Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Mr.H wrote: »
    90%+ of fans are not Anti Rodgers. Just the day trippers and the keyboard warriors

What % of the club do you think are Day trippers and Keyboard warriors ?

And as an aside what stand is your season ticket in ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

The second season of course was great but the rest has been ****e and that's why he should be sacked. Enough is enough.

Also, dismissing Klopp because he finished 7th last year makes absolutely no sense. He is a vastly superior manager to Rodgers and we'd be lucky to get him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Demanding that your team challenge for an unrealistic league title or a slightly less unrealistic top 4 position every year despite all the facts pointing out just how unlikely that either of those are? Crying and whinging when it doesn't happen.

It's like me complaining because I'm not riding Jennifer Lawrence every night.

We get you. You think are liverpool are **** and their fans are deluded. Can you please stop going on about it now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

niallo27 wrote: »
    We get you. You think are liverpool are **** and their fans are deluded. Can you please stop going on about it now.

If you don't like my posts, don't read them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

You know, if anything I am tired of hearing about how great a club Liverpool are and that we should be challenging for everything all the time and how second is not even acceptable from the older generation. Ye had great times as pool fans, we get it! The new reality is we are not the main force in England anymore, we are even second and no amount of banging on about the old times is gonna change that. It reminds me of arguing with my grand father about something when every second sentence is "In my day this" or "In my day that". It's not your f***ing day anymore, things have changed! We as a fanbase need to be more realistic. I'm not arguing for Rodger's here by the way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

First season he built on Kennys season and we played good attacking football while fixing the teams flaws

Second season we had a great title challenge

Third season we decided to (were forced) sell our best player, lost our second best player to injury and had problems all over the pitch with our defence, Gerrard about to leave and probably most notibally Sterling.

Tell me how Klopp did last year??? Yet you still want him

Klopp had one bad season out of how many title winning/challenging seasons while doing well in Europe?? Rodgers has had one decent season out of how many, while bombing out of Europe.

How much did Klopp spend in his 6/7 years at Dortmund, I bet it's not as much as Rodgers has in 3 and a bit seasons at Pool.

mormank wrote: »
    You know, if anything I am tired of hearing about how great a club Liverpool are and that we should be challenging for everything all the time and how second is not even acceptable from the older generation. Ye had great times as pool fans, we get it! The new reality is we are not the main force in England anymore, we are even second and no amount of banging on about the old times is gonna change that. It reminds me of arguing with my grand father about something when every second sentence is "In my day this" or "In my day that". It's not your f***ing day anymore, things have changed! We as a fanbase need to be more realistic. I'm not arguing for Rodger's here by the way.

Fantastic post!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Grayditch wrote: »
    A HUGE tide has turned and you'd be blind to not see it. Not 90% surely, but the shift is considerable. It doesn't matter what side you're on, it's obvious. There's people I know still in the Rodgers camp saying they're sad to see such a huge turn. It has happened.

Of course, I concede that the tide has swayed into the anti-rodgers side. I am Pro Rodgers and even I am saying that his days (or hours) are numbered. I cant see him changing things this late on.

But I hope he can because I dont want to start a new "project" from year 1 again. Because we will have another couple of "getting things ready" years before any new manager does anything of note.

The thing people loved about Rafa and Rodgers is that they had a quick impact and had us challenging for something in a quick time frame.

Rafa winning the Champions league in his first season. Rodgers coming close to winning the league in his season season.

Its unprecedented. Its not suppose to happen like that.

Fergie left a title winning United and Moyes finished outside the EL spots with that same title winning squad plus a couple of others. LVG took that same title winning side and added mercenaries and just about got back the top 4 (but talked all that pre season about a title challenge comparable to Liverpool not being in europe when they challenged). LVG may put a title challenge together but I dont think anyone really expects it this year. If he does it will be great work mind.

Point is that when a new manager comes in there is bound to be a "bedding in period". A year for the manager to get to know the club and players. By year 2 the team is starting to be fully his as it is now the second summer of "his" signings. The third year should be his full team/vision. That means it could take another 3 years before anything happens if Rodgers is replaced.

Klopp (who did a Hodgson with Dortmund last year) will not automatically get us a top 4. Carlo will not be a guarantee.

What we know is Brendan has gotten THIS team on an almost 20 game without losing run last season (in his worst season here) and CAN do it again

I'll ask you like I've asked everyone else. Who, in your opinion, should we displace regularly in the top 4?

I have said on here often I think achieving top 4 is not always an achievable goal and I would not like to see a Manager sacked just for not achieving it.
    There are several factors outside of our control , namely how much the 4 of Man U Man C Chelsea and Arsenal spend and how well they sort out their managment.

What we can control though is our own performances and how we do against the 15 clubs we have significantly more resources than .
    Last year for example top 4 was well within reach as Man U fell over the line. If the team is playing attractive football , winning the games we should win and making those top 4 work for the Top 4 then I will never give out about a manager.
    That with Brendan is not the case last year we finished behind Spurs on 62 points , that was under achieving.
    The football was rank and awful to watch .
    The team showed no fight in the last 12 games and suffered one of our worst results in the history of the club to the absolutely ordinary Stoke.

Did you not see that ?

Why shouldn't we compete in trophies? We generate plenty of money, the profile of the club is one of the biggest in the world, no one is expecting 80's levels of success here perhaps something akin to when Rafa or Houlier was in charge - is that too much to ask?

I dont know why sort of attitude has crept in the the thread - hopefully it will go soon once we get a better manager.

• Advertisement

Klopp had one bad season out of how many title winning/challenging seasons while doing well in Europe?? Rodgers has had one decent season out of how many, while bombing out of Europe.

How much did Klopp spend in his 6/7 years at Dortmund, I bet it's not as much as Rodgers has in 3 and a bit seasons at Pool.

Oh you almost got there ALMOST

Brendan has had 1 bad season. Just one out of three

Of course, I concede that the tide has swayed into the anti-rodgers side.

Of course you have , you just think the Majority of fans are not "real" fans
    90%+ of fans are not Anti Rodgers. Just the day trippers and the keyboard warriors

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Last 38 EPL games under Rodgers = 62 points ppg = 1.6
    Last 19 EPL games under Rodgers = 28 points ppg = 1.47
    Last 10 EPL games under Rodgers = 12 points ppg = 1.2

The only reason to keep BR if we actually want top 4 is hope.
    He'll get us 7th/6th handy enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Klopp has now done a Hodgson with Dortmund :eek:

I have said on here often I think achieving top 4 is not always an achievable goal and I would not like to see a Manager sacked just for not achieving it.
    There are several factors outside of our control , namely how much the 4 of Man U Man C Chelsea and Arsenal spend and how well they sort out their managment.

What we can control though is our own performances and how we do against the 15 clubs we have significantly more resources than .
    Last year for example top 4 was well within reach as Man U fell over the line. If the team is playing attractive football , winning the games we should win and making those top 4 work for the Top 4 then I will never give out about a manager.
    That with Brendan is not the case last year we finished behind Spurs on 62 points , that was under achieving.
    The football was rank and awful to watch .
    The team showed no fight in the last 12 games and suffered one of our worst results in the history of the club to the absolutely ordinary Stoke.

That's perfectly fine and I believe most of what you said and probably feel the same with most of it.

My issue however is with the fans who would throw their toys out of the pram if we finished 5th and were beaten to the top 4 by much better teams.

Oh you almost got there ALMOST

Brendan has had 1 bad season. Just one out of three

1 bad season? How many cups has he won? How many times has he gotten top 4?

Zero cups and 1 top 4 in his entire career. Making that 1 good season.

What % of the club do you think are Day trippers and Keyboard warriors ?

And as an aside what stand is your season ticket in ?

I am not claiming to be a season ticket holder (wish I could afford one). All I am saying is that these days we have a lot of "sky" fans who want instant success and dont realise that it isnt that simple

brevity wrote: »
    Why shouldn't we compete in trophies? We generate plenty of money, the profile of the club is one of the biggest in the world, no one is expecting 80's levels of success here perhaps something akin to when Rafa or Houlier was in charge - is that too much to ask?

I dont know why sort of attitude has crept in the the thread - hopefully it will go soon once we get a better manager.

That's just living in the past.
    Everything he said is true

I am not claiming to be a season ticket holder (wish I could afford one). All I am saying is that these days we have a lot of "sky" fans who want instant success and dont realise that it isnt that simple

Who are these fans that want instant success?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

You live in L4 I take it?

• Advertisement

No we don't , at least no more than any other club and from my dealings alot less than the other so called Big clubs.
    You are confusing our perception of where we really are now with wanting instant success . We want good football , to go down fighting when we go down and to enjoy the odd matchday not sit here wondering how bad it will be .

That's just living in the past.
    Everything he said is true

So expecting to beat a terrible Villa team and compete for an FA Cup is living in the past? Expecting not to need extra time to beat Bolton, Boro and Carlisle is living in the past??

Ugh. Ok so all you want is to be the number 1 ranked team in Europe like when Rafa was in charge? Or perhaps to win a treble like when Houllier was in charge? That's all? You see this is exactly what I'm talking about. When Houllier was in charge there was no Chelsea or City as we know them today. This is the key point that most people seem to be forgetting or just choosing to ingnore. 2 of the 4 Champion's league spots have been bought up essentially by those two. Arsenal have qualified every season for 20 years or so and Utd are actually superior to us in almost every parameter you would care to pick. If anything 5th is the very best we should expect but people still say top 4 or the manager is a failure. If we did get top 4 all the other big 4 have the resources to blow us out of the water the following season anyway as we have seen with UTD this summer and last summer when they realised they might lose their seat on the gravy train. Football at the highest level these days is a very cynical sport.

1 bad season? How many cups has he won? How many times has he gotten top 4?

Zero cups and 1 top 4 in his entire career. Making that 1 good season.

Listen I am not going to talk down to you because you are entitled to your opinion.

But you really have this "everyone else is wrong" attitude

Ok Brendan won nothing at all before he came to Liverpool and never got a CL spot before Liverpool. There you go.

Tell me this what id Klopp Win before he went to Dortmund? How many times did he get a CL spot??

Brendan was a success at Swansea taking them into the premier league and keeping them there. He then took over from Kenny and bettered Kennys league results.

He had one bad season at Liverpool. He improved on Kenny so taht was a success. He challenged for the title which was a success. He last year failed and that was his ONLY bad season.

By the way people mentioning money Klopp spent............................ where in the money spent league is Dortmund within Germany??? Without looking I assume they are in the top 3 if not top 2?? Where are Liverpool in England??? 4th? 5th?

So expecting to beat a terrible Villa team and compete for an FA Cup is living in the past? Expecting not to need extra time to beat Bolton, Boro and Carlisle is living in the past??

I must say, I'm flabbergasted at just how much you care for a club you don't support.

Should United have sacked LVG last season after MK Dons beat them? What about Bradford beating Chelsea?

Ugh. Ok so all you want is to be the number 1 ranked team in Europe like when Rafa was in charge? Or perhaps to win a treble like when Houllier was in charge? That's all? You see this is exactly what I'm talking about. When Houllier was in charge there was no Chelsea or City as we know them today. This is the key point that most people seem to be forgetting or just choosing to ingnore. 2 of the 4 Champion's league spots have been bought up essentially by those two. Arsenal have qualified every season for 20 years or so and Utd are actually superior to us in almost every parameter you would care to pick. If anything 5th is the very best we should expect but people still say top 4 or the manager is a failure. If we did get top 4 all the other big 4 have the resources to blow us out of the water the following season anyway as we have seen with UTD this summer and last summer when they realised they might lose their seat on the gravy train. Football at the highest level these days is a very cynical sport.

There is a big difference between expecting top 4 , competing for top 4 and the tripe we are being served for over a year now.

Do you honestly think we are performing at "our" level for the last 14 months.
    Do you honestly think we cannot play better football
    Do you honestly think we cannot fight harder and show more passion against Man Utd
    , cannot beat 4th Division teams at home
    cannot avoid hammerings by stoke ,
    cannot turn up for a semi final against Villa

I could go on for pages

You live in L4 I take it?

Groundhog day??

I answered your question and explained
    No we don't , at least no more than any other club and from my dealings alot less than the other so called Big clubs.
    You are confusing our perception of where we really are now with wanting instant success . We want good football , to go down fighting when we go down and to enjoy the odd matchday not sit here wondering how bad it will be .

Come on we have loads of fans here who think we are entitled to a top 4 spot

Listen I am not going to talk down to you because you are entitled to your opinion.

But you really have this "everyone else is wrong" attitude

Ok Brendan won nothing at all before he came to Liverpool and never got a CL spot before Liverpool. There you go.

Tell me this what id Klopp Win before he went to Dortmund? How many times did he get a CL spot??

Brendan was a success at Swansea taking them into the premier league and keeping them there. He then took over from Kenny and bettered Kennys league results.

He had one bad season at Liverpool. He improved on Kenny so taht was a success. He challenged for the title which was a success. He last year failed and that was his ONLY bad season.

By the way people mentioning money Klopp spent............................ where in the money spent league is Dortmund within Germany??? Without looking I assume they are in the top 3 if not top 2?? Where are Liverpool in England??? 4th? 5th?

He constantly has them punching above their weight in Europe. So the whole money spent compared to German clubs is pointless. Also, in the past few years I'm sure I've read that Liverpool are second behind United in net money spent.

Missed the last sentence. My attitude (if that's what you were refferring to) hasn't just crept into anywhere, it's come from a lifetime of failure. You can all say what you want but that is what we have done in the Premier League for the past 25 years now. We have failed, see I also have the attitude that second in nowhere, however Einsteins theory of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. In my case the 'same thing' is supporting Liverpool and 'different' results would be actualy winning the league.
    Anyone who experienced us winning the league, and I mean really experienced it not as a child or whatever, truly have been blessed and I am envious of you. This is what being a Liverpool fan is to the younger generation, we know we are not gonna win the league, however we have come to terms with it. Alot of you don't seem to have made peace with that fact, and until ye do no manager will ever be good enough.

• Advertisement

Groundhog day??

I answered your question and explained

Come on we have loads of fans here who think we are entitled to a top 4 spot

But the "majority" of people questioning Rodgers are not just becasue of Top 4 ambtions.

And the Irony here is the person who most recently stated we can get Top 4 despite all the evidence about the club under this manager because we are better than the teams around us was you !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Finally. Some sense in this thread.

If you take out last years freak season then Liverpool's average league position since 2009 is 7th.

7th

I must say, I'm flabbergasted at just how much you care for a club you don't support.

Should United have sacked LVG last season after MK Dons beat them? What about Bradford beating Chelsea?

LVG got top 4 and Mou won the league. Spot the difference between them and Rodgers.

He constantly has them punching above their weight in Europe. So the whole money spent compared to German clubs is pointless. Also, in the past few years I'm sure I've read that Liverpool are second behind United in net money spent.

But he didnt last year!!

So again, should a manager be judged on one poor season were injuries are the reason for the season?
    But the "majority" of people questioning Rodgers are not just becasue of Top 4 ambtions.

And the Irony here is the person who most recently stated we can get Top 4 despite all the evidence about the club under this manager because we are better than the teams around us was you !!

I still think we can as we have another 32 games to play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

We're consistently finishing behind Spurs... Fùcking Spurs! If you don't see that as cause for concern then nothing will ever sway you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Have to laugh at the day-trippers crack - its the them keeping the poorer locals out who generate less noise when things are going badly (or well!). The crowd should have boo'd Rodgers out of Anfield at FT and after ET on Wednesday instead it was 5000 Carlisle supporters making the most noise.

• Advertisement

There is a big difference between expecting top 4 , competing for top 4 and the tripe we are being served for over a year now.

Do you honestly think we are performing at "our" level for the last 14 months.
    Do you honestly think we cannot play better football
    Do you honestly think we cannot fight harder and show more passion against Man Utd
    , cannot beat 4th Division teams at home
    cannot avoid hammerings by stoke ,
    cannot turn up for a semi final against Villa

I could go on for pages

Please don't make me part of the rodger's out debate. I at no point today took a position on him. My comments were of a more broad view on the club as a whole. Even if we sack rodger's we will still not win the league anytime soon regardless of who we get. The game is rigged. And by rigged I dont mean by any organization like FIfa or whetever, I am refferring to oil money etc.

quarryman wrote: »

If you take out last years freak season then Liverpool's average league position since 2009 is 7th.

7th

And we're supposed to be happy about this? Our league position fell drastically during times of distress in the club, we should be working to improve it not just accepting that it's where we will forever lie.

LVG got top 4 and Mou won the league. Spot the difference between them and Rodgers.

Rodgers has done more for Liverpool than LVG has done at United

By the way some wanted Rodgers sacked after his first season as well and look what happened when he wasnt

By the way some wanted Rodgers sacked after his first season as well and look what happened when he wasnt

LVG has only been at United one season. In that season he achieved the goals set out for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Hardly anyone, if anyone in this thread that I have read displays this attitude. You have made up a group of fictitious fans in your head and then wrote some nonsense based off it. Considering the people thanking your post it should be pretty obvious to see it is complete drivel. I find in general Liverpool fans are very realistic these days, no one thinks we are the main force in England, not even close. The argument that we should be doing better than the manager is currently achieving is a completely valid one and has very little to do with being stuck in the past.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

My favourite part of so many Liverpool fans not just rolling over and accepting mediocrity is how much it really gets to the people who hate us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

quarryman wrote: »

Nice one lads some sense finally for the United lad who virtually never posts here. :pac: do one m8

Hardly anyone, if anyone in this thread that I have read displays this attitude. You have made up a group of fictitious fans in your head and then wrote some nonsense based off it. Considering the people thanking your post it should be pretty obvious to see it is complete drivel. I find in general Liverpool fans are very realistic these days, no one thinks we are the main force in England, not even close. The argument that we should be doing better than the manager is currently achieving is a completely valid one and has very little to do with being stuck in the past.

Not fictitious fans, LLoyd and Mr Alan have been guilty of such in the recent seasons to name a few. I'm sure I could find others if I cared enough to 'win' this argument. Anyone suggesting we should be regular top 4 isnt even being realistic if you ask me, and there plenty of those.

Have to laugh at the day-trippers crack - its the them keeping the poorer locals out who generate less noise when things are going badly (or well!). The crowd should have boo'd Rodgers out of Anfield at FT and after ET on Wednesday instead it was 5000 Carlisle supporters making the most noise.

Im not one of these "support your local team" crap

Im from Limerick ffs

When I say "daytrippers" Im talking about those who watch every so often, check the scores at the end of the game and join in the banter thinking that they are a real fan.

Im talking about those sunshine fans who dont watch the games because we are losing. The ones who could go a season without watching or even checking in on the team because when they take off the jersey they dont give a sh1t about the club.

Those are the ones I have an issue with

*by the way I am not insinuating anyone here falls into that category and wont call anyone out on it

That is the most hilarious thing I think I've ever read. In his first season he got them top 4, it's looking like he'll consolidate that this season. He's lost one game in Europe, but actually went for it and played a strong side, rather than going out with a whimper. What exactly has Rodgers "done" for Liverpool??

We're the fifth highest spending team in the league, to say we should expect to finish around 7th because that's "where we belong" is just stupid. We should be challenging for top 4 every year, and when we get it we should be raising the bar again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Nice one lads some sense finally for the United lad who virtually never posts here. :pac: do one m8

I'll give you a laugh.....it's Leeds United. :D

LVG has only been at United one season. In that season he achieved the goals set out for him.

So you dont remember last summer?

All this talk of "liverpool had a great season because they had no Europe distraction" so "united can do the same"

Not just fans, journalists or pundits. But players and staff talked about challenging for the title.

They spent a fortune and I am not talking net spend or whatever. I am talking everything. Wages, fees everything. They spent well over 200 million last year alone and got 4th!!! plus they still had all their title winning squad in tact.............................

But yea the "objectives" were surely met :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Why would they regret Dalglish's appointment?

He stabilised the mess of the season that Hodgson had us in and in his one full season in charge won FSG their only cup and got to the FA Cup final.

They have re-instated him in his ambassador role. I don't think they have any regrets with Kenny.

I'd say in retrospect they'd rather they didn't bow to sentiment and the fan base choice.

It isn't a personal criticism of Kenny so pitch forks down lads.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Jaysis lads, the thread reads like this guy is typing in it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement