Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Gestede is the best header in the league, not much Sakho could have done. The only way to stop him really was to stop the cross.

Well then he should have known. Don't let him run. It just looked too easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

monkey9 wrote: »
    Sakho was bullied for the second goal.

He was doing mad**** for the first goal too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Watching Snatch of the Day
    We really did turn off for Villa's first, Moreno, Couthino, Sakho, Can, all alseep , crazy stuff.

Watching it, it looked like Can stopped expecting a free for a tug on his Jersey. Play the whistle is one of the first things you learn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    A poster from the past. Spirit Of The Seventies.

Cheers. I've never heard of him/her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,046 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Well then he should have known. Don't let him run. It just looked too easy.

True...don't even worry too much about winning the ball, just make sure he can't get past you to get near it either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Watching Snatch of the Day
    We really did turn off for Villa's first, Moreno, Couthino, Sakho, Can, all alseep , crazy stuff.
    Damn right, very poor defending, surprised you didn't bring up Mignolet, Skrtel, Lucas, Milner and Clyne.

Shelvey had a shot on target for Swansea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    A poster legend from the past. Spirit Of The Seventies.

fyp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Turtyturd wrote: »

Insert obligatory 'Shouldn't have sold him' comment here.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The good news is that Garry Monk has now gone 3 games without a win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Just give up on defending, organising the backline or trying to control a game.

Just try all out attack from different angles. OK, we've no Suarez, but it's still a better bet than what we've witnessed up to today.

I've missed Sturridge.

Just subbed for Leon Britton.

Bar trying to nullify the cross for Villa's second goal, I dont think anyone would of stopped Gestede from heading that ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Wow, real backpage worthy material that!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

pmy.murphy wrote: »

Turty's satire is clearly beyond you. :)

• Advertisement

pmy.murphy wrote: »

Think GlenJo's assist will take that crown.

Just subbed for Leon Britton.

Why the f*ck hasn't Rodgers signed Britton!!

'In all competitions this season we have lost less games than Manchester City, Chelsea, and Arsenal.'

'The Rodgers' responds to the conspirators.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Turty's satire is clearly beyond you. :)

Dont insult me. My satire is clearly beyond you

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Whats SOTS?

You missed out on some real crazy posters back in the day, and some good ones who have left as well of course.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

'In all competitions this season we have lost less games than Manchester City, Chelsea, and Arsenal.'

He aint wrong

btw 2 points off 4th and 5 off 1st................

are we over reacting about Brendan in here just a little??

Fair play to him. I admit I got a little down recently but fair f1cking play to him. Who knows what the future brings. All we can comment on is the present and at this present time are we not on track for seasons objectives?

Cant believe some people said we where closer to relegation than champions league...........................

Bar trying to nullify the cross for Villa's second goal, I dont think anyone would of stopped Gestede from heading that ball.

I don't think any defender in the world could be expected to stop Gestede's header unless they were playing out of their skin that day.

The other goal was pure sh*te defending in classic Brendan Rodgers-era Liverpool style.

5starpool wrote: »
    You missed out on some real crazy posters back in the day, and some good ones who have left as well of course.

sots, of course, was both

Mr.H wrote: »
    He aint wrong

Fair play to him. I admit I got a little down recently but fair f1cking play to him. Who knows what the future brings. All we can comment on is the present and at this present time are we not on track for seasons objectives?

Cant believe some people said we where closer to relegation than champions league...........................

We're not on track as things stand. It's not a 5000m race where it can be preferable to wait in the pack until the end when you sprint clear. We're certainly not out of things, but being 7th isn't being on track.

Also, I may be wrong, but we were closer to the relegation places than the CL ones 12 hours ago, weren't we?

sots, of course, was both

Only good in the sense that he entertained by virtue of being completely bonkers.

Only good in the sense that he entertained by virtue of being completely bonkers.

It's confirmed so. Welcome back SOTS.

It's confirmed so. Welcome back SOTS.

5Starpool is sots?

makes a certain kind of sense imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,495 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Everton Away 0-3
    Spurs Away 1-4
    Southampton Home 4-0
    Chelsea Away 0-5

Next 4 in league. Things just got real
    What can he do to save his job here ?

I'd imagine they're here in some form or another, boards is a lot easier to access now with the likes of smartphones.

When I first came across boards it was through searching for various things while renovating a house but then I found the soccer forum I genuinely thought it was just made up off students and nerdy kids:) I was very surprised when discovering that most of the people on here were older than myself.

I don't think any defender in the world could be expected to stop Gestede's header unless they were playing out of their skin that day.

The other goal was pure sh*te defending in classic Brendan Rodgers-era Liverpool style.

Yup total ****, four or five lads looking at each other and not one with any idea on who to blame.

I think we were actually lucky to only concede two tbh.

Still positive though because if we can keep Couthinio and Sturridge fit, we have a chance in outscoring the opposition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

If yer on the Internet, you're a pure dweeb.

Yup total ****, four or five lads looking at each other and not one with any idea on who to blame.

I think we were actually lucky to only concede two tbh.

Still positive though because if we can keep Couthinio and Sturridge fit, we have a chance in outscoring the opposition.

If we resort to the 13/14 tactics, we definitely won't get 4th this season. It's all well and grand when you have Suarez, Sturridge, Sterling and Coutinho playing, but when you have only 2/4 still at the club it's just going to be a disaster.

Grayditch wrote: »
    If yer on the Internet, you're a pure dweeb.

It not far off what I thought a few years back.

If we resort to the 13/14 tactics, we definitely won't get 4th this season. It's all well and grand when you have Suarez, Sturridge, Sterling and Coutinho playing, but when you have only 2/4 still at the club it's just going to be a disaster.

I dont know, this Ings lad is looking to have a work rate similar to Suarez and if Milner continues to get forward into shooting positions, we might not get second but fourth wouldn't be out of reach;). I'll not be getting too carried away, its not that far away since the Utd horror show.

Well it'll be interesting to see what way he sets them out in the next game, how does Henderson fit into that system when he regains fitness. It will have to be at the expense of either Milner or Lucas and going by their performances yesterday, I wouldn't be inclined to change either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Klopp arriving at Frankfurt airport this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Mr.H wrote: »
    He aint wrong

Villa, Norwich and West Ham at home, we took 4 points.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭dogbert27

niallo27 wrote: »
    Rodgers is quite unlucky as well though in fairness or maybe the team is, did villa have two shots today and two goals. Utd had 3 shots and 3 goals at old trafford. Fit sturridge and bit of luck and they will fly up the table.

Yes, we've been very unlucky that other teams are more accurate with their shots on target.

BOSS

CP2P6aGW8AAypKv.png

Yep, and was being auctioned in the last three transfer windows. Also not picked for the first two match day squads of the season.

Only came back in to the frame due to Henderson's injury.

If not for that he would currently be at Besiktas on loan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Yep, and was being auctioned in the last three transfer windows. Also not picked for the first two match day squads of the season.

Only came back in to the frame due to Henderson's injury.

If not for that he would currently be at Besiktas on loan.

He's capable of great games like yesterdays, but he's also having regular stinkers these days too.

• Advertisement

punk_one82 wrote: »
    He's capable of great games like yesterdays, but he's also having regular stinkers these days too.

A bit like the manager :p

Lets get rid so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,954 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Let's not forget that while we aren't far off 4th, we've had what was supposed to be a fairly easy start, the games only get harder from here and we have points to make up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Let's not forget that while we aren't far off 4th, we've had what was supposed to be a fairly easy start, the games only get harder from here and we have points to make up.

We've had both Arsenal and United away, two of our most difficult games on paper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

“There’s a hysteria around the club,” the Northern Irishman told BBC Sport. “However criticism comes, whether deserved or undeserved, you don’t like it. What has surprised me with it is we’ve lost fewer games than Manchester City, Chelsea and Arsenal in all competitions. We’ve only lost two. There’s scrutiny on the players but it’s made us stronger.

It's quotes like this that bother me about Rodgers. The hysteria is because performances and results haven't been good enough. Then to say there's been scrutiny on the players? In fairness I think Pool fans have been scrutinising the club from top to bottom over the last few weeks. (Owners,Players,Managers,Coaches)

He seemed very confident again on the back of one win. Why not recognise and say results and performances have not been good enough but today was an improvement instead of talking of "hysteria"

Good result for him yesterday, I think the next 5 games (or Sturridges fitness) make or break whether he sees out the season.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Arsenal, United and Stoke away.

Easy start?

Nonsensical post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Um...Wut?!?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Arsenal, United and Stoke away.

Easy start?

Nonsensical post.

Not an easy start by any means but it's about to get even harder. The next months run of fixtures would be cruel on any manager let alone one under so much pressure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Just saw a tweet that showed the five teams we've beaten in the League since March and where they are in the league atm.

Bournemouth 16th
    Stoke 17th
    Villa 18th
    Newcastle 19th
    QPR Relegated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,933 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'm really starting to think he posts on here.

That really is something some of the posters on here us as an excuse for Liverpool being sh1te.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Delighted to win yesterday, only caught the MOTD highlights but we looked much more fluid with Sturridge playing with a partner. Their goals were very poor however.

Agree with Mike's posts though - it doesn't remove the scrutiny around Rodgers and his decisions. He's under watch for a period now. In that context, some of his post match quotes are not positive. If he's not cognisant of why there is pressure I'd be slightly baffled.

Big week ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭rob316

So the next four league games we have

Everton away
    Spurs away
    Southampton home
    Chelsea away

We took 7 from those 12 last season. If we took the same this season that would leave us on 18 points after 11 games. Not a disaster but still a mountain to climb. Followed by palace at home and city away, both games we lost last season.

After that run I could see us on 20 points after 13 games. If your target is 2 ppg then it's not far off and could be enough to save him, performances depending also.

This is all guess work but gives a good indication of where we could be. I really don't see him surviving to the end of November.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement