Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,954 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Feels weird that it may be Chelsea we need to finish ahead of to get 4th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

That's what Spurs though :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Rodgers was hired partly because he was someone who was supposed to have a record of improving player.

He didn't seem to give most of the players he didn't pick a chance this is at detriment of the first team over his ego.

I'm not defending some of his selections, you simply can't defend picking Dejan over Sakho, but I think the whole "his ego" thing is rubbish. Of course he has an ego, so does every manager. It doesn't make him right but at the same time he's hardly going to pick players who he feels are inferior. I think its his right as the manager to pick the side he sees fit and if its not good enough, which it hasn't been, then he should get the bullet.

And in fairness I think he's improved plenty of players. Hard to doubt he improved Sterling, Sturridge and Suarez for a start. Suarez was great before Rodgers came here but he became a truely all time great under his stewardship and I don't think its just a coincidence. Rodgers made him the fulcrum of the team and by all accounts Suarez gives him tons of credit with helping him reach the heights he has.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Just a reminder. Before today, Villa have lost at Anfield twice since 2006.

Just a reminder. Before today we had taken more points from Villa in the premier league era than against any other team.

After today that hasn't changed.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Just a reminder. Before today, Villa have lost at Anfield twice since 2006.

Also, what happened before 2006? I think this was an argument used by others yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

punk_one82 wrote: »
    Ings and Sturridge could be a lethal partnership with Coutinho behind them. It's crazy what an effect Sturridge has on this team.
    Or actually playing two up front, we've only done it when Sturridge is available. Forwards playing as wingback seems to have a negative effect on the team performance for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I didn't read back the thread to see the reaction from today will do it later and post accordingly.

All I'll say is that from being at the game, seeing the fans welcome the team and rodgers in particular, they are fully behind the manager.

The noise from the Kop was amazing and it was great to see us play some very good football.
    We could have scored at least 5 today.
    Oh yeah BRENDAN says hi to his fans,

NbA5cp4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

We really are the worst fans in the world.

What formation did we have today and did it change through the game?

I won't see the game till 10 tonight:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

I didn't read bsck the thread to see the reaction from today will do it later and post accordingly.

All I'll say is that from being at the game, seeing the fans welcome the team and rodgers in particular, they are fully behind the manager.

The noise from the Kop was amazing and it was great to see us play some very good football.

But not all the tickets were sold, the fans don't want him there. Don't all the fans want him out?

Oh, I just don't know what to think anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

But not all the tickets were sold, the fans don't want him there. Don't all the fans want him out?

Oh, I just don't know what to think anymore.

Do you think the amount of tickets that were sold has anything to do with the post you quoted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Feels good to have some strikers again. Having the three of them fighting for two starting positions should give them some good motivation too. Origi as a fourth isn't half and either.

Delighted with the win to start with.

Even in last weeks game, there was an obvious difference with Sturridge on the pitch. Just brings a level of quality that we haven't seen in that position this season.

Ings is also proving to be quite an astute buy. Delighted with his work rate and you can see that he is desperate to make it at the club. I desperately hope that he keeps getting his chance.

Back to Sturrige though. It is highly likely that he will get injured again in coming months. He is a luxury that I like having but you can't depend on him. I like Benteke as a player but he is never going to give us what Sturridge can.

That in itself raises some very difficult questions around our attacking singings over the last 18 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

We're only 3 points ahead of Chelsea. They themselves are only 8 points off the top spot. Everything is all to play for and I'd be shocked if Chelsea struggle in anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

BOSS

CP2P6aGW8AAypKv.png

Yeah that's all well and good But it was only Villa "Relegation Candidate"

Quality of streams has improved wonderfully in the last 12 months :)

Some really good first touch football today, ings well able for it, unreal workrate too. The other Danny does seem to be minding himself but I said a few times that he has plenty to his game and is more than able to adapt to father time taking his pace. I woukdnt be at all against the idea of him doing less running etc if it helped keep him free of injuries, his positional sense, dribbling skills, trickery, strength and shot power with pace when needed make him the complete striker, I couldn't care less if he became tactically lazy at times once he's getting the ball in the onion bag regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

Rodgers for President!

• Advertisement

I didn't read bsck the thread to see the reaction from today will do it later and post accordingly.

Lovely to hear :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

There'd be posters on here who wouldn't want us to get Jose as his record is with big clubs, like Ancelotti, who obviously wouldn't have a clue what to do at a club like Liverpool.

You've jumped to a very strange conclusion there.

I wouldn't want Jose within an asses roar of the club but not for that reason.

I'm sure you realise that though.

We really are the worst fans in the world.

What formation did we have today and did it change through the game?

I won't see the game till 10 tonight:eek:

3-4-1-2 and Can was rcb but was playing a lot further forward than the other 2. Clyne and Moreno supplied the width which left a lot of space for villa.

Think Rodgers changed it very late on when he subbed Sturridge. Oh and while Ings did support Sturridge he also helped a lot in midfield, he some horse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

But not all the tickets were sold,

Yes there were loads for sale today on the official website, what's that have to do with anything?
    the fans don't want him there

The majority don't, there has been a massive backlash in the last couple of weeks that you must have missed.
    Don't all the fans want him out?

No, you really need to keep up with things.

jpboard1 wrote: »
    Rodgers for Taoiseach!

Fyp

• Advertisement

2 points off 3rd place and people want the manager sacked. The delusion is strong :)

I can't bare this crap anymore. I have you on ignore but people keep quoting you!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Fcuking yes, can finally watch match of the day again tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,298 ✭✭✭✭rob316

The players are fully behind rodgers too, this notion that he has lost the dressing room is tripe.

I still think the run of away games coming up will be too much for him and he won't survive. I'm for a managerial upgrade but if he is getting wins I'm not arsed who the manager is.

It will take a win at Everton and Spurs to really take the pressure off again. Hopefully the players and manager can rise to the ocassion.

rob316 wrote: »
    The players are fully behind rodgers too, this notion that he has lost the dressing room is tripe.

I still think the run of away games coming up will be too much for him and he won't survive. I'm for a managerial upgrade but if he is getting wins I'm not arsed who the manager is.

It will take a win at Everton and Spurs to really take the pressure off again. Hopefully the players and manager can rise to the ocassion.

Should be 6 points there we have a bigger budget than both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

An important 3 points today and delighted Sturridge doesn't have the same rustyness as last season.

Ultimately I think Rodgers time is up and his quotes after the game today you would easily mix them up with the deluded Brendan Twitter account.

But those 3 points will help the new gaffer build a challenge for top 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Delighted with today's result, huge sense of relief when the final whistle blew, just expected us to do something stupid right till the end. I've given up all hope that Rodgers is the man to improve the team but i'll enjoy a win every time.

redzerdrog wrote: »
    An important 3 points today and delighted Sturridge doesn't have the same rustyness as last season.

Ultimately I think Rodgers time is up and his quotes after the game today you would easily mix them up with the deluded Brendan Twitter account.

But those 3 points will help the new gaffer build a challenge for top 4

I can't see him being sacked for the foreseeable future. We just need to get behind him.

I can't bare this crap anymore. I have you on ignore but people keep quoting you!!!!

If you have me on ignore why try and converse with me? Could someone quote this for me please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

I can't see him being sacked for the foreseeable future. We just need to get behind him.

Ya would love to see all fans get behind the manager and leave it to the owners to decide when his time is up. Its not a proud moment as a Liverpool fan when you see fellow fans calling for a sacking.

Makes perfect sense.

The supporters yknow actually supporting the club, players and manager.

• Advertisement

Ya would love to see all fans get behind the manager and leave it to the owners to decide when his time is up. Its not a proud moment as a Liverpool fan when you see fellow fans calling for a sacking.

Maybe not but when you know it's for the good of the club it takes the edge off it.

Maybe not but when you know it's for the good of the club it takes the edge off it.

But it's not. You have no idea if the new man comes in and does a better job.

You will only know for sure in hindsight tho, its not a certainty that his leaving will improve results.

When something doesn't work you don't just stick with it for fear of the unknown

Could someone quote this for me please?

When something doesn't work you don't just stick with it for fear of the unknown

So you change and things go wrong? Same situation next year so just continue repeating the same mistakes.

I'm absolutely delighted with the performance today aswell as the result. I have no doubts this will be turned around and there will be plenty of posters with egg on their face come May.

We are 2 points off 4th. Its very early in the season.

But it's not. You have no idea if the new man comes in and does a better job.

So never sack anyone ever? Ok.

Turtyturd wrote: »

Going to take me a break from posting on this forum for a few weeks me thinks.

• Advertisement

So you change and things go wrong? Same situation next year so just continue repeating the same mistakes.

I'm absolutely delighted with the performance today aswell as the result. I have no doubts this will be turned around and there will be plenty of posters with egg on their face come May.
    youve been saying that for quite a while now, the date keeps getting pushed further back.

youve been saying that for quite a while now, the date keeps getting pushed further back.

I haven't said that once, ever. Stop making things up.

I would just call for patience, when the owners have had enough they will act swiftly as they have in the past. We take pride in the Liverpool way of standing behind the manager in times of trouble, let's not let ourselves down now, stand behind Brendan, you have nothing to lose.

We are 2 points off 4th. Its very early in the season.

Exactly, it's very early in the season, our league position doesn't mean much. Performances have been shìt for quite a while now though.

Going to take me a break from posting on this forum for a few weeks me thinks.

anigif_original-grid-image-10746-1418850208-5.gif

Exactly, it's very early in the season, our league position doesn't mean much. Performances have been shìt for quite a while now though.

Give me 38 **** performances every season if it results in the league title.

• Advertisement

Has 38 sh!t performances ever resulted in a league title?

Plenty of teams have won the league title with only shìt performances if you exclude all the good ones.

We are not going to replace the manager based on 6 performances. The whole back room team has just been replaced. We have spent big in the transfer window. We have to support the team and the manager. If you look at other teams: City, have started falling apart, Chelsea very poor start. Spurs, not lighting up the world. Arsenal, similar. The only team that are really performing are United.

Do you never tire of trying to be funny and failing miserably?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I would just call for patience, when the owners have had enough they will act swiftly as they have in the past. We take pride in the Liverpool way of standing behind the manager in times of trouble, let's not let ourselves down now, stand behind Brendan, you have nothing to lose.

Complete and utter bull. Why didn't the club stand behind Kenny after delivering a cup? Or Rafa after making us the most feared team in Europe?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement