Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

few pints?

Aye...fairly sure i typed"nearly" but obviously didn't but in saying that wouldn't have minded if you had a read my post and commented on general sentiment of the post but i understand your immediate "shot down" of my post...
    seems to be the norm in this form.
    I always read the post and read between the grammar mistakes and try to get at what some one is trying to discuss...

few pints? yes ..did i mean what i tried to say. **** yeah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭dogbert27

brevity wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/KopWorld

This guy says its Ancelotti. Various pinches of Na required.

Na you say?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

5starpool wrote: »
    If you exclude the games the opposition scored more than us we haven't lost under Rodgers at all.

Lol

Funny thing is Mig has loads of clean sheets. It seems we either keep a clean sheet or tend to concede 2 or 3.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

When did I lie about who I supported? I'm a Celtic fan who has a soft spot for Liverpool.

We won't get into it again but you were shown to be lying when you constantly said "we" in Liverpool threads which swiftly stopped when I called you on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Brod.jpg

Cue lots of people quoting this as an actual Rodgers piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

We won't get into it again but you were shown to be lying when you constantly said "we" in Liverpool threads which swiftly stopped when I called you on it.

You good sir are the bastion of righteousness in this thread.

Plenty of tickets available for today's game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Have to say that Panamera was a black mark against him as well, seriously ugly motor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

I think Brendans time is up, his press conference yesterday had a rather doomed/farewell tone about it. Hopefully a new appointment will be made quickly if FSG do decide to let him go in the next week or two.

I think its time for a new direction anyway, Ive always liked Brendan and Ive always wanted it to work and he did give us that amazing season in 13 but unfortunately he looks like hes completely run out of ideas. Seeing some of the personal abuse he has received online over the last few days from lowlives is absolutely sickening too, he is only human after all. He doesnt deserve that as he has always respected the club and the fans and always done his best for the club even if it isnt good enough anymore. He has given us some good times and has always shown respect and so for as long as hes the Manager he deserves to be shown the same respect back even if his position is untenable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Plenty of tickets available for today's game.

Would we make it over in time for kick off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Gerrard has shown himself to be an self obsessed clown with the extracts from his "new" autobiography. after slating Rafa, now he is having a go at Rodgers.

I always got the impression that both Gerrard and Carra thought that they were bigger than any manager at the club, that they were Liverpool. Rafa IMO fell out with both of them because he was the boss, Brendan licked both their holes, up to last season anyway, poor Bren is getting some kicking off of Stevie now.

P.S. If Stevie was in some people opinions Mr Liverpool, how is it that by publishing this crap, he is sh1tting over the club he claims he was forever loyal to?

Haven't read the book yet (i will do even though i don't agree with it's timing), but Rafa got the best out of Gerrard. He was the one manager who wasn't afraid to admit that Gerrard was not a central midfielder.

Rafa wasn't English and had no loyalty to England and the press slated him for stuff that other managers would get away with.

Just one of the many reasons why i idolise the man. He did what was right for the team and club despite all the bullsh!t that came his way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Head says Ancelotti heart say Klopp gut say someone out of left field will get it get the job on Monday.

Head says Ancelotti heart say Klopp gut say someone out of left field will get it get the job on Monday.

I'd be happy with either.

Even if we win today?

Id say neither will get it. Ancelotti would be my first choice but I think its more likely someone like Frank de Boer will get it.

At this stage though we need someone proven. Frank de boer although a good manager in my opinion who has done great work at Ajax has not done anything with them in Europe

Even if we win today?

If a win or loss (let's forget the draw) dictated whether Ancelloti took over today, what would you choose?

Were being linked with Walter Mazzarri now aswell

monkey9 wrote: »
    If a win or loss (let's forget the draw) dictated whether Ancelloti took over today, what would you choose?

I don't want Ancelotti and have stated as much many times.

• Advertisement

Hes proven and his CV speaks for itself. He is exactly what we need

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Wow!! I'm busted, I used we. Have you reported me? How can I go on using this thread.

We need a change of manager, if nothing else to freshen things up. The whole club seems stale and a new manager would be like a breath of fresh air.

Look, i agree with you on some aspects. I want the club to be built from the bottom up. I want the club to have a philosophy, an identity.

I've no time for the clowns who decided they didn't like his appointment so therefore they would criticise him no matter what and have an agenda. That's their thing.

But i'm looking at Rodgers now and he seems lost. I don't trust him anymore because he clearly doesn't trust himself. This is his fourth season and i have no idea what he's doing because either does he.

He came into the job with great intentions and plans and ideas and now he's throwing darts at the board hoping they'll stick.

Basically, the club has proved to be too big for him and i think he knows that now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

klopp. i just think the man brongs passion - whoch is cpnstantly lacking in liverpool teams over the last few years. ( Suarez and the title run excepted)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Even if we win today?

Winning today changes nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Wow!! I'm busted, I used we. Have you reported me? How can I go on using this thread.

We need a change of manager, if nothing else to freshen things up. The whole club seems stale and a new manager would be like a breath of fresh air.

Why would I report you? I just can't take any of your posts seriously.

• Advertisement

Look, i agree with you on some aspects. I want the club to be built from the bottom up. I want the club to have a philosophy, an identity.

I've no time for the clowns who decided they didn't like his appointment so therefore they would criticise him no matter what and have an agenda. That's their thing.

But i'm looking at Rodgers now and he seems lost. I don't trust him anymore because he clearly doesn't trust himself. This is his fourth season and i have no idea what he's doing because either does he.

He came into the job with great intentions and plans and ideas and now he's throwing darts at the board hoping they'll stick.

Basically, the club has proved to be too big for him and i think he knows that now.

I would swap him Monday morning for some managers, Ancelotti just doesn't fall into that category for me. An impressive CV but it probably should be better when you consider the clubs he has worked with. I just don't feel confident he would come into a club like Liverpool and completely change our fortunes.

I would swap him Monday morning for some managers, Ancelotti just doesn't fall into that category for me. An impressive CV but it probably should be better when you consider the clubs he has worked with. I just don't feel confident he would come into a club like Liverpool and completely change our fortunes.

I absolutely don't trust Ancelotti or Klopp to be the managers they were at other clubs to be like that at Liverpool. I've said it before, i don't expect miracles. But Rodgers isn't the answer anymore. He may well have been at one stage, but it's passed him by.

It's time to cut loose for both Liverpool and Rodgers.

I absolutely don't trust Ancelotti or Klopp to be the managers they were at other clubs to be like that at Liverpool. I've said it before, i don't expect miracles. But Rodgers isn't the answer anymore. He may well have been at one stage, but it's passed him by.

It's time to cut loose for both Liverpool and Rodgers.

That is the main problem, you sack him tonight and who comes in to do a better job for a sustained period of time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Who would you swap him for, just as a matter of interest?

Say no restrictions other than he has to have managed a club in the last 12 months.

And further to that, why would you pick them over the likes of Ancelotti who has proven to be a winner and someone that I, as a United fan, would love to see manage us some day. Personally I wouldn't be 100% convinced by Klopp but Carlo is class through and through imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Surprised people on here aren't talking more about a potential DOF. Suspect FSG will bring in that structure.

• Advertisement

Who would you swap him for, just as a matter of interest?

Say no restrictions other than he has to have managed a club in the last 12 months.

And further to that, why would you pick them over the likes of Ancelotti who has proven to be a winner and someone that I, as a United fan, would love to see manage us some day. Personally I wouldn't be 100% convinced by Klopp but Carlo is class through and through imo.

Unai Emery would be my first choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

It wouldn't take a miracle or a complete change in fortunes to challenge for top 4 and get top 4. Rodgers proved you can do. I know he had Suarez but he did it with 10+ points to spare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

How can people say they don't want ancelotti :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭S. Goodspeed

I look forward to the day again when we have a manager who stands up for the club and his players, treats the tabloid press with the relative contempt it deserves, isn't afraid to call out other managers/clubs and is generally disliked by everyone outside of Anfield. Tactics would be nice too..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Unai Emery would be my first choice.

Why him?

Just had a quick wiki look and there is nothing overly impressive about him really, certainly vs the likes of Carlo.

Anyone else?

That is the main problem, you sack him tonight and who comes in to do a better job for a sustained period of time?

Absolutely, i'm going on Fenway's decision here. Rodgers can stay as far as i'm concerned if they're just going to bring in the likes of AVB.

Nobody here dictates the club's policies. We just want someone better than Rodgers and in fairness he's had plenty of time, but we're now no different to when we lost three nil to West Brom in his first match.

klose wrote: »

I actually don't believe for a second any Liverpool fan would not want him.

Anyway it's not gonna happen

Why him?

Just had a quick wiki look and there is nothing overly impressive about him really, certainly vs the likes of Carlo.

Anyone else?

A proven winner with a lesser club similar to ourselves.

Has worked with a DOF very very successfully.

Has Sevilla playing fantastic football for a long time now.

And would prefer Rodgers to stay instead.

3 league titles in 17 years?
    With PSG, Milan and Chelsea. I'm fairly sure that even Hodgson could have won Ligue 1 with PSG.

• Advertisement

With PSG, Milan and Chelsea. I'm fairly sure that even Hodgson could have won Ligue 1 with PSG.

Plus two European cups and 6 domestic cups.

You're embarrassing yourself now especially since you're championing a man with no honours to his name

If you seriously had the choice to pick Ancelotti, would you do it or just stick with Rodgers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

As opposed to Emery's no league titles in 11 years? So Carlo Ancelotti, one of the most respected and sought after managers in world football is not good enough for you?

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Plus two European cups and 6 domestic cups.

You're embarrassing yourself now especially since you're championing a man with no honours to his name

Emery has no honours to his name?

Lads ye can debate it all you like but the fact is Ancelloti has never been at a club like ours and I have serious reservations as to whether he could turn things around or not.

If you seriously had the choice to pick Ancelotti, would you do it or just stick with Rodgers?

Much of a muchness imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Much of a muchness imo.

The shark has truly been jumped. Mother of God!

Much of a muchness imo.

Jaysis!!

Suffice it to say, i'd go with Ancelotti.

I have said I don't see Ancelotti turning around our fortunes.

This is all a pointless discussion because Ancelotti would have no interest anyway. He could wait til the summer and take the Bayern job and stroll to more league titles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I have said I don't see Ancelotti turning around our fortunes.

They don't need to be turned around they just need to be improved. They are not that far behind. It's already proved it can be done.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement