Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

The club can't move on like this really win a game or two and he saves his job lose a few and his job is on the line.

It's over for Brendan it's time for FSG now to pull the trigger and bring in an experienced manager.

Losing is not a problem, the manner of the defeats to West Ham, utd stoke etc that is the real problem.
    If the level of performance improves, he could very well survive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

danny ings lads,love his attitude and drive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

If he's kept on, he'd really have to get it right a lot more and string an impressive run together, to make me disregard last season and some of the performances from this one.

To be honest, I'm very wary of having a manager that can look as lost as he has done. Happy we won. Fair play to him and the squad, but I'd still like to consider another manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,954 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Keep dodging the answer.

He answered you though, then you changed the question.

You ask too many questions.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

No idea if this is a real quote or not, but apparently at the post match press conference this was said:
    Brendan Rodgers "there's a group of people who don't want me here behind the scenes"

Reporter: "What do you mean by group? Commentators, people who talk about the cub?"

Rodgers: "No, I'm talking about people outside here"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭doc_17

Good to get the win but Villa barely attacked yet scored two goals. Worrying stuff, especially from the usual culprits. But onwards and hopefully upwards. If Sturridge stays fit Rodgers has a chance of getting up top 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I am only seeing bit of this in quotes on here.

The last manager to get sacked after a win that I remember had a record of 8 wins and 1 draw in his last 9 games of the season.

Nigel Pearson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭6am7f9zxrsjvnb

I posted last week we have a decent squad who can get top 4, all we need is a top manager to come in and sort out the defence first and foremost and we will finish in the top 4 this season. It has to be done as quickly as possible or the chance will be gone.

Which one of Arsenal, City or United do you see losing out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

The last manager to get sacked after a win that I remember had a record of 8 wins and 1 draw in his last 9 games of the season.

Nigel Pearson

What about a club that's not Leicester?

Turtyturd wrote: »

Carlo Ancelotti :P

Won 9 and drew 1 of his last 10 games at Madrid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Turtyturd wrote: »

Well if you disregard all the other clubs in the league there is only Leicester so your answer makes no sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I missed the match but from what i can see attack was on form which is great

Nice to see our defence being consistent too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Tipsy and Caovyn are going to war again.

Lad's, let's just bail and enjoy the actual victory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

monkey9 wrote: »

tumblr_maw3dluxwq1ra8x0no1_500.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Nigel Pearson

Ah but he's right handed, when was the last time a left handed manager was sacked after a win?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Lucas wrote:
    We wanted to win for the manager. We know what has been said about him and I think we showed we are a group of players behind him and trying to make everything right. The pressure is on him but we wanted to play the way he wanted us to play and I think we did that.

Class act on and off the pitch today. I'd love if his performance today presaged a return to being able to be what we know he's capable of for a full 90.

Just realised Sturridge was our third longest playing player in the starting line up today, only Lucas and Skrtel ahead of him.

Just realised Sturridge was our third longest playing player in the starting line up today, only Lucas and Skrtel ahead of him.

To think Barrett confirmed last night that Rodgers didn't even want him at the club and now he is relying on Sturridge to save his job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I think one has to measure Sturridge by games not time! :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

monkey9 wrote: »

Trust me, nobody here enjoyed that victory more than me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Well, at this early stage of the season, Chelsea are looking most vulnerable. They're struggling and look quite dire tbh, and its up to us to push and grab as many points as possible to take advantage of this.

Ah but he's right handed, when was the last time a left handed manager was sacked after a win?

I think you will find that Pearson is ambidextrous and can fight off wolfs with both his bare hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

To think Barrett confirmed last night that Rodgers didn't even want him at the club and now he is relying on Sturridge to save his job.

Not sure how that is particularly relevant tho. If anything it makes a mockery of the theory that he punishes players signed that he didn't want. If they're good enough they become integral parts of the team... (tho I believe the answer is somewhere in the middle and that he favours the players he signed but isn't playing politics, he just thinks they're better and will prove it - rightly or wrongly).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Arsenal & City will finish in the top 4, United are not great but will dig out wins, Chelsea are in crisis mode. If we hire a decent manager I see no reason why we can't finish ahead of Chelsea or United.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Not sure how that is particularly relevant tho. If anything it makes a mockery of the theory that he punishes players signed that he didn't want. If they're good enough they become integral parts of the team... (tho I believe the answer is somewhere in the middle and that he favours the players he signed but isn't playing politics, he just thinks they're better and will prove it - rightly or wrongly).

It makes one wonder about his judgement of players, now with Sturridge he'd not be the only one to have questioned Danny's ability/temperament but clearly the scouts knew better than the manager and then he had to accept the signing against his wishes anyway - which is wrong on both counts really. Luckily even Rodgers couldn't pretend he doesn't score goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Couldn't watch the game today because I'm not a real fan.

****ing delighted to hear the result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Rodgers is quite unlucky as well though in fairness or maybe the team is, did villa have two shots today and two goals. Utd had 3 shots and 3 goals at old trafford. Fit sturridge and bit of luck and they will fly up the table.

Pyjamarama wrote: »

Rodgers was hired partly because he was someone who was supposed to have a record of improving player.

He didn't seem to give most of the players he didn't pick a chance this is at detriment of the first team over his ego.

Feels good to have some strikers again. Having the three of them fighting for two starting positions should give them some good motivation too. Origi as a fourth isn't half and either.

• Advertisement

2 points off 3rd place and people want the manager sacked. The delusion is strong :)

What do you think delusion means?

2 points off 3rd place and people want the manager sacked. The delusion is strong :)

One win against a relegation candidate after a nightmare start to the season following on from a nightmare end to the last and everything is dandy again.

That's delusion.

One win against a relegation candidate after a nightmare start to the season following on from a nightmare end to the last and everything is dandy again.

That's delusion.

Did I say everything was OK? I don't recall saying that.

Did I say everything was OK? I don't recall saying that.

Stop being a plank.

Stop being a plank.

That's not a nice thing to say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

happy with result today and performance has improved , Danny back and dancing will paper over a lot of cracks in the club.

re Rodgers future at the club ,it stops the rot but would not increase his standing with me , Villa at home a win is pretty much a requirement for a club of our standing

Lets see the tempo of play over the next few weeks and a few more good results before we declare the crisis over

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Messi after doing he's knee ligaments. Out for 6-8 weeks!

Just a reminder. Before today, Villa have lost at Anfield twice since 2006.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

And how often have West Ham won there in the last 30 years?

• Advertisement

You're constantly looking to simplify things. People have written lots about what they think is wrong instead of pointing at the table and saying either "That's good" or "That's bad".

Don't come back to me with a loaded question, you can just make a point based on what you wanna say, as the to-and-froing doesn't seem to actually end up going anywhere.

People are saying they want either Klopp or Ancelotti. You said yourself you'd take Emery right now, and saying "well it's not gonna happen, so it doesn't matter" doesn't make you any better or smarter a fan than them.

The chip on your shoulder is actually ridiculous, at times.

Why do you think that's relevant?

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Swarlez

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    And how often have West Ham won there in the last 30 years?

to be fair, west ham have beaten Man city and arsenal away also, they seem perfectly set up to counter.

I'm not saying that win erases everything thats gone before, fsr from it, but at least it was a decent attacking performance. Hopefully we can build from here.

City lost and Chelsea are losing so everything is hunky dory at Liverpool.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

José may be available soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

There'd be posters on here who wouldn't want us to get Jose as his record is with big clubs, like Ancelotti, who obviously wouldn't have a clue what to do at a club like Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

brevity wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/LFCNY/status/647808863606022144

Lucas Leiva won 11/11 tackles today and was 100/108 passing. That is f*€king boss.

BOSS

CP2P6aGW8AAypKv.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

We don't losers at the club, get McClaren in

1. Can't stand Mourinho
    2. Never gonna happen.
    3. I'd totally be into it.
    4. Never gonna happen.

Jose for two seasons then sack him as soon as we win the title.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement