Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

That is the most hilarious thing I think I've ever read. In his first season he got them top 4, it's looking like he'll consolidate that this season. He's lost one game in Europe, but actually went for it and played a strong side, rather than going out with a whimper. What exactly has Rodgers "done" for Liverpool??

Top 2???

But yea your right f8ck all :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I'll give you a laugh.....it's Leeds United. :D

Oh jesus i suppose he has to have some kind of thread to read then :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Mr.H wrote: »
    Top 2???

Coming second means nothing if you don't expand in it and finish sixth the year after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Top 2???

What's the difference between 2nd and 4th?? Both Champs Lge spots. LVG got it within 9 months of becoming manager and looks like he will get it again this year. Took Rodgers 2 seasons and never looked likely again.

Coming second means nothing if you don't expand in it and finish sixth the year after.

6th but whos counting

Ok lets try to find common ground. Lets see if you can understand my point.

Why did we do so poorly last season???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

I am looking forward to the panic when the top 4 becomes a top 3. Then we are really screwed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Everyone knows that we should at least be winning the Champions League this year, and the Euros in the summer. I mean, we're Liverpool Football Club, for **** sake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Grayditch wrote: »
    My favourite part of so many Liverpool fans not just rolling over and accepting mediocrity is how much it really gets to the people who hate us.

When Hodgson was sacked there we a fair few lads on these boards, United fans mainly, who were scoffing at us for having ideas above our station. It was great seeing them get a taste of their own medicine when they took on Moyes.

What's the difference between 2nd and 4th?? Both Champs Lge spots. LVG got it within 9 months of becoming manager and looks like he will get it again this year. Took Rodgers 2 seasons and never looked likely again.

Yet one is a title challenge and the other isnt

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »
    Everyone knows that we should at least be winning the Champions League this year, and the Euros in the summer. I mean, we're Liverpool Football Club, for **** sake.

No. The club and fans should be thankful for where they are. Give Rodgers 15 years and it'll be top 5 all the time.

mormank wrote: »
    I am looking forward to the panic when the top 4 becomes a top 3. Then we are really screwed.

At least we wont be the only ones :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'll ask this after 3 years and 31 players brought into the squad does the manager know his best team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Who was second in the Bundesliga last year? Hope their fans enjoyed their title 'challenge'. :rolleyes:

What do you get for a title challenge these days?? Silver medal? No? Ah, Champs Lge qualification, same as 4th yeah?

Who was second in the Bundesliga last year? Hope their fans enjoyed their title 'challenge'. :rolleyes:

Its all they talk about up in Aberdeen this season, last years title challenge.

• Advertisement

No. The club and fans should be thankful for where they are. Give Rodgers 15 years and it'll be top 5 all the time.

Not one person here is saying to give Rodgers a new contract

Noone is even saying that we shouldnt sack Rodgers

What we are saying is that certain people are being disrespectful and they are writing off what Rodgers has done here. Certain people are acting like spoilt little glory hunters that havent spent the last 25 years waiting for this title, so have no idea what its like to be frustrated by this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

I must say, I'm flabbergasted at just how much you care for a club you don't support.

Should United have sacked LVG last season after MK Dons beat them? What about Bradford beating Chelsea?

Yet again you are being deliberately ignorant to the fact this isn't the Rodgers first season in charge

6th but whos counting

Ok lets try to find common ground. Lets see if you can understand my point.

Why did we do so poorly last season???

A replacement for Suarez was never brought in. Of course we couldn't replace him like-for-like but buying Balotelli was farcical. The rest of the money was put to waste as well, buying three players from Southampton (none of which have shown very much so far) just seems like lazy scouting.

Obviously Sturridge's injury was a big blow to last season but he has a history of injuries, the club should have been prepared for it.

After that the poor season is down to tactics, we were outsmarted by much weaker teams on numerous occasions, we bottled nearly every big game we played and there were only about three months in the season that it looked like we knew what we were doing. United offered us 4th quite a few times, but every time they slipped up we did too.

What do you get for a title challenge these days?? Silver medal? No? Ah, Champs Lge qualification, same as 4th yeah?

So I take it ye didnt enjoy the title challenge no?? Ye didnt sing loud? Ye didnt celebrate or hope that we might just do it?

If ye didnt when would ye have? The day we win it?

When do ye stop celebrating? the next day?

What exactly do you think football is?

It is a sport that we love and we want to compete in. If we have the slightest chance of achieving something then that is a reason to be happy. That is a reason to feel excitement and to feel part of the title challenge.

If it was Klopp you would be f9cking loving it. But I gonna guess ye were both against Brendan from day one and have wanted to say I told you so ever sense

Pathetic

Not one person here is saying to give Rodgers a new contract

Noone is even saying that we shouldnt sack Rodgers

What we are saying is that certain people are being disrespectful and they are writing off what Rodgers has done here. Certain people are acting like spoilt little glory hunters that havent spent the last 25 years waiting for this title, so have no idea what its like to be frustrated by this

Rodgers has "done" nothing. The squad is no better than the one Kenny left him. The results over the past 9 months have been no better than when Kenny left. The title challenge seems a blip rather than anything else.

• Advertisement

So I take it ye didnt enjoy the title challenge no?? Ye didnt sing loud? Ye didnt celebrate or hope that we might just do it?

It is a sport that we love and we want to compete in. If we have the slightest chance of achieving something then that is a reason to be happy. That is a reason to feel excitement and to feel part of the title challenge.

If it was Klopp you would be f9cking loving it. But I gonna guess ye were both against Brendan from day one and have wanted to say I told you so ever sense

Pathetic

Of course it was exciting, but it came to nothing. And since then it's been all downhill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Ugh. Ok so all you want is to be the number 1 ranked team in Europe like when Rafa was in charge? Or perhaps to win a treble like when Houllier was in charge? That's all? You see this is exactly what I'm talking about. When Houllier was in charge there was no Chelsea or City as we know them today. This is the key point that most people seem to be forgetting or just choosing to ingnore. 2 of the 4 Champion's league spots have been bought up essentially by those two. Arsenal have qualified every season for 20 years or so and Utd are actually superior to us in almost every parameter you would care to pick. If anything 5th is the very best we should expect but people still say top 4 or the manager is a failure. If we did get top 4 all the other big 4 have the resources to blow us out of the water the following season anyway as we have seen with UTD this summer and last summer when they realised they might lose their seat on the gravy train. Football at the highest level these days is a very cynical sport.
    Missed the last sentence. My attitude (if that's what you were refferring to) hasn't just crept into anywhere, it's come from a lifetime of failure. You can all say what you want but that is what we have done in the Premier League for the past 25 years now. We have failed, see I also have the attitude that second in nowhere, however Einsteins theory of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. In my case the 'same thing' is supporting Liverpool and 'different' results would be actualy winning the league.
    Anyone who experienced us winning the league, and I mean really experienced it not as a child or whatever, truly have been blessed and I am envious of you. This is what being a Liverpool fan is to the younger generation, we know we are not gonna win the league, however we have come to terms with it. Alot of you don't seem to have made peace with that fact, and until ye do no manager will ever be good enough.

I want us to be better than what we are. I want us to not be **** in Europe or **** in the Cups. I want the manager of over three years to have his squad of players set up in such a way that they play like they know each other and not like strangers. These are not unreasonable expectations.

When Rafa and Houlier were in charge we didn't always have the best team or the best squad but we boxed clever and made it work. Their experience got us over the line - we focused on the opposition's weaknesses and beat them. At the moment we are not doing these things. We are buying players that don't fit and utilizing them incorrectly. We are spending our money poorly. Our tactics are non existent.

If there was some semblance that we were getting places with Rodgers then I think that people would be behind him - regardless of whether we finished 4th. The way we finished last season was pathetic...there was no drive, no ambition and I believe this comes from the management.

I never said anything about winning leagues and I have accepted to some degree that it will be very difficult for us to do that, however, I will not accept where we currently are.

Pathetic

I loved the title challenge, it was one of the best times I've experienced as a Liverpool fan, but as you say "If we have the slightest chance of achieving something then that is a reason to be happy" well it doesn't feel like we have any chance of achieving anything under Rodgers anymore.

A replacement for Suarez was never brought in. Of course we couldn't replace him like-for-like but buying Balotelli was farcical. The rest of the money was put to waste as well, buying three players from Southampton (none of which have shown very much so far) just seems like lazy scouting.

Obviously Sturridge's injury was a big blow to last season but he has a history of injuries, the club should have been prepared for it.

After that the poor season is down to tactics, we were outsmarted by much weaker teams on numerous occasions, we bottled nearly every big game we played and there were only about three months in the season that it looked like we knew what we were doing. United offered us 4th quite a few times, but every time they slipped up we did too.

What about the fact we tried to sign Sanchez? I feel that he was our "replacement" for Suarez but when that fell apart it was late in the summer and we tried to get someone else. An agreement was made for Falcao and we dodged a bullet. The same with Etoo. Mario was only a last minute choice and at the fee plus wages it was a great deal. He just didnt work out.

Danny doesnt have a history of injuries. At least long term ones. Its b2llocx that he does. He has had one bad season in his whole career and that was last year. Before that he never missed more than a couple of games through injury.

One issue I seen from last year was that we tried to make up for Dannys injury by trying to rush players into positions they didnt know. Like Marko playing wing back (a tactic that was used on Sterling and made him a better player).

Our team last year looked like a patch job every game. Noone seen that coming. That is why I think that last year is an anomaly. The way people write off Brendans "title challenge" as down to Suarez, it is just as fair to say "bad luck" is the reason for last season.

Thats where I am coming from (its fine if you dont agree)

Rodgers has "done" nothing. The squad is no better than the one Kenny left him. The results over the past 9 months have been no better than when Kenny left. The title challenge seems a blip rather than anything else.

NOT TRUE IN ANY WAY IMAGINABLE
    Of course it was exciting, but it came to nothing. And since then it's been all downhill

Its been one season since that.............. if we finish lower than 6th this season yes it would be down hill but if we finish any higher than 6th it would be exactly the word you used above "a blip"

I loved the title challenge, it was one of the best times I've experienced as a Liverpool fan, but as you say "If we have the slightest chance of achieving something then that is a reason to be happy" well it doesn't feel like we have any chance of achieving anything under Rodgers anymore.

Not right now it doesnt

The first year under Rodgers many other said that exact same thing

What about the fact we tried to sign Sanchez? I feel that he was our "replacement" for Suarez but when that fell apart it was late in the summer and we tried to get someone else. An agreement was made for Falcao and we dodged a bullet. The same with Etoo. Mario was only a last minute choice and at the fee plus wages it was a great deal. He just didnt work out.

Danny doesnt have a history of injuries. At least long term ones. Its b2llocx that he does. He has had one bad season in his whole career and that was last year. Before that he never missed more than a couple of games through injury.

One issue I seen from last year was that we tried to make up for Dannys injury by trying to rush players into positions they didnt know. Like Marko playing wing back (a tactic that was used on Sterling and made him a better player).

Our team last year looked like a patch job every game. Noone seen that coming. That is why I think that last year is an anomaly. The way people write off Brendans "title challenge" as down to Suarez, it is just as fair to say "bad luck" is the reason for last season.

After last season I was pissed off, especially after the last few games, but I was still fine with keeping Rodgers on. It's the fact that this season so far has looked every bit as bad, if not worse, than the one before. That's what's pushed the majority into wanting Rodgers gone.

So what do you put the start of this season down to?

Not right now it doesnt

The first year under Rodgers many other said that exact same thing

Yes but it's not the first year anymore. We can't excuse a fúck up every second season just because he did well in the one before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I'll give you a laugh.....it's Leeds United. :D

Has he changed teams or something? Always thought he was Man U.

Also we have a much better squad than we did when Rodgers first took over but are somehow playing even worse than we were back then.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Exciting for who? Surely not for you though right?

I am just as unhappy about this season as you guys and again I am not advocating Rodgers staying!!

All I am saying is that if Rodgers stays I hope it changes fast but if there is any doubt form the owners then they need to act now.

Either way being disrespectful and slagging the man off is just childish and unnecessary. It is not up to us if he stays or goes, It is up to us if we choose to support the team. If we dont support them now, then we dont deserve call ourselves supporters ever

Yes but it's not the first year anymore. We can't excuse a fúck up every second season just because he did well in the one before.

Not saying we should excuse it. But there is no need to beat him with it either. Last year was a f1ck up but it was not entirely down to Brendan. It was out of his hands what happened.

That is why we shouldnt slate him with it the way we shouldnt parade him with the "great year"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Lots of neutrals and even rival fans loved watching Liverpool that season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Lots of neutrals and even rival fans loved watching Liverpool that season.

Liverpool were actually voted the most exciting team to watch by neutrals during that season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Nobody seen that coming??? We lost the 3rd best player in the world! One that scored a record amount of goals. One that was indispensable to us. Everyone seen that coming.

... what we didn't see coming was the 10 game run where we looked like we forgot how to play football! The complete lack of team spirit and determination needed to win games. I hoped that it was a one off myself, and then Brendan seemed to get it back towards the 2nd half of the season, but we badly capitulated when we met United the 2nd time and they just murdered us.

Fast forward to this season, we've not really come out of the blocks too good, we were fortunate to win the first 2 (but i'll take that) but West Ham was a disaster and we again totally wimped out against united again. It shows a lack of spine.

This whole - "yeah but the team are playing with no confidence" thing ... that's why we are not scoring goals ... Do West Ham play with no confidence? Leicester? ... so why are we? The buck stops with the manager.

I badly want him to succeed, i really do, i want him to go on a run of 20 games unbeaten, scoring freely and to get the best from this group of players. But he is running out of time. The media have gotten a hold of it now and it's going to be some feat to turn this around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

monkey9 wrote: »
    Has he changed teams or something? Always thought he was Man U.

Probably an ABL.

People have to stop using the West ham game as well though

FFS West ham this season have beaten
    Arsenal in the Emirates
    Ourselves at Anfield
    and City at the Ethihad

They are not exactly walkovers this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Arsenal in the Emirates
    Ourselves at Anfield
    and City at the Ethihad

But we were, and that's the problem.

At Anfield, we got totally dismissed. Brushed aside with feck all effort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Arsenal in the Emirates
    Ourselves at Anfield
    and City at the Ethihad

No we don't
    it was not only the god awful result it was the manner of it , at home played of the park no chances created lucky to get out only 3-0 down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

CPwG1PkWwAAzcwI.png

Marca
    "Liverpool fix the roof leaks before they happen," boasted proud John Toshack. Times have changed and now walks with Brendan Rodgers in smoke.
    Judge within three years, " said the coach when he came to the bench in 2012. The time is fulfilled, and the credit runs out. Rodgers live the memory of the 2013-14 season, in which he finished runner-up thanks to a huge Luis Suarez. His other two campaigns in charge among the eight worst records in the Premier reds was: in 2012-13 he finished seventh and stayed out of Europe for the second time in 13 years and finished sixth last year.
    The start of the season not to be optimistic. Liverpool League after running thirteenth in eight points 18. The four goals scored to date equals the initial registration made ​​in 2005-06, the worst of the Reds in the Premiership. "Lewandowski scored more goals in nine minutes (five ) that the Pool " , jokes on the Internet.
    It does not end there. Liverpool has six games without a win. His last victim was the Bournemouth (1-0) on August 17. Sultry way of qualifying for the fourth round of the League Cup is the straw that breaks the camel. The Reds defeated on penalties to Carlisle, a modest team that finished last season twenty-fourth division and the luxury of booking top scorer Jabo Ibehre allowed.
    Liverpool, however, he lined up an eleven valued at 175 million euros which contained Skrtel, Milner or Firmino. Coutinho, who came off the bench, was not able to vary the final 1-1. Hence, the fans booed Pool Rodgers in the 90th minute and the end of each period of extra time while Carlisle sang: "You will be sacked in the morning".
    85% want to leave
    Rodgers also surveys against. The data from the Daily Mirror was brutal: only 15% believe that will end the season. A group of fans has even started a collection to raise 9.5 kilos would cost his dismissal. The stakes support this trend. You pay 2.75 euros one that Rodgers will be the next coach fired. Dick Advocaat will only exceeds (Sunderland), which pays 2.5 to one.
    In such a context it is not surprising that out Gary McAllister who acudiera a news conference. "Brendan, like everyone, he is delighted to have gone round. In the locker room breathed relief, " said his assistant.
    The match against Aston Villa a match-ball for Rodgers does not give the key is presumed. Liverpool have tested four different schemes (4-1-4-1, 4-2-3-1, 4-3-3 and 3-4-1-2) and 25 different players in the eight games he has played between Premier League Cup and Europe. His percentage of success in front of goal (4.8%) only worsens the Arsenal (2.5%). The Reds, without going any further, needed 47 shots to the Carlisle to achieve a single goal. Since May 2, before the QPR (2-1), do not mark two goals in one game. "Liverpool is the worst I've seen in years," says Harry Redknapp.
    To play low against Brendan Rodgers. Having invested 250 million euros in the last two seasons, the coach his last cartridge without Lovren, Benteke, Henderson and injured will be played Firmino.

Leer más: Premier League: 'Liverbluff' - MARCA.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

quarryman wrote: »
    Finally. Some sense in this thread.

If you take out last years freak season then Liverpool's average league position since 2009 is 7th.

7th

If you take away the last 11 years Arsenal are the defending champions. Liverpools average position since 2008/09 is actually 5th.

Ignoring the West ham game we've still only had one decent half a game this season, where we completely dominated a poor team.

Ignoring the West ham game we've still only had one decent half a game this season, where we completely dominated a poor team.

If you ignore 2013/2014...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

That is another major source of frustration for me. Against the likes of Arsenal, we can step it up and show that we can actually play some decent football. So we have shown glimpses that we can do it, and that the players are capable of playing good football, we just aren't.
    We need somebody who can get these performances out of us week in, week out. Be that person on the pitch, like a Suarez or old school Stevie G who demanded nothing but maximum effort from everybody on the pitch. Or from a manager that can get them to do it.

• Advertisement

brevity wrote: »
    If you ignore 2013/2014...

What would you ignore instead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,878 ✭✭✭RayCon

Marca: A group of fans has even started a collection to raise 9.5 kilos would cost his dismissal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Arsenal in the Emirates
    Ourselves at Anfield
    and City at the Ethihad

Its all our home games though so it isn't as if its an outlier skewing the stats.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

What would you ignore instead?

I don't think you can ignore any of it really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Sultry way of qualifying for the fourth round of the League Cup is the straw that breaks the camel.

That's just fantastic! :pac:

Someone really should develop a comedy based on articles mangled by google translate

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement