view, their poor start to the season is a blip. Taken over a long view, Liverpool's poor start is increasingly looking like all Rodgers is capable of delivering.

Huring is claaas.

I don't really enjoy watching it all that much, being honest.

I like the more analytical, tactical side of Sport, which is why GAA does't engage me as much.

I suppose also with watching the PL and NFL, and general life happenings, I don't have much time for other sports anymore, so its easy for them to take a back seat and me not to get attached to them.

To be fair, that applies to me not watching LOI too. I did go to a fair few games back between the ages of 12-16.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Thats right we are only 6 games into the season and we are out of the race for 4th????

Suppose you think Chelsea are too yea??

We are 4 points off 4th place ffs. The top 4 consists of West Ham, Leicester, a weak United side and City. That is not going top be the top 4 in May.

Arsenal are 2 points and 2 goals better off than us right now and they are 5th

By the way Stoke are 18th (relegation) they are 5 points behind us. Meaning we are closer to champions league fight than relegation so stop making stuff up

How difficult is it to grasp the idea that the Rodgers out crowd aren't basing their opinions on the six games this season but much rather the last 14 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

LOI is obviously not a great standard. But it is actually a very entaining league with lots of great goals. Dundalk atm are a very good side too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Hate to go all Doughboy, but can we cut out the LOI talk, the threads depressing enough as it is.

That approach reminds me of my betting patterns, where I bet on mid to long promising looking shots probably so that if they are successful I have an extra smug level of 'ha, aren't I clever'.

Go and get the best ****ing winner of a manager we can. Whether that is Carlo, Klopp or other.

It's not the make a wish LFC foundation or 'deserves his chance' (Roy) or is a top lad (Evans, Kenny), at least it shouldn't be.

But how can you say that?

I could never for the life of me no matter how p1ssed at the club or Hodgson (at the time), see myself walking into a sports store, buying the jersey of another team and then wearing it while cheering them on.

I mean ffs have a bit of dignity.

We win together we lose together.

magma69 wrote: »
    How difficult is it to grasp the idea that the Rodgers out crowd aren't basing their opinions on the six games this season but much rather the last 14 months.
    You honestly see no corelation with last season's ragged mess? You don't think it's fair to see this season's form as a direct continuation of where the manager failed last season? And then you really think it's OK to compare Chelsea's poor start to Liverpool's? Mourinho has proved he's a top manager, he's won things with Chelsea and taken over a long view, their poor start to the season is a blip. Taken over a long view, Liverpool's poor start is increasingly looking like all Rodgers is capable of delivering.

See statements like this are why people keep bringing up "the good year"

So stop making open ended statements like that

And yes I am comparing Chelseas poor start to ours because its comparable................

I get that last year has a lot to do with the unrest among fans. Listen I agree that I am frustrated too. I am just saying that b1tching about him on here and saying you will switch clubs is the reason people will never agree with your side.

Last year Liverpool had horrible luck. Be it Rodgers (which you will blame) or the fact that we thought we would be ok with Sturridge and we got egg on our faces.

Sturridge was 2nd top scorer in the league the season before and there was no reason to think he couldnt have done it again. Injuries are a myth that I have busted here time and time again. He isnt injury prone at all!! Bar one sh1t season.

So last year was a write off. He was given a chance and now 6 games in you want him gone. That is not a chance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Suppose you think Chelsea are too yea??

We are 4 points off 4th place ffs. The top 4 consists of West Ham, Leicester, a weak United side and City. That is not going top be the top 4 in May.

Arsenal are 2 points and 2 goals better off than us right now and they are 5th

By the way Stoke are 18th (relegation) they are 5 points behind us. Meaning we are closer to champions league fight than relegation so stop making stuff up

This is the problem , you cannot see yet that we are not at the pace for a Champions League space. Unfortunately very soon even as optimistic a supporter as you will see this.

To help you get there a few exercises you can do
    examine our PPG
    Whether you use 6 games 16 games or 38 games it is well of where required .

Watch the games
    You cannot be looking at the performances , which are clearly not at the level of a top 4 team.
    What is our strategy
    What is our plan A , our preferred method of playing football ? What will be our best team and best formation , I have no idea after 4 years what Brendan is trying to do , I no longer think he does .

you conveniently write off teams significantly out performing us on form as not going to be in contention for top 4 come May , yet we will , based on what ?

You accuse fans of not understanding our level , I am sorry it is you who does not understand our level , you keep saying we are a top 4 challenging team despite all the evidence .

Those of us who can see this and look at the investment know we have the ability as a club to fund a top 4 challenging team and so far FSG have funded that team , at the moment it is the Manager holding us back from achieving this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Never has that statement been more untrue than it is right now. We don't lose together, the self entitled merely jump on the managers back and cry and whinge like little children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Stevie G is a class act ain't he? Rodgers' overconfidence must have been so bad that it spilled out onto the pitch and caused him to fall on his arse.

Another thing

If the Anti Brendan Rodgers camp say we shouldnt talk about the great season because there were "other reasons" for our great year

Then

Why cant they see that there were "other reasons" for our really poor season last year??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

If a new man comes in and doesn't hit the ground running, will you also write him off after 6 games??

Good Lord, have you Alzheimer's?? Rodgers has had 3 seasons and 6 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

We finished second, we won nothing, there was no 'great season'.

Ah, it was pretty great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Never has that statement been more untrue than it is right now. We don't lose together, the self entitled merely jump on the managers back and cry and whinge like little children.

So at this stage, you're basically saying that 90%+ are self-entitled.

In am sorry I have been ignoring you since you came back but this has to stop.
    Pointing out that you think the the manager is not doing a good enough job and basing that on facts - Performances and results has nothing to do with self entitlement .
    The fans are pretty much altogether on this issue , it is you who is the outlier rallying against the majority of the fan base.

If we want to talk about childish posts examine your 200 or so pretty much identical posts this week.

reminds me of a child throwing a tantrum when they dont get there way .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Augeo wrote: »
    What about the last 19 games, the last 20 games etc.

what's the 18 game significance?

It means we obviously won our game that was 19 games ago. That's what that type of statement always means. People go back as far as it suits there argument and stop the sample there. 5 wins in 19 doesn't sound as bad as 4 wins in 18 etc.

mormank wrote: »
    It means we obviously won our game that was 19 games ago. That's what that type of statement always means. People go back as far as it suits there argument and stop the sample there. 5 wins in 19 doesn't sound as bad as 4 wins in 18 etc.

5 in 19 still pretty Sh1t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

It still sounds pretty fùcking bad.

People go back as far as it suits there argument and stop the sample there.

Yeah and it's been sorta happening the other way around too, with the "we're only 6 games in crowd". Swings and roundabouts.

This is the problem , you cannot see yet that we are not at the pace for a Champions League space. Unfortunately very soon even as optimistic a supporter as you will see this.

To help you get there a few exercises you can do
    examine our PPG
    Whether you use 6 games 16 games or 38 games it is well of where required .

Watch the games
    You cannot be looking at the performances , which are clearly not at the level of a top 4 team.
    What is our strategy
    What is our plan A , our preferred method of playing football ? What will be our best team and best formation , I have no idea after 4 years what Brendan is trying to do , I no longer think he does .

you conveniently write off teams significantly out performing us on form as not going to be in contention for top 4 come May , yet we will , based on what ?

You accuse fans of not understanding our level , I am sorry it is you who does not understand our level , you keep saying we are a top 4 challenging team despite all the evidence .

Those of us who can see this and look at the investment know we have the ability as a club to fund a top 4 challenging team and so far FSG have funded that team , at the moment it is the Manager holding us back from achieving this.

In the last 5 years I can think of maybe 3 Liverpool games that I have not seen. In a world where Internet TV has everything we have the ability to see every game. Ironically this weekend I will miss my 4th in 5 years as I will be celebrating my Brother in laws 40th in the middle of blackout county where only legends of wifi exist.

So what I am saying is I am not just somebody who check the scores, watches the occasional game and puts on my cheap YNMA tshirt after every victory. I do watch the games. I do study the games. I see how we play. I hurt when we dont play well and I have come to terms with the fact I will one day die young because of Liverpool stressing the absolute sh1te out of me.

We had a style under Brendan. I am talking even before "the good year". We started fast and played a high pressure game. We closed down from the front and tried to get as many shots as possible in a game. The idea was the more shots we have the better chance of scoring (didnt always work). Suarez had a conversion rate of about 11% the first year under Rodgers.

Lately we have lost all our pace up front. We tried to bring in Ben to give an extra dimension to our game but by doing that we have forgotten the quick high pressure game we use to play.

We have lost our way I have said that. But we can get back there and we can under Rodgers. Things seem gloom right now and so they should. We are awful to watch. But hopefully under Rodgers we will get back there soon.

We may not be in top 4 form but either are chelsea. We may be looking poor but last year we looked worse and still went almost 20 games without losing....................... so I do have confidence that things can get better. I do believe that Danny will get his scoring form back and I do think that we can get a top 4

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Treading water just means you are not drowning, it's not actually going anywhere.

I'll ask you to read my earlier posts on this.

Not just Liverpool fans. The sky sports generation as a whole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I'll ask you to read my earlier posts on this.

I did, it's still a ridiculous analogy.

5 in 19 still pretty Sh1t
    It still sounds pretty fùcking bad.
    Grayditch wrote: »
    Yeah and it's been sorta happening the other way around too, with the "we're only 6 games in crowd". Swings and roundabouts.

Ok, ok ye are right. It is still **** but not as bad as 4 in 18. Anyway ye know what my point is. Whenever you hear a stat like that you can be sure as hell that the game just before the quoted number of games was a win. Why the hell else would they not include that game in their list of games not won?

• Site Banned Posts: 143 ✭✭Fellaindinho

Not just Liverpool fans. The sky sports generation as a whole.

And the pre sky sports generation are condescending.

First season he built on Kennys season and we played good attacking football while fixing the teams flaws

Second season we had a great title challenge

Third season we decided to (were forced) sell our best player, lost our second best player to injury and had problems all over the pitch with our defence, Gerrard about to leave and probably most notibally Sterling.

Tell me how Klopp did last year??? Yet you still want him

In am sorry I have been ignoring you since you came back but this has to stop.
    Pointing out that you think the the manager is not doing a good enough job and basing that on facts - Performances and results has nothing to do with self entitlement .
    The fans are pretty much altogether on this issue , it is you who is the outlier rallying against the majority of the fan base.

If we want to talk about childish posts examine your 200 or so pretty much identical posts this week.

reminds me of a child throwing a tantrum when they dont get there way .

Demanding that your team challenge for an unrealistic league title or a slightly less unrealistic top 4 position every year despite all the facts pointing out just how unlikely that either of those are? Crying and whinging when it doesn't happen.

It's like me complaining because I'm not riding Jennifer Lawrence every night.

And the pre sky sports generation are condescending.

And, evidently far more knowledgeable

90%+ of fans are not Anti Rodgers. Just the day trippers and the keyboard warriors

• Advertisement

And, evidently far more knowledgeable

Not in my experience.
    Just becuase they may have been watching it longer dosent mean they have a better understanding.
    I haven't read any of your posts, I just popped in and saw the one I replied to.

A majority of fans are self entitled and do believe they influence if a manger is sacked or not or if a player starts or to play a certain formation.
    The majority of thy majority will be the ones who read the tabloids and getting worked up about what the tabloids think of their football team they have no connection to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

I think I'll go argue with the flat earthers.

We won nothing, sure I'll give you that. However that 'great season' was great for me as it was the first genuine title challenge I experienced as a Liverpool fan given my age.
    Forget the other recent 'challenges' we have had like 08/09 when Macheda broke our hearts against Villa or 01/02 like some poster mentioned today. 13/14 when we finished second was the first season I actually thought we would win it. I had never let myself believe it any other year since I was a kid and believed in everything. It was in our own hands with 3 games left people!! We have not had a challenge like that in my memory.
    More fool me cos we threw it away but that was the first time I really let myself dream about being champions and what that might feel like. So to the seasoned fans on here that experienced the good times it might not have been great, but to me it certainly was.

brevity wrote: »
    I think I'll go argue with the flat earthers.

I find licking the windows is a far more rewarding debate.

90%+ of fans are not Anti Rodgers. Just the day trippers and the keyboard warriors

A HUGE tide has turned and you'd be blind to not see it. Not 90% surely, but the shift is considerable. It doesn't matter what side you're on, it's obvious. There's people I know still in the Rodgers camp saying they're sad to see such a huge turn. It has happened.

So if we had finished second and won the carling cup, would it have been a great season?

That season was the best league performances I can EVER remember from Liverpool. Just think back to the reception that greeted the team bus at every home game.

This is why your opinion will never be taken seriously

Demanding that your team challenge for an unrealistic league title or a slightly less unrealistic top 4 position every year despite all the facts pointing out just how unlikely that either of those are? Crying and whinging when it doesn't happen.

It's like me complaining because I'm not riding Jennifer Lawrence every night.

What is unrealistic about the Liverpool squad challenging for the top 4 ?

Is it the money invested ? No
    is it the size of the fan base ? No
    Is it how much money the club brings in ? No
    Is it the quality of players coming throgh the youths ? No

The answer unfourtunately is that we have not got the right manager to do that .

And please stop accusing everybody who disagrees with you of crying and whinging , pointing out that you are unhappy with the direction of the club and giving your opinion on how to solve it is not crying and whinging , your behaviour is closer to that.

What is unrealistic about the Liverpool squad chalenging for the top 4 ?

Is it the money invested ? No
    is it the size of the fan base ? No
    Is it how much money the club brings in ? No
    Is it the quality of players coming throgh the youths ? No

The answer unfourtunately is that we have not got the right manager to do that .

And please stop accusing everybody who disagrees with you of crying and whinging , pointing out that you are unhappy with the direction of the club and giving your opinion on how to solve it is not crying and whinging , your behaviour is closer to that.

I'll ask you like I've asked everyone else. Who, in your opinion, should we displace regularly in the top 4?

• Advertisement

But how can you say that?

I could never for the life of me no matter how p1ssed at the club or Hodgson (at the time), see myself walking into a sports store, buying the jersey of another team and then wearing it while cheering them on.

I mean ffs have a bit of dignity.

Sometimes you have to draw a line in the sand dude.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement