Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭dogbert27

When was the last time we played a derby without a player born in Liverpool in the team?

Will Rossiter make the bench for it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

How would people feel if we were to get 10 points from the next 4 games? 3 wins and a draw against Chelsea. Something which I feel is very possible with Coutinho and Sturridge back together.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭john why

How would people feel if we were to get 10 points from the next 4 games? 3 wins and a draw against Chelsea. Something which I feel is very possible with Coutinho and Sturridge back together.

Over the moon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

rob316 wrote: »
    So the next four league games we have

Everton away
    Spurs away
    Southampton home
    Chelsea away

We took 7 from those 12 last season. If we took the same this season that would leave us on 18 points after 11 games. Not a disaster but still a mountain to climb. Followed by palace at home and city away, both games we lost last season.

After that run I could see us on 20 points after 13 games. If your target is 2 ppg then it's not far off and could be enough to save him, performances depending also.

This is all guess work but gives a good indication of where we could be. I really don't see him surviving to the end of November.

I can only see us getting a point against Southampton in those 4 fixtures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

I can only see us getting a point against Southampton in those 4 fixtures.

That's a very very pessimistic prediction but not beyond the realms of possibility right now. I wouldn't be surprised to see 5 or 6 points from the 12.

punk_one82 wrote: »
    That's a very very pessimistic prediction but not beyond the realms of possibility right now. I wouldn't be surprised to see 5 or 6 points from the 12.

There's zero chance we only get 1 point from the next 4 games in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,933 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A couple of draws in those games and the yoyoing of should he be sacked or keep his job will continue and the club will stay in limbo for another month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭firemansam4

Its pretty simple really, he needs to show now that he can get this team performing again on a regular basis. The game against Norwich and yesterdays game shows that performances have improved.
    I think it was a bit premature to say he should have been sacked after just 6 premier league fixtures, just as its premature now to say this team has turned a corner.

I would still say that he should be judged by Christmas and if he has shown enough to suggest that he has turned things around then he should be given to the end of the season, then judged at the end of the season. But anything less than a credible top 4 challenge this season should not be enough.

No there's not. Unlikely yes, 0% chance no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I think people are being harsh on sakho yesterday. It's near impossible to stop someone running at speed from winning a header. It was just one of them goals.

• Advertisement

niallo27 wrote: »
    I think people are being harsh on sakho yesterday. It's near impossible to stop someone running at speed from winning a header. It was just one of them goals.

Agreed. He couldn't really have done too much about it.

niallo27 wrote: »

Exactly, Gestede had a run on him. Impossible to win a header in that situation , especially against someone who is so good in the air.

The first goal though!!! I wanted to strangle Can for making such a basic, stupid mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

That high a chance, eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Waant to make a bet on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

A couple of draws in those games and the yoyoing of should he be sacked or keep his job will continue and the club will stay in limbo for another month.

The yoyoing that is going on in the media isn't going on at the club by all accounts. The manager has just had a huge vote of confidence from the owners and not the 'dreaded vote of confidence' we so often here about. This one actually involved a new set up and a pile of money. And the players are playing for the manager.
    It's easy for us here to debate his suitability to the position but at the end of the day, the money men seem to be behind him. As I said previously, if they suddenly turned around and sacked him this quickly after diving into the club's coffers so recently, I would be seriously unimpressed and think it would be a sign of a much bigger problem.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Waant to make a bet on that?

If I thought for a second you'd be good for it, I'd have no problem doing so.

Now make a "funny" retort, soak up the thanks and we'll move along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

If people agree with you or not I would think everyone on this thread hopes you're right.

If people agree with you or not I would think everyone on this thread hopes you're right.

My original question was more aimed towards peoples opinions on the manager should we pick up 10 points in the next 4 league games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Since we went on a run again to Villa, we haven't been beaten in the league. We also have a ppg of 3 in that period as well.
    My only concern would be, whilst we are scoring on average three goals per game, we are conceding two.
    Now if we can extend the run until May, who knows how many games we will be excluding.

• Advertisement

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Since we went on a run again to Villa, we haven't been beaten in the league. We also have a ppg of 3 in that period as well.
    My only concern would be, whilst we are scoring on average three goals per game, we are conceding two.
    Now if we can extend the run until May, who knows how many games we will be excluding.

Lolz babez

My original question was more aimed towards peoples opinions on the manager should we pick up 10 points in the next 4 league games.

Did you genuinely think other LFC fans would be anything other than pleased with 10 points from 12 for those fixtures?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Without wanting to answer on people's behalf, I'll answer on their behalf. If we keep winning he'll be safe. If we get 10 points from those 4 games he'll be safe for a while.

It's far more likely we'll get 1 point than 10 points though from those 4 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,954 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

How would you naysayers feel about Rodgers if he won every remaining league game and we got the title? Would you still want him out then? Would ye? I'm willing to bet ye wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Even if we managed to somehow get 10 points from the next 4 games it doesn't change things much for me. Rodgers is on a probationary period right now and he should be.

He's gone from being over-reliant on Suarez to being over reliant on Coutinho and looks more than willing to let Danny slot straight back into the lead role and take over the pressure.

Instead of trying to find a formation that works and stick to it he chops and changes all the time.

He's just sticking his finger into a hole in a dam and hoping it'll all work out fine.

Rodgers is on a probationary period right now and he should be.

According to who?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

I guess this whole "there is a conspiracy against me" thing is a Mourinho-lite tactic of deflecting attention. But I would hope he means the media rather than the fans as if he turns on the fans then it's game over.

How would you naysayers feel about Rodgers if he won every remaining league game and we got the title? Would you still want him out then? Would ye? I'm willing to bet ye wouldn't.

It's only a rumour, but I've heard it said that some people have been known to reassess their views on issues in the light of changed circumstances.

Sounds a bit like Bigfoot and the Yeti getting married...

If we won every single game from now on in and got the title I'd be ****ing delighted......

But I wouldn't be an all trusting follower of Rodgers as a manager that I had been during the 2nd place season.

jpboard1 wrote: »
    According to who?

According to googled eyes. Sure you quoted him/her yourself.

According to who?

If you read my post you'd see that I was talking about how I felt. I would think that was obvious

So in my eyes he is on probation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

It would give him till Christmas, but it will take more than that 4 games to change my view that Rodgers isn't the answer.

Now, maybe you could answer a question of mine? 1 point in the next 4....sack him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Look if rodgers gets results the fans are happy.
    If rodgers continues to get results his job is safe.

If rodgers doesn't get results the fans aren't happy. If rodgers continues to not get results then his job is not safe.

The conclusion is for everyone to be happy rodgers has to get results.

It's a black and white situation, his goodwill with the fans and club has been used up, there is no in between and no excuses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

izOxchi.png

Lucas heatmap v Villa.

If you read my post you'd see that I was talking about how I felt. I would think that was obvious

He must be crapping himself

If I thought for a second you'd be good for it, I'd have no problem doing so.

Now make a "funny" retort, soak up the thanks and we'll move along.

Still waiting on the "funny" retort so I can give my thanks, come on Turty :pac:

He must be crapping himself

WTF ??

Caovyn Lineah asked what peoples opinions on the manager would be, I gave my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

rob316 wrote: »
    Look if rodgers gets results the fans are happy.
    If rodgers continues to get results his job is safe.

If rodgers doesn't get results the fans aren't happy. If rodgers continues to not get results then his job is not safe.

The conclusion is for everyone to be happy rodgers has to get results.

It's a black and white situation, his goodwill with the fans and club has been used up, there is no in between and no excuses.

He got a few reults at the start of the season, but any fans who watched our frist two games was hardly happy.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,495 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

"We wanted to win for the manager.

"We know what has been said about him and think we showed we are a group of players behind him and trying to make everything right.

"We know the pressure is on him but we wanted to play the way he wants us to play and I think we did that."

Lucas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

He got a few reults at the start of the season, but any fans who watched our frist two games was hardly happy.
    There were fans unhappy with the performances, but I can't remember anyone looking for him to be sacked after the first two games.

Mark Lawrenson sums up the Stoke game:

It's been a very drab game. Extremely dull - it's been a bit of a dog's dinner at times - but the goal was absolutely top class. The turn on Steve Sidwell was brilliant - that gave Philippe Coutinho the space to run on goal.

Bournemouth at home we scored an offside goal, they had a legitimate goal disallowed.

Arsenal away, they had a legitimate goal disallowed.

Rubbish against United.
    Rubbish against West Ham.

Draw at Anfield with Norwich.

The six games up to yesterday were certainly nothing to be happy about.

• Advertisement

But the real question is..Who are you and why do you make Brendan crap himself?

WTF ??

Caovyn Lineah asked what peoples opinions on the manager would be, I gave my opinion.

It was a joke! I'll add a smiley for effect :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,495 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

________Miggy_____
    ___Cant_Skittle_Sack
    SlyCly_____________Reno
    ______Milly__Lu_______
    ________Cunti_______
    _____Ingy_Sturfry____

That's how we lined up right?
    Who was weakest link yesterday?

5starpool wrote: »
    Google started in 1998, probably older than some posters here though.

Google is 17 today.

Happy Birthday Google.

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Mark Lawrenson sums up the Stoke game:

It's been a very drab game. Extremely dull - it's been a bit of a dog's dinner at times - but the goal was absolutely top class. The turn on Steve Sidwell was brilliant - that gave Philippe Coutinho the space to run on goal.

Bournemouth at home we scored an offside goal, they had a legitimate goal disallowed.

Arsenal away, they had a legitimate goal disallowed.

Rubbish against United.
    Rubbish against West Ham.

Draw at Anfield with Norwich.

The six games up to yesterday were certainly nothing to be happy about.

You could make the same case for Utd and they are top of the table. Stoke away was a good solid result, first half against Arsenal was excellent. Bournemouth goal was a free kick. It's just because it's poor old Bournemouth people feel sorry for them. West Ham and Utd was rubbish. They battered Norwich and yesterday was good.

________Miggy_____
    ___Cant_Skittle_Sack
    SlyCly_____________Reno
    ______Milly__Lu_______
    ________Cunti_______
    _____Ingy_Sturfry____

That's how we lined up right?
    Who was weakest link yesterday?

Villa went straight through Cunti all day. I'll get my coat.

But the real question is..Who are you and why do you make Brendan crap himself?

Don't you know who I am babaaaayyy

I'm the mother-f*cking g double ohh gledeyes :pac:

Google is 17 today.

Happy Birthday Google.

Oh god...I feel old!

izOxchi.png

Lucas heatmap v Villa.

Must be how the predator views football. He must hate wet and muddy days.

• Advertisement

Lolz babez

A shadow bobbed in the window.
    He was snapping the carrier spring
    Over the ledger. His boot pushed off
    And the bicycle ticked, ticked, ticked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement