Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Twitter is claiming the Walter Mazzarri has flown into Liverpool this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Is he any use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Carlo bringing a friend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,298 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Its BS but that would be typical FSG, Ancelotti and Klopp waiting for the call and we go for Mazzarri. He did well at Napoli but he has won nothing and would be a seriously underwhelming choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

mormank wrote: »
    Not fictitious fans, LLoyd and Mr Alan have been guilty of such in the recent seasons to name a few. I'm sure I could find others if I cared enough to 'win' this argument. Anyone suggesting we should be regular top 4 isnt even being realistic if you ask me, and there plenty of those.

I disagree with that to put it mildly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

WTF? Lets hope that's BS.

In what way would Mazzarri be an improvement on Rodgers? His Inter side was a shambles by the end, he has never been a top grade coach, never got above 50% win rate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,878 ✭✭✭RayCon

Is he any use?

Sacked by Inter after 58 games and a PPG of 1.6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Is he any use?

Finished second in Serie A and won the Coppa Italia with Napoli, left to join Inter and was unsuccessful.

I'd be a little disappointed if the club replaced Rodgers with him, but I wouldn't rule out him bringing about an improvement in results and finishing positions if he did come in.

He wouldn't be the standard of Klopp, Ancelotti, et al, nor De Boer, Cocu, Emery, Favre, Garcia and others I've seen listed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

I don't believe 99% of what I read on twitter but if that's true, I'd just like to reiterate what I said earlier. If he gets the job, Rodgers will be held in a very high regard in comparison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I don't believe 99% of what I read on twitter but if that's true, I'd just like to reiterate what I said earlier. If he gets the job, Rodgers will be held in a very high regard in comparison.

People's opinion on Rodgers won't change based on who his replacement is.

• Advertisement

People's opinion on Rodgers won't change based on who his replacement is.

That's how badly I rate Mazzari. 5th place will seem like a dream compared to where we could end up with him in charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

That's how badly I rate Mazzari. 5th place will seem like a dream compared to where we could end up with him in charge.

5th place is a Dream right now !

Listen a bad non functioning relationship is exactly that , your next relationships success or failure does not make this one any more or less succesful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Hopefully there is nothing in it. If I have to Google him to find out about him then its not the right appointment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

brevity wrote: »
    Hopefully there is nothing in it. If I have to Google him to find out about him then its not the right appointment

Yeah, Wengers been an abomination for Arsenal.

Ah I had to google Rafa back in the day (or probably ask jeeves back then )

It would be a pretty big ego to say you know so much about top Managers that if they are worth hiring you would know about them already !

Was Google around when he was appointed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

i have said it before but i'll say it again, if fsg do get rid of rodgers soon and don't replace him with a klopp or ancelotti, then i would expect a serious backlash from the fans against the owners

Turtyturd wrote: »

Wenger is around longer than Google

Ya look I was being a bit glib but you get what I mean.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It should be pointed out this "story" originates in Italy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

Such a shame Rodgers is being hounded out of the club like this. Its like after the Chelsea game he tried to play a more defensive game by sacrificing attack and ended up doing both badly. I'm still grateful he provided us with one of the most exciting seasons in years, albeit a lot was down to Suarez. Its clear to see he's lost confidence in himself. If he's sacked (which admittedly looked nailed on) I hope he picks himself up and gets back into management soon. Maybe the expectations of a job like Liverpool came too fast for him. Either way until he's gone I'll support him & the club.

The lads saying "If x happens I'm done with Liverpool" & "I hope we lose so he's sacked" should just save us all the bother and go off choosing between Chelsea/City each season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Doff wrote: »
    Such a shame Rodgers is being hounded out of the club like this. Its like after the Chelsea game he tried to play a more defensive game by sacrificing attack and ended up doing both badly. I'm still grateful he provided us with one of the most exciting seasons in years, albeit a lot was down to Suarez. Its clear to see he's lost confidence in himself. If he's sacked (which admittedly looked nailed on) I hope he picks himself up and gets back into management soon. Maybe the expectations of a job like Liverpool came too fast for him. Either way until he's gone I'll support him & the club.

The lads saying "If x happens I'm done with Liverpool" & "I hope we lose so he's sacked" should just save us all the bother and go off choosing between Chelsea/City each season.

Only two idiots have said if x happens I'm done and both are pro Rodgers

I haven't seen anyone say I hope we lose so he is sacked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

RayCon wrote: »
    Sacked by Inter after 58 games and a PPG of 1.6

I can think of a manager who had a worse record there that would have half the thread pulling the cocks off themselves if he were reappointed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Only two idiots have said if x happens I'm done and both are pro Rodgers

I haven't seen anyone say I hope we lose so he is sacked

I seen a few people saying it before the Norwich match but I just never bothered posting then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

LiamoSail wrote: »
    I can think of a manager who had a worse record there that would have half the thread pulling the cocks off themselves if he were reappointed

This is just excellent :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

Us getting CL football every season would be substantial over achieving and excellent management.

Top 4 was a given for the likes of Houllier and Rafa.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Leicester would never let him go to us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

It would be a pretty big ego to say you know so much about top Managers that if they are worth hiring you would know about them already !

You were in the minority. Rafa was running amuck with valencia and a dream appointment at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Finished second in Serie A and won the Coppa Italia with Napoli, left to join Inter and was unsuccessful.

I'd be a little disappointed if the club replaced Rodgers with him, but I wouldn't rule out him bringing about an improvement in results and finishing positions if he did come in.

He wouldn't be the standard of Klopp, Ancelotti, et al, nor De Boer, Cocu, Emery, Favre, Garcia and others I've seen listed.

Look at the strike force he had at Napoli:

Cavani
    Lavezzi
    Hamsik

He's not going to have that kind of fire power at Liverpool.

I'd prefer Montella over Mazzarri

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

The fans that want Rodgers gone don't expect league challenges every year or getting into the top 4 every year but we do expect the team to

- be rock solid in 5th spot and looking to take a step up or ready to take a top 4 spot when a team above shows any sign of wobbling
    - to compete in the later rounds of the League Cup/FA Cup/Europa League

This we can do with the right manager. We dwarf pretty much everyone in the league outside of the top 4 in finances and we also dwarf 90%+ of the teams we'll play in the Europa League. No excuses for not competing

We also need to get used to competing in big pressure games that comes with going deep in cup competitions. Since Rodgers has been manager he has been pathetic in the cups overall

League Cup - Fourth Round
    FA Cup - Fourth Round
    Europa League - Last 32

League Cup - Third Round
    FA Cup - Fifth Round
    Europa League - Didn't even qualify

League Cup - Semi's
    FA Cup - Semi's
    Champions League - Group Stages
    Europa League - Last 32

Now his fans will point to the two semi's last year, fair enough, good work last year. Dumped out by Chelsea in the League Cup, we can take that but that semi final performance against Villa in the FA Cup was pathetic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

I find it strange that you didn't know who Rafa was back then. He did extremely well with Valencia. And I think they did a number on us a couple of times while he was in charge. Also we were looking to buy Aimar from Valencia at this time and Rafa convinced him to stay with them.

Rodgers has spent a lot of cash and no return.

He's had a good run of it and certainly couldn't complain if fired

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Google started in 1998, probably older than some posters here though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

One night in Istanbul starting now on sky premiere

Doff wrote: »

You've got an odd definition of hounded out.

Do you want fans to resolutely back every player and manager, and then when they leave go "oh well, never mind, onto full support of the new guy now".

As I've said before, there are always silly extremes on both sides of everything, but the majority of those that want a change of manager now want it because we believe the current manager cannot lead the club in a fashion that will have us credibly challenging for the top 4 and playing in a cohesive and positive style.

https://twitter.com/KopWorld

This guy says its Ancelotti. Various pinches of Na required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

With which part?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

mormank wrote: »
    Anyone suggesting we should be regular top 4 isnt even being realistic if you ask me, and there plenty of those.

If you look at the global brand that Liverpool is(for now anyway), there is no reason that we shouldn't expect to be top 4. We should really be top 3. That is being realistic. Its a statistic I have brought up before but its probably worth posting again. Liverpool/United games have the biggest audience in the world. Those games have a viewership 3 times that of Real/Barca games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,802 ✭✭✭✭kippy

jpboard1 wrote: »
    If you look at the global brand that Liverpool is(for now anyway), there is no reason that we shouldn't expect to be top 4. We should really be top 3. That is being realistic. Its a statistic I have brought up before but its probably worth posting again. Liverpool/United games have the biggest audience in the world. Those games have a viewership 3 times that of Real/Barca games.

Never mind a manager, Liverpools biggest aim should be to get a new stadium to at least compete on a financial par with United and the non sugar daddy clubs. Its been promised for years and still no sogn of it.

That's irrelevant when the clubs revenue in dwarfed by others. Arsenal and United generate a far higher level of revenue than Liverpool, while both City and Chelsea have far greater resources through their owners.

The reality is fifth represents par for the course given the resources of he competition

• Advertisement

Top 3? People who follow the league in Asia follow whoever is winning, Liverpool aren't even close to the draw we once were. Why do people need this explained? City, Chelsea, United and Arsenal are bigger clubs than Liverpool.

That's irrelevant when the clubs revenue in dwarfed by others. Arsenal and United generate a far higher level of revenue than Liverpool, while both City and Chelsea have far greater resources through their owners.

The reality is fifth represents par for the course given the resources of he competition

But we don't even do that so on that Rodgers isn't even hitting what he should be hitting. With the money we spend on transfers and wages we should be closer to Arsenal than we are Spurs, but we're not, we're behind Spurs consistently the last few years.

Fromvert wrote: »
    But we don't even do that so on that Rodgers isn't even hitting what he should be hitting. With the money we spend on transfers and wages we should be closer to Arsenal than we are Spurs, but we're not, we're behind Spurs consistently the last few years.

I'm not disputing that. My point is simply that top 4 shouldn't be expected. Top4 means punching above weight.

I'm not disputing that. My point is simply that top 4 shouldn't be expected. Top4 means punching above weight.

I agree it is but we should be right there behind the top four ready to jump on any missteps that happen above us.

Rodgers is failing to deliver what is the minimum in the league, in both domestic cups and in Europe his record is embarrassing. Everyone including him knows his time is up soon enough.

I hope they pull the trigger sooner than later.

circular_argument.png

Fromvert wrote: »
    I agree it is but we should be right there behind the top four ready to jump on any missteps that happen above us.

Rodgers is failing to deliver what is the minimum in the league, in both domestic cups and in Europe his record is embarrassing. Everyone including him knows his time is up soon enough.

I hope they pull the trigger sooner than later.

What's the minimum for the league?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Has there been a player bought in the last 2 years who has improved after signing for LFC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Mr.H wrote: »
    Im not one of these "support your local team" crap

Im from Limerick ffs
    Stopped reading there:pac:
    Ignoring the West ham game we've still only had one decent half a game this season, where we completely dominated a poor team.
    That same poor team proceeded to dominate us in the second half:D

Stopped reading there:pac:

That same poor team proceeded to dominate us in the second half:D

I'm not talking about the Norwich game. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

brevity wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/KopWorld

This guy says its Ancelotti. Various pinches of Na required.

Also says he is checked into a non smoking room

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement