Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Do you never tire of trying to be funny and failing miserably?

Will you ever answer the question?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,954 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

jpboard1 wrote: »
    We are not going to replace the manager based on 6 performances. The whole back room team has just been replaced. We have spent big in the transfer window. We have to support the team and the manager. If you look at other teams: City, have started falling apart, Chelsea very poor start. Spurs, not lighting up the world. Arsenal, similar. The only team that are really performing are United.

I'm so so sick of people spouting this "only 6 games in" crap. We've been useless for a lot longer than that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Complete and utter bull. Why didn't the club stand behind Kenny after delivering a cup?

I think the majority of the fans were hoping Kenny would be kept on tho, I know I was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I think the majority of the fans were hoping Kenny would be kept on tho, I know I was.

Can you give me one good reason why Rodgers should remain as manager?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

I'm so so sick of people spouting this "only 6 games in" crap. We've been useless for a lot longer than that!

Yes but they backed him with new signings and a new coaching staff 7 games ago. They are going to give him time. Otherwise they would have got rid of him before doing all that. Getting rid of him now makes no sense.

Last season is a closed chapter after all the changes that went on over the summer. Its gonna take time for new players and coaching staff to gel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Amen.

It's like last season was in some way useful.

It's a year and six games plus three trasnfer windows since we last competed as a top-four team, and at least 6 months since we even played as one. Long enough for Rodgers to resolve the issues.

The probelm is, he doesn't even seem to know they exist - and no amoutn fo games will change this.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,932 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Last season is a closed chapter after all the changes that went on over the summer. Its gonna take time for new players and coaching staff to gel.

So is the runner up season a closed chapter as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

We've been waiting on this side to gel for the past 2 years and we're still sh*te. I'm sick of this 'in transition' bollocks that Rodgers and his supporters spout. He's had 4 years and has done very little to make us a much better side than we were when he took over. His time is up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Is this saying on some Plaque in Anfield?

I hear it as much as YNWA

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

His time is up.

According to who?

I could give you plenty but you prob heard them all before.

My point is we should aspire to be Liverpool fans and stick by the manager unless things are completely fuked, right now we are 7 games in and 3 points off third, people need to keep calm.

According to who?

Me.

We've been waiting on this side to gel for the past 2 years and we're still sh*te. I'm sick of this 'in transition' bollocks that Rodgers and his supporters spout. He's had 4 years, has done very little to make us a much better side than we were when he took over. His time is up.

Forget about the transition argument. A decision was made during the summer. People were fired and others were hired(at huge expense). Its not even October. You can't change your mind on a decision that big so soon. That would be extremely poor management on the part of the owners.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I think we need to replace him, but one good reason for arguing otherwise is that a new manager will definitely take time to build their own squad and be in transition.

I know (and agree) with the counter arguments, but that is still a good reason for thinking we should not change. It's all about opinions though as always.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

If you have me on ignore why try and converse with me? Could someone quote this for me please?

I think it was more a plea to stop posting garbage rather than an attempt to converse with you.

I think it was more a plea to stop posting garbage rather than an attempt to converse with you.

If you ignore all his awful posts though he's a great poster.

Forget about the transition argument. A decision was made during the summer. People were fired and others were hired(at huge expense). Its not even October. You can't change your mind on a decision that big so soon. That would be extremely poor management on the part of the owners.

Pascoe and the rest of the team shouldn't have been given the sack. It's clear now that they weren't the problem; the man above them was/is.

And they absolutely can change their mind if they see fit. It was a bad idea to keep him on this season, but at least they can rectify that now by firing him.

Me.

Hahahaha, amazing.

Get on the blower to John Henry and tell him it's time to sack the manager because you say so. Or better yet, just tweet him.

• Advertisement

Feel free to report any of my posts you consider "garbage".

If you have me on ignore why try and converse with me? Could someone quote this for me please?

Feel free to report any of my posts you consider "garbage".

Don't shoot the messenger, and don't think I feel I need your permission for that either.

5starpool wrote: »
    I think we need to replace him, but one good reason for arguing otherwise is that a new manager will definitely take time to build their own squad and be in transition.

I know (and agree) with the counter arguments, but that is still a good reason for thinking we should not change. It's all about opinions though as always.

But Rodgers is using that excuse every season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

The revisionist myopic attitude of some has reached a new low if they think Kenny had us going in the right direction. Carroll , Downing , Charlie adam? Wise up.

The revisionist myopic attitude of some has reached a new low if they think Kenny had us going in the right direction. Carroll , Downing , Charlie adam? Wise up.

But he signed Suarez, performances don't matter because of that.

• Advertisement

Why don't you read his post about the Liverpool way of backing the manager in times of trouble. Kenny won a cup by the way Rodgers has won fcuk all.

Why don't you read his post about the Liverpool way of backing the manager in times of trouble. Kenny won a cup by the way Rodgers has won fcuk all.

So if Rodgers stays in charge, finishes 8th but wins the Milk cup you'll say he's good to stay for another season ?

We've been waiting on this side to gel for the past 2 years and we're still sh*te. I'm sick of this 'in transition' bollocks that Rodgers and his supporters spout. He's had 4 years and has done very little to make us a much better side than we were when he took over. His time is up.

4 years? we are in transition tho, new players new staff now, it would have been more acceptable to sack rogers in the summer. I'm sick of the fans that call for a managers head 6 games into a new season.

But he signed Suarez, performances don't matter because of that.

Are you criticising Kenny because of the performance of the team under him?

Pascoe and the rest of the team shouldn't have been given the sack. It's clear now that they weren't the problem; the man above them was/is.

And they absolutely can change their mind if they see fit. It was a bad idea to keep him on this season, but at least they can rectify that now by firing him.

How do you know?

• Advertisement

4 years? we are in transition tho, new players new staff now, it would have been more acceptable to sack rogers in the summer. I'm sick of the fans that call for a managers head 6 games into a new season.

I wanted him gone in the summer. I still want him gone. New signings, new backroom team etc. doesn't change the fact that I think he's a poor manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Negative_G

Long time lurker here, barely post in the thread but in general enjoy the discussion and varying points of view.

However, over the last week or so reading the thread has become incredibly irritating, with one poster specifically who seems to be going out of their way to continually disrupt the the flow of discussion and repeat the same rhetoric ad naseum. I've never had to use the block feature before today but I suggest those having a similar experience use the same.

Pleased with the result today. Positive and encouraging in attack but still poor at the back. Credit to Lucas who had a great game I thought.

How do you know?

How do I know what?

5starpool wrote: »
    Are you criticising Kenny because of the performance of the team under him?

Nope, he came in and did a fine job steadying the ship but he shouldn't have got the 2nd season. That summer was the time to go and grab a top manager and throw the world at him to sign for us.

Tactically he was a dinosaur, in the media he was embarrassing. He was completely out of his depth and it showed.

I feel as though I've been through this before and everyone jumped on me for abusing a club legend. These comments are based on his performance recently, not his performances on the pitch and as the manager in the 80s, this isn't me abusing him on a personal level. This isn't me ****ting on his legacy.

This is me giving my opinion on his 2nd run as manager.

I wanted him gone in the summer. I still want him gone. New signings, new backroom team etc. doesn't change the fact that I think he's a poor manager.

Did you think he was a poor manager in late April 2014?

How do you know?

Did you think he was a poor manager in late April 2014?

No, but that's a long time ago and is also totally irrelevant to my post. Thanks for trying to send me on yet another one of your detours Caovyn.

How do you know?

We were **** last season with Pascoe and the rest. We are **** this season without Pascoe and the rest.

That's how I know.

No, but that's a long time ago and is also totally irrelevant to my post. Thanks for trying to send me on yet another one of your detours Caovyn.

So he was a great manager in 2014 and now he's crap? Okie doke, we'll leave it there so.

If your on about my post here, then you have totally missed my point, and I would prefer if you would not poorly parafrase my posts in such a gleeful manner.

• Advertisement

Starting to think Caovyn is actually just the world's best troll.

So he was a great manager in 2014 and now he's crap? Okie doke, we'll leave it there so.

Where did he say Rodgers was a great manager in April 2014?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

We were **** last season with Pascoe and the rest. We are **** this season without Pascoe and the rest.

That's how I know.

Ugghh... sure we were **** last season with Coutinho and Henderson in the team and have been the same this season. Sell them both sure.

That's how I know.

We are currently 2 points off 4th. I think even the most optimistic fan would be happy enough if we got 4th this season.

If after all the hiring and firing and the money spent in the summer, they turned around and fired the manager before September is even over, I think there would be a far bigger problem at the club.

Starting to think Caovyn is actually just the world's best troll.

That's an outlandish accusation.

No I thought he was a good manager then, and I don't think he's a good manager now.

But thanks for trying to misquote me there.

Okie dokie we'll ignore you now so.

That's an outlandish accusation.

Based on your posts it's fairly reasonable I'd say

Nope, he came in and did a fine job steadying the ship but he shouldn't have got the 2nd season. That summer was the time to go and grab a top manager and throw the world at him to sign for us.

Tactically he was a dinosaur, in the media he was embarrassing. He was completely out of his depth and it showed.

I feel as though I've been through this before and everyone jumped on me for abusing a club legend. These comments are based on his performance recently, not his performances on the pitch and as the manager in the 80s, this isn't me abusing him on a personal level. This isn't me ****ting on his legacy.

This is me giving my opinion on his 2nd run as manager.

We did really well under him in the half season he had after he took over. If he was got rid of then, there would have been uproar from the club. The first half of the season after was pretty good too until it fell apart after losing at home to Arsenal in late Feb I think when the players seemed to give up in the league games nearly.

Him being rude to the media didn't bother me at all, f*ck them. Aside from the last few months, the performances under Kenny were no worse than the last 13 months under Rodgers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

No I thought he was a good manager then, and I don't think he's a good manager now.

But thanks for trying to misquote me there.

Okie dokie we'll ignore you now so.

He's still a good manager, he's not doing a good job tho. In the same way that sometimes a players time has come to move on but it doesn't make them bad its the same with Rodgers. He's allowed circumstances to have to big of an adverse effect on the team. I'd be shocked if he doesn't do a good job in his next appointment.

• Advertisement

We are currently 2 points off 4th. I think even the most optimistic fan would be happy enough if we got 4th this season.

If after all the hiring and firing and the money spent in the summer, they turned around and fired the manager before September is even over, I think there would be a far bigger problem at the club.

We've also lost to West Ham at home, drawn with Norwich at home, and just about scraped wins against Stoke, Bournemouth and Villa. We also got trashed at United.

We will not finish 4th the way we are going this season. Even the most optimistic fan can understand this by watching us play.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement