Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

With the Skrtel Lovren partnership, it always feels like both are gonna get drawn out of position, the ball gets cut back across, and the camera pans to see an unmarked attacker rushing in to finish. it's exactly the type of goal we regularly seem to concede, getting momentarily overloaded with poor decision making.

Im always more confident that Sakho will either block the cross, or already be on the front foot in closing down the attacker before he can shoot. He just seems more active and aware to changing circumstances and movement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Fellaini vs Lovren only see one winner there.

I don't know Lovren has been that bad I think Fellaini could come out on top

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Fair play to Rodgers. He obviously knows something about Lovren that nobody else in the world does.

I'm sure it's not his ego or stubbornness at play here or anything. Surely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I bet Lovren is like Maldini in training.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Charlie19 wrote: »
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/real-madrid/11857880/Real-Madrid-president-says-Rafael-Benitez-is-the-best-coach-Ive-had-and-Jose-Mourinho-will-never-return.html

Florentino Perez with high praises for Rafa Benitez:

It may or may not be a little dig at Jose. Perez goes onto say that Mourinho will never return to manage at the Bernabeu.

Means nothing. Rafa needs to win a league or CL this season to be there next season. And that's fair enough, nothing new there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Means nothing. Rafa needs to win a league or CL this season to be there next season. And that's fair enough, nothing new there.

And even then.....

mosstin wrote: »
    And even then.....

yeah...only way to really guarantee your job there is to win both...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

mosstin wrote: »
    And even then.....

True.

It's a ridiculous club really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

He must be. It will be ridiculous if Rodgers starts him ahead of Sakho again, he seriously needs to put in a big performance or both himself and Rodgers are in for a slaying after the match.

Lovren has made the most consistent poor displays in a Liverpool shirt that I can remember. He has probably had less than 5 good performances for us and endless bad ones, Sakho must be fuming that he can't get a game ahead of him. I don't know what is going wrong for Lovren, he has played well for Southampton and Croatia when I've seen him play but he just looks shot of confidence or something, almost similar to Mignolet last season before he was dropped.

He will get more games before the end of the season but I don't think it is the right call playing him tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Rooney out tomorrow supposedly not sure if that's a good thing though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Don't they have an £80 million player to step in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

SlickRic wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but if Steven Gerrard is telling the truth when he says he would've stayed had he been offered a coaching role, then the club needs a fúcking slap. Actually, more than a slap.

Utterly and completely stupid to let that experience and influence go when you don't have to.

Fúcking hell.
    All I can say is bleh.

I said at the time that allowing Gerrard to leave (because we DID allow him to leave) was a complete disgrace. Do people really think that he wanted to leave Liverpool just so he could play regular football in a two bit league?

Same sh1te happened with Carragher. There was a player who would have snapped the hand off to get a coaching role, yet he's wallowing in the Sky Sports studio.

Seems clear to me that Rodgers doesn't want any personalities in the backroom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

All I can say is bleh.

I said at the time that allowing Gerrard to leave (because we DID allow him to leave) was a complete disgrace. Do people really think that he wanted to leave Liverpool just so he could play regular football in a two bit league?

Same sh1te happened with Carragher. There was a player who would have snapped the hand off to get a coaching role, yet he's wallowing in the Sky Sports studio.

The anfield bootroom legacy is well and truely gone unfortunetly, stevie and carra would have been ideal in coaching roles, sometimes i think this club is going further and further away from itself every year if that makes sense:(

All I can say is bleh.

To be fair there's a lot more to the move than that...it's not like he moved to Nebraska or Qatar or something. He's in LA - honestly, its a good spot to be! Will almost certainly be back in England in 2 years - I think he'll be much better off having gotten out of the English bubble for a little while and enjoyed the sunshine. His footballing career until now has been laced with stress and pressure, this will be quite a different experience I reckon.

Yeah, he could have stayed, and had another year or so of sub appearances and having the fact that he's a waning force pointed out on a weekly basis, but whats the point? As for the couching side, he can literally do that any time afterwards - he has the next 30 or 40 years in which to manage if he fancies it.

As for Carra, I would say he's doing a lot more enjoying than wallowing. Wouldn't be surprised to see him move into a bit of coaching at some point too alright though. Honestly, I really don't think it's a great thing to go straight from being a player to coaching - I think it's good to gain a little distance first, get some perspective, and then decide if it's really what you want to do rather than being all you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

If Rodgers really didnt want big names around the club then why would he ask countless amounts of ex players to come around the club?

Why is Gary Mc his assistant???

Rush, Fowler, Barnes and Dalglish are just some of the names that have been hanging around the club on a regular basis doing ambassadorial duties and what not.

How do we know Carra would have even wanted to be a coach? He said himself it was a relief to get away from the day to day footballing stuff for awhile and get new experiences.

Gerrard has never EVER lived outside Liverpool ffs in his whole life...................... Do you not think that maybe he likes the idea of living in Los Angeles for a couple of years??

Saying that Gerrard and Carra would have snapped off our hands for a coaching role is speculation, opinions and a stick to beat Rodgers with. You guys are talking tripe.

ffs Gerrard praised Rodgers only today and said he could be the next England manager.................... But yea he must have an issue with him:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Don't they have an £80 million player to step in?

If you mean Martial, it's euros not pounds.
    And he has no "match rhythm"!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

If he was going to play up front on his own, I'd prefer that, tbh. He doesn't have the speed to stretch the defence and scare the crap out of Skrtel and Lolren.

I'd fancy Martial to do quite well, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

He must be. It will be ridiculous if Rodgers starts him ahead of Sakho again, he seriously needs to put in a big performance or both himself and Rodgers are in for a slaying after the match.

Lovren has made the most consistent poor displays in a Liverpool shirt that I can remember. He has probably had less than 5 good performances for us and endless bad ones, Sakho must be fuming that he can't get a game ahead of him. I don't know what is going wrong for Lovren, he has played well for Southampton and Croatia when I've seen him play but he just looks shot of confidence or something, almost similar to Mignolet last season before he was dropped.

He will get more games before the end of the season but I don't think it is the right call playing him tomorrow.

It is the perfect time to give Sahko a chance. There is obviously something there, with Rodgers not picking him, if Lovren is like Maldini in training maybe Sahko is the opposite? He needs to be ruthless however, too many mistakes from Lovren, out of the squad until you sort your game out.

As for why he looks a bad player all of a sudden. For me it is because he is playing a style where he is clearly not comfortable. Rodgers likes his defenders to take an extra touch of the ball and invite a little more pressure, in order to try a pass from the backline. At Southampton he was not under the same orders. He can win aeriel battles, he can tackle well and his positioning is better this season - BUT - he is just not composed enough on the ball as he needs to be. Attackers know this and are targeting him as a weak link. They close him down fast and he panics. It happens to Sahko at times too to be fair, he looks like he's dwelling on the ball a little to make his pass - of course we'd see more of that if he was picked!

Rodgers is taking a massive gamble playing Lovren today. Especially if the performance is lacking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

I wish he was like Maldini .... retired.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Where did you hear or read about this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

All I can say is bleh.

Has Carra EVER given an indication that he wanted to be a coach? I haven't seen one.

Some people don't want to, despite fans thinking the Carra-Gerrard dream team would win us everything because they know the club. Also, after how many years of rocking up to training every single day, is it even slightly possible that Carragher might have wanted a break? Try something new? Nobody is gonna bat an eyelid if he comes along in two years and looks to coach but there's no guarantee that as good and high profile a media role would've been available if he went to coach first.

Plus, look at the managerial/coaching success of our former players in the last few years. Hyypia, who has one of the best footballing brains I've ever seen, is now in Austria I think, and Babbel and Hamann didn't exactly set the world alight?

I'm frustrated as hell with Rodgers, but I'm not gonna just make things up to bash him....

Blondie919 wrote: »

There's a lot of Twitter chatter about it saying that Fellaini will start in his place but there doesn't seem to be any credible source behind it.

No paper or news channel seem to have run with it so there might be nothing to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

He wasn't with the Utd squad that checked into the team hotel last night a couple of the papers saying he has a hamstring injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

If Rooney was out there would be an hour long special about it on SSN

Vicxas wrote: »

There's nothing about it on bbc sport or 365. Could be a bluff??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Knex. wrote: »
    Lolren

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Hope rooney is playing he is **** against us usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

RayCon wrote: »
    I wish he was like Maldini .... retired.

YES ! Classic Saturday morning stuff.

oEhVvjZ.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Vicxas wrote: »

Lots of stuff from the twitterati that he didnt travel to the team hotel last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

• Advertisement

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/sep/11/wayne-rooney-manchester-united-miss-liverpool-game-injury

Guardian on Rooney injury.

"May miss match", "faces late fitness test"... No sources cited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Rooney has a shocking record in the game. I hope he plays.

Is it just me or is this not the first time we've heard Rooney is injured and will miss the game only for him to make a miraculous recovery an hour before kick off? I'm not convinced.

YES ! Classic Saturday morning stuff.

What is the hardest part about eating vegetables?

The wheelchairs.

Robbed from Reddit

Is it just me or is this not the first time we've heard Rooney is injured and will miss the game only for him to make a miraculous recovery an hour before kick off? I'm not convinced.

Happened loads under Fergie.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Knex. wrote: »
    Happened loads under Fergie.

So was winning titles!

Things change!!

Only this time plenty fans of fans from both clubs are not fussed either way

So was winning titles!

Things change!!

Utd don't change. They are still the enemy and must never be trusted.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Only this time plenty fans of fans from both clubs are not fussed either way

True enough.

We've been humiliated in 3 of our last 6 matches,1-3 loss to Palace in Gerrard's last home game,1-6 loss to Stoke and 0-3 loss to West Ham. Considering the money spent that's a disgrace.

I was done with Rodgers after the Stoke hammering. I'm a Liverpool fan since 1977 and i can't remember a more humiliating result. Another hammering today and I don't see how he can be kept on.

Let's hope we at least see some fight today. If he can't get them up for a game against Man Utd then he has no place at the club.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Lol @ Lovren starting. I'd love to go through some of the posts on here for another good laugh at all the posters up in arms at suggestions made at the start of the season that Rodgers plays favourites and Lovren would be his starting centre back but it has just become depressing rather than funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

We've been humiliated in 3 of our last 6 matches,1-3 loss to Palace in Gerrard's last home game,1-6 loss to Stoke and 0-3 loss to West Ham. Considering the money spent that's a disgrace.

I was done with Rodgers after the Stoke hammering. I'm a Liverpool fan since 1977 and i can't remember a more humiliating result. Another hammering today and I don't see how he can be kept on.

Let's hope we at least see some fight today. If he can't get them up for a game against Man Utd then he has no place at the club.

The whole run since the last game at Old Trafford has been terrible. Even the game before hand against Swansea, the writing was on the wall, we robbed the Jacks that day. Opposition managers just seem to have us completely figured out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Lol @ Lovren starting. I'd love to go through some of the posts on here for another good laugh at all the posters up in arms at suggestions made at the start of the season that Rodgers plays favourites and Lovren would be his starting centre back but it has just become depressing rather than funny.

I'm hard pressed to remember a more pigheaded persistence with a lemon than Rodgers with Nervol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I would really like to see ings start up front with benteke, he is a hard worker and scores goals and would also get 2 cb's off bentekes hole which is what we need right now, it would also show a bit of intent from rodgers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I would really like to see ings start up front with benteke, he is a hard worker and scores goals and would also get 2 cb's off bentekes hole which is what we need right now, it would also show a bit of intent from rodgers

The rumoured team today looks quite interesting.

Clyne
    Skrtel
    Lovren
    Gomez

Lucas

Milner
    Can

Firmino

Ben
    Ings

Interesting enough team while looking quite ordinary in places. We really need someone like Firmino to step up and provide some magic.

I agree that Benteke will benefit from a partner. Firmino gets to start in his favoured position. He won't get many of them so he needs to impress if he wants any chance of starting in the middle in the near future again. The three midfielders behind him seem quite suited to a diamond. Lucas as the base, Milner/Can as the runners/engine. I would still prefer Moreno but this game away to United should suit Gomez far better that the previous one given most of his work will probably be defensive. It all looks a fairly balanced team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Do think all this clamour for Ings to start is OTT just because he was lively vs West Ham. I would prefer Firmino to play up front off Benteke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

MD1990 wrote: »
    Do think all this clamour for Ings to start is OTT just because he was lively vs West Ham. I would prefer Firmino to play up front off Benteke.

No Lallana, no Coutinho, Origi is still untested, Markovic is gone.

It's not Ings or Firmino; it's Ings or Ibe.

And after how isolated Benteke has looked, and how ineffectual Ibe has been, it's a pretty obvious choice IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

On Vlnreo, if they're mostly going long to Fellaini, he should be able to handle that fairly well. He is actually pretty good in the air.
    And if we play fairly deep he shouldn't be exposed too much.

He's still got a **** up in him, but so long as we defend as a team, rather than expect to defend through individual quality, we should be fairly ok against a pretty static Utd attack.

If we allow them to stretch the game, Depay, Mata and the likes will make **** of us though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Gbear wrote: »
    No Lallana, no Coutinho, Origi is still untested, Markovic is gone.

It's not Ings or Firmino; it's Ings or Ibe.

And after how isolated Benteke has looked, and how ineffectual Ibe has been, it's a pretty obvious choice IMO.

True. I not sure a diamond would the way to go as Man Utd would easily have overlaps on the wings. Wouldn't be surprised if Ings is playing on the wing. If so I would play Origi on the wing instead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

The rumoured team today looks quite interesting.

Clyne
    Skrtel
    Lovren
    Gomez

Lucas

Milner
    Can

Firmino

Ben
    Ings

Interesting enough team while looking quite ordinary in places. We really need someone like Firmino to step up and provide some magic.

I agree that Benteke will benefit from a partner. Firmino gets to start in his favoured position. He won't get many of them so he needs to impress if he wants any chance of starting in the middle in the near future again. The three midfielders behind him seem quite suited to a diamond. Lucas as the base, Milner/Can as the runners/engine. I would still prefer Moreno but this game away to United should suit Gomez far better that the previous one given most of his work will probably be defensive. It all looks a fairly balanced team.
    I would be alright with that team (Sakho for Noelvr:rolleyes:, obv) but I would be concerned with Can running out of steam after the hour and us having nobody to replace him.

It's about time to stick someone up top with Benny and get the team set up for Sturridges awesome return:o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement