Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

LiamoSail wrote: »
    I'm not disputing that. My point is simply that top 4 shouldn't be expected. Top4 means punching above weight.

Agree it is, we achieved below par last year with 6th. Its the lack of joy, fun, or direction that has me disenchanted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

What's the minimum for the league?

It should be 5th since we've the 5th highest wage bill by a huge margin to Spurs who are behind us and we have also spent more (both gross and net) than everyone bar United, City and Chelsea over the last 5 years. We should be closer to 4th than 6th.

Please don't say we've averaged 5th because of the outlier that was the 2013-1014 season. It was a great run at the title but we were awful the year before it and have declined rapidly after it. It's not the norm of how we've performed. He overachieved in one season, failed in the other two and isn't looking good this year.

2013 - Failed
    2014- Overachieved
    2015 - Failed
    2016 - Well on his way to a fail

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Fromvert wrote: »
    It should be 5th since we've the 5th highest wage bill by a huge margin to Spurs who are behind us and we have also spent more (both gross and net) than everyone bar United, City and Chelsea over the last 5 years. We should be closer to 4th than 6th.

Please don't say we've averaged 5th because of the outlier that was the 2013-1014 season. It was a great run at the title but we were awful the year before it and have declined rapidly after it. It's not the norm of how we've performed. He overachieved in one season, failed in the other two and isn't looking good this year.

2013 - Failed
    2014- Overachieved
    2015 - Failed
    2016 - Well on his way to a fail

We were awful in 12/13? That's painfully incorrect. We were fairly rubbish up until November that year, after that we were far from awful. If you are going to try and slate the man then at least have a bulls notion what you are talking about.

We were awful in 12/13? That's painfully incorrect. We were fairly rubbish up until November that year, after that we were far from awful. If you are going to try and slate the man then at least have a bulls notion what you are talking about.

We finished 7th and averaged 1.6 points a game. Is that not awful and well below what's expected?

Add in the cup form of

League Cup - Fourth Round
    FA Cup - Fourth Round
    Europa League - Last 32

Sorry if my expectations are more than the above, but that's awful to me.

We finished 7th and averaged 1.6 points a game. Is that not awful and well below what's expected?

From January to May we averaged 2.50 ppg. Is that awful? To say the whole season was awful is just plain incorrect.

• Advertisement

From January to May we averaged 2.50 ppg. Is that awful? To say the whole season was awful is just plain incorrect.

Overall the season was awful, went on a great run when we were out of the run for everything.

What happened in the cups that year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

Top 3? People who follow the league in Asia follow whoever is winning, Liverpool aren't even close to the draw we once were. Why do people need this explained? City, Chelsea, United and Arsenal are bigger clubs than Liverpool.

Audience figures say different.

Did we really? Wouldnt have thought that

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Did we really? Wouldnt have thought that

We didn't, he's lying. We averaged 1.83 points per game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Is that ppg number like the fact he posted the other day about our defence being better if you exclude certain games?

• Advertisement

Maybe have a bulls notion before you spout nonsense.

I posted a picture the other day that says differently. If that's not true then I'd take it up with Sky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Incorrect. From January 2013 to May 2013 ye had a league record of 9 wins 6 draws and 3 losses, 33 points and 1.83 ppg average, don't know where you are getting 2.5ppg from

I posted a picture the other day that says differently. If that's not true then I'd take it up with Sky.

I think you should go back and look at that picture.

Any chance you could post it?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Indeed. 33 points from 18 games from the start of January.

Haha, I'm an idiot.

Hands up and admit I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

I'm an idiot.

You won't find many to argue the point

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Any chance you could post it?

Sorry, actually the one he posted could of said 2.5pts. There's a few shops of it going around but I did see one with 1.83pts per game. One also says he had 2.5pts from Jan to May last year which is also incorrect.

Haha, I'm an idiot.

Hands up and admit I'm wrong.

Sorry I could be wrong about the one you posted, did'nt look back but have seen a few online now (after a google) that are wrong/shopped but also seen the correct one with 1.83 before so assumed it was that one.

• Advertisement

jaykay74 wrote: »
    You won't find many to argue the point

I hope you can handle all the thanks coming your way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

No, if can't be. Caomhin is wrong?!? I,I, just don't know what to believe anymore!!

Even though it is all speculation still of course, there is an awful lot of smoke about Rodgers being effectively gone. We'll find out in the next few days though if there is any fire to match I suppose. If we don't win tomorrow though it'll set the flames going I'd say.

No, if can't be. Caomhin is wrong?!? I,I, just don't know what to believe anymore!!

Who's Caomhin?

In his defence it was sky's fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Who's Caomhin?

The lad that was completely wrong. It's a few posts up, I may have mispelt the name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Has there been a player bought in the last 2 years who has improved after signing for LFC?

Take that as a no then

I dont get the joy some get from ganging up against posters who dont share their view.

It was the anti Brendan group, now its the pro ones getting it from the masses

I dont get the joy some get from ganging up against posters who dont share their view.

It was the anti Brendan group, now its the pro ones getting it from the masses

Nothing wrong with arguing as long as it doesn't get out of hand or personal or bullying

• Advertisement

Nothing wrong with arguing as long as it doesn't get out of hand or personal or bullying

I appreciate that but he admits he was wrong and gets jumped on.

Hes not Brendan!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Gerrard has shown himself to be an self obsessed clown with the extracts from his "new" autobiography. after slating Rafa, now he is having a go at Rodgers.

I always got the impression that both Gerrard and Carra thought that they were bigger than any manager at the club, that they were Liverpool. Rafa IMO fell out with both of them because he was the boss, Brendan licked both their holes, up to last season anyway, poor Bren is getting some kicking off of Stevie now.

P.S. If Stevie was in some people opinions Mr Liverpool, how is it that by publishing this crap, he is sh1tting over the club he claims he was forever loyal to?

Gerrard has shown himself to be an self obsessed clown with the extracts from his "new" autobiography. after slating Rafa, now he is having a go at Rodgers.

I always got the impression that both Gerrard and Carra thought that they were bigger than any manager at the club, that they were Liverpool. Rafa IMO fell out with both of them because he was the boss, Brendan licked both their holes, up to last season anyway, poor Bren is getting some kicking off of Stevie now.

P.S. If Stevie was in some people opinions Mr Liverpool, how is it that by publishing this crap, he is sh1tting over the club he claims he was forever loyal to?

I still love him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

You were saying his new book was great the other day, that it Reflected very well on him and the club

You need to seperate what these footballers are like as people, and what they are like as footballers.

Regarding what Gerrard said about the Chelsea game. He was spot on btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

rarnes1 wrote: »

Topic of much discussion here at the time. I ****ing slated him for it at the time IIRC.

• Advertisement

I appreciate that but he admits he was wrong and gets jumped on.

Hes not Brendan!!

Trust me, those 2 posters don't bother me in the slightest.

They have both shown themselves to be....... (if I continue I'll get a ban so I'll stop here).

Needless to say I'm still waiting on Tipsy to take me up on my offer of a bet, he seems to just continually ignore me when it's mentioned. Weldoninhio has been shown to lie about the team he supports so I just cannot take him seriously.

Their obsession with me is cute though.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    You need to seperate what these footballers are like as people, and what they are like as footballers.

What did he say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

What did he say?

Reckoned BR was overconfident, that they would give Chelsea a proper beating. Something along those lines.

Reckoned BR was overconfident, that they would give Chelsea a proper beating. Something along those lines.

He was well within his rights to be confident though in fairness.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Is that ppg number like the fact he posted the other day about our defence being better if you exclude certain games?

If you exclude the games the opposition scored more than us we haven't lost under Rodgers at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

LiamoSail wrote: »
    You were saying his new book was great the other day, that it Reflected very well on him and the club

hmmmmmmm, you will have to show me that post, his first AB was a sh1t read, maybe he felt he had to be controversial to get better sales.

As a footballer he was peerless, as a person, he leaves a lot to be desired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

He was well within his rights to be confident though in fairness.

Confidence is one thing, but setting the team up with a strategy of all out attack in our last really tough game, which we didn't need to win, was clearly a mistake.

Do hate this book rubbish from Gerrard though, it's utterly pointless. He's exceptionally wealthy. If he really wants to release a book to get things off his chest, do it when his career is finished and then be completely honest. From the excerpts i've read so far, he doesn't come across very well..

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Confidence is one thing, but setting the team up with a strategy of all out attack in our last really tough game, which we didn't need to win, was clearly a mistake.

Do hate this book rubbish from Gerrard though, it's utterly pointless. He's exceptionally wealthy. If he really wants to release a book to get things off his chest, do it when his career is finished and then be completely honest. From the excerpts i've read so far, he doesn't come across very well..

I'm sure it was discussed plenty at the time but if we had abandoned the style of play that got us so far that season he would have been destroyed by fans and the media. We weren't able to play defensively so it would have been a pointless exercise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Multi-millionaire footballer writes a book. Pisses a few people off. Happened before, will happen again.
    Gerrard, the footballer, gave me some wonderful feelings in the past 15 years - that's what'll come to mind when I think of him. I don't really give shit about his book.
    If I wanted to dislike him, I'd use his love of Phil Collins as a starting point. Now he is fucking evil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I don't hold it against Rodgers for setting up for all out attack against Chelsea, then. That's what I wanted at the time. It's what a lot of us wanted. To beat them. Turned out be be a little naive, but we had a lot of bad luck in that game. It's too easy to look back now and say what he should have done. We were on fire.

I'm sure it was discussed plenty at the time but if we had abandoned the style of play that got us so far that season he would have been destroyed by fans and the media. We weren't able to play defensively so it would have been a pointless exercise.

We didn't need to play defensively, Chelsea weren't trying to score really. We were playing a suicidally high line that day. The team were probably feeding off the energy of the crowd though as the atmosphere for the first portion of the game was electric, as it was before the match as well, real hair raising stuff. The second half was far more nervous though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

hmmmmmmm, you will have to show me that post, his first AB was a sh1t read, maybe he felt he had to be controversial to get better sales.

I was only bull****ting, but like anyone else, you had to respond when something false was written about you. As far as I'm concerned, that's all Gerrard is doing with the book; setting the record straight as he sees it

Disagree or whatever, but he's entitled to give his opinion now that he's away, and like anyone else in this world, his opinions on the various managers he's worked under aren't always going to be positive.

Grayditch wrote: »
    I don't hold it against Rodgers for setting up for all out attack against Chelsea, then. That's what I wanted at the time. It's what a lot of us wanted. To beat them. Turned out be be a little naive, but we had a lot of bad luck in that game. It's too easy to look back now and say what he should have done. We were on fire.

It was the horrible tactics by Chelsea that annoyed me. Time wasting from the very first minute, no interest whatsoever in attacking. They could have played until July that year and still wouldn't have scored if not for Gerrards slip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

It was the horrible tactics by Chelsea that annoyed me. Time wasting from the very first minute, no interest whatsoever in attacking. They could have played until July that year and still wouldn't have scored if not for Gerrards slip.

Worst part about that season is everyone remembers Gerrards slip

IF and Im saying IF we won the league (even despite Gerrards slip) everyone would be talking about Kompanys slip (was it Coutinhos goal?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Could someone tell me please how I add someone to the ignore list? Before I unfollow the thread. Can't see the option on the mobile site.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement