Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good late bars Dublin

Options
  • 04-09-2015 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hello,

I'm still sort of a newbie to Dublin and I have friends visiting next weekend. Hoping you guys might be able to tell me of some good late bars?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

You would get better advice in the dublin forum than here.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=474

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Luke80

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Luke80 wrote: »
    Hello,

I'm still sort of a newbie to Dublin and I have friends visiting next weekend. Hoping you guys might be able to tell me of some good late bars?

Cheers

Age , musical taste if any ?

Any sort of music really, we're in our mid thirties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Le Surge Eyed Amant

I'd recommend The Blacker. It's a nice place with a very welcoming and safe atmosphere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭LDN_Irish

I'd recommend The Blacker. It's a nice place with a very welcoming and safe atmosphere.

Haha.

But seriously, don't go there Luke.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Not being from Dublin, that means nothing, but as this in AH, it means everything, and still means nothing. I'm sure it will be grand.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

We don't do late bars.

Which is very annoying.

It's a bit out of town!

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭cazzer22

I quite like Cassidys on Westmoreland st. Very chilled atmosphere. You can order pizza and play board games, too. Very nice vibe (slightly alternative) but, I really like it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

LDN_Irish wrote: »
    Haha.

But seriously, don't go there Luke.

Luke walks into a bar with 3 friends ......... Luke is never ever seen again ....... and neither are his friends!! :D

Hello,

Cheers

Define "good"?

good atmosphere with decent music. Any music is good except the sort that's played at coppers

good atmosphere with decent music. Any music is good except the sort that's played at coppers

Maybe D2 on Harcourt Street?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Hogans, Xico, Foggy Dew,Mercantile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Doyles is good.
    Pints aren't extortionate and play rock music. I think.

Mercantile, foggy dew, sub lounge, work mans, Sweetmans, and the porterhouse have all been nice when I went there and have been in Dublin 6 months.
    Mostly just go to doyles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Workmans on the quays?

Or sweeneys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Moved from AH to Dublin City. Dublin City charter now applies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,963 ✭✭✭circadian

There are decent pubs not city centre based that may be close to you? I frequent Harry Byrnes in Clontarf, the Beaumont and the Goblet amongst others. Decent pubs with a good atmosphere on the right nights.

• Advertisement
Advertisement