Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

5starpool wrote: »
    Aside from the last few months, the performances under Kenny were no worse than the last 13 months under Rodgers.

And did you want Kenny sacked?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

We've also lost to West Ham at home, drawn with Norwich at home, and just about scraped wins against Stoke, Bournemouth and Villa. We also got trashed at United.

We will not finish 4th the way we are going this season. Even the most optimistic fan can understand this by watching us play.

So as bad as we have been, we are still only 2 points off 4th. There are no grounds for a sacking.

(United are top of the league, West Ham also beat City)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Great that we scored three today. But we are a mess at the back. We might be able to stumble on for bit. But the wheels will come off again. Then we'll be back to discussing available managers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,954 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

We spent most of last season only a couple of points off 4th too, we fell at every hurdle though.

ush wrote: »
    Great that we scored three today. But we are a mess at the back. We might be able to stumble on for bit. But the wheels will come off again. Then we'll be back to discussing available managers.

Hopefully not. Fingers crossed that defense will click.

• Advertisement

We spent most of last season only a couple of points off 4th too, we fell at every hurdle though.

Then a small improvement should see us there. Benteke an sturridge(if he can stay fit) might be enough!

jpboard1 wrote: »
    Then a small improvement should see us there. Benteke an sturridge(if he can stay fit) might be enough!

Unfortunately there have been no signs of any improvement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

If you ignore all his awful posts though he's a great poster.

I nearly choked on my biscuit you b0ll#x. Hahaha 10/10

jpboard1 wrote: »
    There are no grounds for a sacking.

The 6-1. Bordeaux. Norwich. West Ham. Carlisle. Defending is a mess.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

And did you want Kenny sacked?

After 4 or so poor months? No. I conceded though that it may have been for the best, but I did not want him sacked.

Also, I would give Kenny more time than anyone else because of who he is and what he has achieved and gone through for the club over many years.

I would much rather the club win something with the clubs biggest legend (apart from Shankly probably) in charge than anyone else. Realistic? Probably not, but it would be the best feeling ever.

• Advertisement

ush wrote: »
    The 6-1. Bordeaux. Norwich. West Ham. Carlisle. Defending is a mess.

All that and yet, 3 points off 3rd place.

After 4 or so poor months? No. I conceded though that it may have been for the best, but I did not want him sacked.

Also, I would give Kenny more time than anyone else because of who he is and what he has achieved and gone through for the club over many years.

I would much rather the club win something with the clubs biggest legend (apart from Shankly probably) in charge than anyone else. Realistic? Probably not, but it would be the best feeling ever.

You'd give him more time no matter how out of his depth he looked simply because of what he did 30 years previous?

So if Rodgers stays in charge, finishes 8th but wins the Milk cup you'll say he's good to stay for another season ?

Why would Rodgers be managing the U-15s or 17s as well as the first team?? And who would look after the first team while he was in NI during the Milk Cup tournament??

He might finally win something though in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Milkers wrote: »
    The problem that day vs Chelsea was not that Gerrard slipped; it was more his fking awful attempt to control the ball!

No no, it was the slip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

That's an outlandish accusation.

Agreed, you're only in the top 10.

Why would Rodgers be managing the U-15s or 17s as well as the first team?? And who would look after the first team while he was in NI during the Milk Cup tournament??

He might finally win something though in fairness.

Oh yet another attempt to be funny failing miserably. Do yourself a favour and read up on the many names the League cup has had over the years.

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Ugghh... sure we were **** last season with Coutinho and Henderson in the team and have been the same this season. Sell them both sure.

Coutinhio can go to Brazil and play well, Henderson can go to England and play well. They come back to Liverpool and the team plays crap. What's the common denominator??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

You'd give him more time no matter how out of his depth he looked simply because of what he did 30 years previous?

But yet still managed to reach two finals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Unfortunately there have been no signs of any improvement.

The last three performance's have been much better Helen Keller could see that.

Our striking options this year are much better than last.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Didnt see the game today just the goals. Lucas supposedly had a good game going by posters on here. His lack of pace cost us for the first goal though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Such a pointless, and badly phrased question.

"no matter how out of his depth he looked"

That bit has nothing to do with anything. It had nothing to do with 5Star's post, and is only included to once again try to turn an argument around into a horrible circular mess. Please just, like, stop doing this. You can make your point in other ways without this need to constantly throw back a question. Just make your point and move on. It'll be taken or it won't.

His extremely obvious point was that all things being equal, the respect and adoration Kenny earned over a really long period of time rightfully buys him the benefit of the doubt over some random guy with none of that behind him. I think most fans would agree. I certainly would.

Give me Kenny and Rodgers with exactly the same results, and I will always, always give Kenny that little bit more time. Football support by its very nature is sentimental to a degree.

I would definitely have given Kenny another season, but i wasn't too peturbed when they let him go.

It was the appointment of Rodgers that made the Kenny decision baffling. I mean, i got behind the appointment, why wouldn't I. I can't affect the decisions and i support the club. But he wouldn't have been the manager i'd have chosen. Far from it.

The last three performance's have been much better Helen Keller could see that.

Our striking options this year are much better than last.

A draw at home to Norwich, a penalty shootout win to Carlisle and a home win to Villa

Oh yet another attempt to be funny failing miserably. Do yourself a favour and read up on the many names the League cup has had over the years.

I'm not being funny, the only Milk Cup that Rodgers can win with Liverpool is played by kids in NI, unless he's gotten that Flux Capacitor working and can go back to one of the 4 years in the long history of the league cup that it was sponsored by the Milk Board.

A draw at home to Norwich, a penalty shootout win to Carlisle and a home win to Villa

If only the ROI squad hadn't released it for WC2002, Here Comes The Good Times could replace YNWA

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Where did I say that? For someone so big on reading comprehension you'd want to brush up on it.

He did well for his first 2 half seasons before a disastrous next half of a league campaign, during which we still won a trophy and got to another final. What he achieved previously as a manager (85-91, not 30 years) or as a player (77-87 I think) was a reason why I'd be more patient with him than anyone else, but it wouldn't buy infinite patience by any means.

You calling for far more patience for Rodgers while being so quick to dismiss Kenny is very contradictory though. You say you don't care how we play if we win, and for 2/3 of Kenny's reign he was doing better than Rodgers for more than 2/3 of his reign so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

The 'Hasn't Been Won By Rodgers Cup' is my favorite.

All that and yet, 3 points off 3rd place.

The league is only seven games in. We will be left far behind if this continues. We'll also be embarrassed in europe and the cups.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

I did say performances! Your just focusing on results, the team is definitely improving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,493 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I can't judge rodgers on last season, Sturridge has score more league goals in today's one game than Malo Belli score all last season. Last season was crazy in that we had no goal threat.
    I can only judge him now he has the tools to win. I think we did enough to beat Arsenal and Norwich, and I think United are lucky to be top of league, they have been as poor but have got the rub of the green.
    Rodgers needs more time, it's not Liverpool to sack someone at start of season. When was last time that happened??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Today showed why many were against signing Benteke. We are much better with movement & pace as it's suit our two best players in Coutinho & Sturridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Plenty of teams have won the league title with only shìt performances if you exclude all the good ones.

If you exclude all the other excluding jokes, this is probably the best excluding joke bar the excluded ones that haven't been excluded.

By right He should of got the bullet at the end of last season but he didn't, So for me its a fresh start. I'm not a Rodgers fan boy, I'm a Liverpool supporter and If Rodgers is doing well then Liverpool is doing well.

I didn't see the midweek match but going on the last two league games I can see a big improvement in our performances. Obviously there are still issues to be worked on but I'm optimistic enough that the team can turn this wee dip in form around.

And just like the way Caovyn Underachiever fights Rodgers corner, I think there are way over the top posters arguing for him to be sacked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

If you ignore all his awful posts though he's a great poster.

Obviously I forgot to include this exclude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Need something he understands.

The problem is he is not understanding on purpose.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

Sturridge took his goals superbly and goodness they've been missed, though it was noticeable how he looked after himself throughout the game - understandable but not something we'd want to see for long, Ings didn't score but was my man of the match with Lucas a massive amount of selfless work done off the ball.

Playing three at the back remains a curious pointless strategy for me, Can is so poor when he gets isolated at right back and when he receives at ball in the 18 yard area and has to deal with it quickly. So why play the system? Moreno and Clyne can still be attacking full backs as they are wing backs.

So a win is a win but a 3-2 home win against Villa is not enough to end the scrutiny of Rodgers tenure.

Bringing this up as its exactly how I felt about sturridge today. He wasn't doing anything that could get him injured, wasn't going into tackles and was letting him self get pushed off the ball. Could be clever management, look after yourself, but if you see a chance, take it.

You could argue that he was very clinical in his performance. Did what he had to do, when he had the opportunity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

K-9 wrote: »
    The problem is he is not understanding on purpose.

More people need to realise this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Ings is playing very well. Deserves a run in the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I feel as if I'm being excluded from this joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

MD1990 wrote: »
    Ings is playing very well. Deserves a run in the team.

He tracked back 60 yards to win a ball today then sprinted right back up on the attack. Great to see this attitude.

• Advertisement

Watching Snatch of the Day
    We really did turn off for Villa's first, Moreno, Couthino, Sakho, Can, all alseep , crazy stuff.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    More people need to realise this.

He's either SOTS or a Man U fan. There's no way he can be for real.

Watching Snatch of the Day
    We really did turn off for Villa's first, Moreno, Couthino, Sakho, Can, all alseep , crazy stuff.

Sakho was bullied for the second goal.

Who know what tomorrow holds for Rodgers
    I use to be a tarot card reader but I gave it up, I saw no future in it .

Who know what tomorrow holds for Rodgers
    I use to be a tarot card reader but I gave it up, I saw no future in it .

Ya Muppet.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Sakho was bullied for the second goal.

Gestede is the best header in the league, not much Sakho could have done. The only way to stop him really was to stop the cross.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

So then an offer for Vardy and Gestede in January? 30 million ought to be enough.

monkey9 wrote: »
    He's either SOTS or a Man U fan. There's no way he can be for real.

Whats SOTS?

niallo27 wrote: »
    He tracked back 60 yards to win a ball today then sprinted right back up on the attack. Great to see this attitude.

It's a terrific attitude, but i'd kind of like if he was asked to curtail his tracking back a bit...there are plenty of other deeper players to deal with the defending. I'd rather Ing's exceptional workrate only be used in the oppositions half. Pressing high, running the channels, and powering through with the ball at his feet.

In the above example, I have to wonder how much he'd have actually been able to do with the ball had it made its way to him after sprinting the length of the field twice...i'd rather he's ready to burst when he receives the ball instead of being on his last legs.

Really think he'll be a great player for us though...I knew of his "win the ball and power through by sheer force of will" attitude, but hadn't quite been as sure about his quality. Looks like he has plenty though.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Whats SOTS?

A poster from the past. Spirit Of The Seventies.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement