Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

We showed something there. A bit of life in the team, there's a glimmer of hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

So Lucas is done, eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

A good win although I'm not sure why Villa waited until we scored 2 to wake up.

We still are unable to control a game which worries me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Sturridge is BACK! :)

He may keep Rodgers in a job :(;)

Well a great second half for the neutral but a bit too heart stopping for me at times. I really don't see how Can can be seen as a long term solution to a defending problem and that sort of thing is why Rodgers will remain under scrutiny.

I would love to see Can grow in to a great great player but he is a liability every time he on the pitch never seems aware of what is happening around him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Missed the game thanks to some bull****, how did we play? Looks like a close one. Obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

If you discount the goals we have conceded in all our games we are top of the league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Emre Can was embarrassing for their 1st goal today. Dreadful awareness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

magma69 wrote: »
    We showed something there. A bit of life in the team, there's a glimmer of hope.

Ings and Sturridge could be a lethal partnership with Coutinho behind them. It's crazy what an effect Sturridge has on this team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

I was probably the biggest critic of Danny Ings signing on here over the summer. In fairness he has really surprised me, he actually looks like a player

Grayditch wrote: »
    Missed the game thanks to some bull****, how did we play? Looks like a close one. Obviously.

The scoreline flatters Villa.

• Advertisement

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    I was probably the biggest critic of Danny Ings signing on here over the summer. In fairness he has really surprised me, he actually looks like a player

I think there's a lesson to be learned here..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

If you discount the fact that there's other teams in the league, we would comfortably win this year.

We played OK. A bit like a teenage boy about to lose his virginity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,298 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Bar 2 brain farts it wasn't close at all. Delighted with that first time in a while I enjoyed a liverpool game.

If we can beat Everton next we may get our season back on track yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

So Lucas is done, eh?

Every time he gets written off he puts in a performance like that. Immense today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

great to see Sturridge back. It was pretty obvious he was out of steam at the end of the game but he was still involved in lots. Cant wait till he's back to 100% fitness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Every time he gets written off he puts in a performance like that. Immense today.

He didn't even get booked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Yayyyyyy.

Christ I wanted to stab Can in his stupidly hansome face.
    He actually had a pretty good game - he was doing the whole supporting midfielder from CB thing that you'd expect from Hummels, Pique or what have you, but his effort to defend Gestede's goal was just so ****ing stupid and lazy there's really no excusing it.

Short of kidnapping his extended family and threatening them with violence I don't know what you can do to make a footballer do something so utterly basic like follow the CF that's standing right beside him in plain view when a cross is coming into the box.
    And then he put's his stupid arms up as if it's all some big ****ing mystery.:mad:

Their 2nd goal was grand. Sometimes you get a very good cross, the CF gets a run at you and ****it, it can happen to anyone.
    But you don't want to be where we are, after so much ****e, and somehow contrive to make what should be routine and confidence boosting into a borderline disaster.

Better going forward in the 2nd half and it's nice to see Dan get a few goals after so long, and a frankly ****ty uninvolved and timid performance up until then.

All in all, meh. No matter what happens, there's a malaise at the club and in the team that can't be dispelled overnight, even if you replace the manager. Hopefully just hanging on to a win and your top striker getting a few goals will help.

Rodgers could probably still go at any time. He owes the club about 2 wins before his head comes back off the chopping block for the time being.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,492 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

That scoreline makes Villa look like they were in this. What I liked the most about today was fact that the ball never was more than 6 inches off the ground while in Liverpool possession. We passed and played some great one touch football, Just Ed was look to get his two goals for Villa. They were against run of play and it's hard to defend against a big runt of a player who is great in the air.
    We could have had 6 today easily !

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

If you discount the goals we have conceded in all our games we are top of the league

Someone insert the cartman/Scott tenorman picture here please.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

We're back!

B-Rod is back!

Sturridge is back!

Our Year!

Rejoice in that victory lads, I'm away off to a wedding, have a good one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Charlie19 wrote: »
    He didn't even get booked.

He absolutely deserved one towards the end, but he used his usual Jedi mind trick to make the Ref forget about booking him after he gave Villa advantage.

I don't know how he does it.

I guess he's just a really nice man and nobody wants to be do anything that might make him sad.
    It feels like refs have to restrain themselves from tussling his hair when he gives away a foul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

our best defender :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

That scoreline makes Villa look like they were in this. What I liked the most about today was fact that the ball never was more than 6 inches off the ground while in Liverpool possession. We passed and played some great one touch football, Just Ed was look to get his two goals for Villa. They were against run of play and it's hard to defend against a big runt of a player who is great in the air.
    We could have had 6 today easily !

Villas second goal was pretty much unstoppable but Lucas should have stopped the cross on the first one, He was very good today tho which surprised me to be honest.

City conceded 6 goals in last two games
    It's a funny olde league
    Those things make Rodgers plight understandable
    Fine margins
    Should of been clear of Arsenal at half time
    Deserved to beat Norwich

• Advertisement

I posted last week we have a decent squad who can get top 4, all we need is a top manager to come in and sort out the defence first and foremost and we will finish in the top 4 this season. It has to be done as quickly as possible or the chance will be gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,954 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

We played well today, I absolutely love watching Sturridge do well.

Still think the formation was a problem. It's a formation that allows the opponents a lot of space on the wings. Villa, with Gestede up top, are a crossing team. Both their goals came from crosses.

Same personel in a 442 would be so much better.

7th in the league and 5pts off the top, make the change FSG and let the fans dream of what could happen.

7th in the league and 5pts off the top, make the change FSG and let the fans dream of what could happen.

If the change is Gary Monk or some Italian I've never heard of I'd rather give
    Rodgers till Christmas

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Nailed on for top 3 and manager of the year for Rodgers now.

Definitely on the boom part of the cycle!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Your a broken record at this stage. We won today and played well, two games until the break he should be kept till then now anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,954 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

He won't get sacked after a win. Rodgers will be gone after his next poor result I'd say. (unless we win the next 10 or so before that)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

If the change is Gay Monk or some Italian I've never heard of I'd rather give
    Rodgers till Christmas
    A gay monk? That'd give the press something else to write about!

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Sturridge took his goals superbly and goodness they've been missed, though it was noticeable how he looked after himself throughout the game - understandable but not something we'd want to see for long, Ings didn't score but was my man of the match with Lucas a massive amount of selfless work done off the ball.

Playing three at the back remains a curious pointless strategy for me, Can is so poor when he gets isolated at right back and when he receives at ball in the 18 yard area and has to deal with it quickly. So why play the system? Moreno and Clyne can still be attacking full backs as they are wing backs.

So a win is a win but a 3-2 home win against Villa is not enough to end the scrutiny of Rodgers tenure.

Its not going to happen.

He won't get sacked after a win. Rodgers will be gone after his next poor result I'd say. (unless we win the next 10 or so before that)

Oh I agree he's a dead man walking but the change should be made as soon as possible.

I don't see why he wouldn't get sacked after a win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Was just thinking to myself that it's alright, everything is alright, the struggle is finished with that victory and I love B-Rod.

brevity wrote: »

When did that last happen?

https://twitter.com/LFCNY/status/647808863606022144

Lucas Leiva won 11/11 tackles today and was 100/108 passing. That is f*€king boss.

• Advertisement

When did that last happen?

Del Bosque

Del Bosque

And at a normal club?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

brevity wrote: »

It depends if the decision has already been made or not. Rumours (yes, I know) that it was done but wouldn't be announced until payoff had been agreed. I don't really buy that version, but it is plausible. I think personally he has bought some time - just. If we play vs Sion with just one up front again or something and are back to the same crap then it'll be all doom and gloom again though.

A derby defeat will still put a lot of pressure on though next weekend, but if he survives that far and we get a draw or better next weekend then who knows.

I still don't think he'll turn it around long term, but I'd love if we did and there wasn't the need for another total rebuilding exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Fair play to you. I was probably his biggest defender but understand why people were skeptical. With my da being a burnley fan I have a keen interest in them so would have seen a lot more of ings than most and I could put a bit of context to his stats as his early career stages at Burnley were marred by injury and then being a young lad behind Charlie Austin. He is a great option for us to have and his attitude makes him a player that fans will warm to. His style of play also suits playing alongside a front man. Burnley always played 2 up top but could get by with that due to the shift ings puts in.

And at a normal club?

Keep moving those goalposts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Why do you Keep moving those goalposts?

Need something he understands.

What if there is no crisis?
    That is the problem
    Look at Chelsea
    Sack Rodgers after 6 games?
    Crazy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The club can't move on like this really win a game or two and he saves his job lose a few and his job is on the line.

It's over for Brendan it's time for FSG now to pull the trigger and bring in an experienced manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I fear that a few posters on this forum will become like this lad on Monday when they hear that Rodgers isn't sacked :pac:

falling-down_5.jpg

• Advertisement

Keep moving those goalposts

Keep dodging the answer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement