Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applegreen Navan - Cartel prices

Options
  • 04-09-2015 9:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭

Still figuring this one out.
    Apple Green set-up in Navan at one of the and I mean The dearest forecourt in the country for diesel and petrol (in laws visiting from deep south never saw anyone dearer). We expected great things on price but..........

Apple green set the dearest price for diesel today at 127.9, petrol at 140.9.

Those prices are crap, I travel via Dunshaughlin where I filled today at 119.9 a full 8 cent a litre cheaper for diesel or €4.80 on a 60 litre tank. Petrol there is 136.9. This at 2 garages in that town.

I'd say reliably this Apple Green is the dearest Apple Green in the country, by a country mile.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

It's all in line with the monopoly of garages in Navan. They agree to keep prices high so that nobody goes rogue and takes all the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭bladespin

I live in Navan but would never, ever fuel up there, pity, covering near 40k per year , the local crowd are missing out on a fair wedge through this kind of crap.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Trim is the same. All the garages charging silly money for diesel so I never fill there. In fact I never fill in Meath at all as I can usually get diesel for 10c per litre cheaper in a number of garages in Dublin. My last fill was 115.9c/l in Mount Brown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

They really are a shower of greedy F***s, I passed the Maxol garage and they are 123.9 for diesel and 138.9 for petrol. Even they are cheaper.
    I am actually going to put in a complaint to Applegreen about this, as their banner is false advertising and they either need to remove it or lower their prices immediately.
    Personally having through all the Sh1te of the last few years I am intolerant to this archaic style of business.

Formal complaint lodged with the Advertising Standards of Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

What does their banner say? Never even look to notice these things anymore.

NufcNavan wrote: »
    What does their banner say? Never even look to notice these things anymore.

Their canopy says "Low Prices Always". That is a fallacy, having been around the county and into Louth today this forecourt is by far the dearest by 3 cent alone on diesel. Perhaps the logo that would be apt should be "High Prices Always".

Applegreen on their website indicate the Low Price Always policy as

Our commitment to low fuel prices

To keep our ‘low fuel prices, always’ policy we check the price of fuel in each of our stations’ local area regularly. We then set our pump prices to ensure that we are always at least as low as the lowest competing site in this area.

Like any business we have to take into account the cost of our fuel when setting our prices. We track the international price of refined oil products on a daily basis. These prices are quoted by brokers like Platts in US $ per tonne. An industry standard tonnes-to-litres conversion factor is used to convert to litres and the current €/US $ rate of exchange is applied to arrive at cost per litre. If the price is CIF it includes carriage insurance and freight and is effectively a price landed at a post in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭chrysagon

Im convinced the garages in Navan keep prices high, I havenet bought fuel in Navan in 2 yrs, as im not goona line the pockets of these greedy fookers, I work in Dublin so I save on average 6 euro a week... doesn't seem a lot, but its my road tax for the year

Something has had the desired effect, Diesel 122.9 ( a drop of 5 cent), Petrol 134.9 (a drop of 5 cent.
    Maybe my email to CEO worked?

rocket and feather system with forecourts... slow to drop but quick to hike

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

The mini sausage rolls are soooo nice all the same!!!

Diesel now down to 120.8

Good times coming back!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭bladespin

117.9 Cork city bais

saw EMO in Dublin , 114.0 a litre for diesel

Advertisement