Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Chrome... Help!

Options
  • 05-09-2015 4:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi guys :3

So, about 2 days ago I tried to open Google Chrome on my computer... Well, it started to launch, the tab came up but almost immediately it shut down again and a little message from Windows said:

"A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

Now, this all happens in about the space of a second, so I have no time to right click anything to get any options. I have tried opening Chrome in other ways but nothing works!

The only other computer in our house is doing the exact same thing. The EXACT same thing. We have tried uninstalling and installing again, but to no avail I'm afraid!

I am a little afraid it could be a virus, but I find it odd that both computers would be reacting the same way at once. Anyone have any similar problems, or even a remedy?

Thanks a million <3

(P.s. Internet Explorer is useless, Silverlight won't work on Firefox and Chrome is screwed... Where will I watch NETFLIX?!?!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭DopeTech

What's happens when you run virus and malware scans?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Ayyyy Lmao

Absolutely nothing, it says there aren't any viruses attacking the computer. We run on Comodo Security and it's always been good before so honestly I am lost :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

Its strange because the exact same thing happened to me last week and I couldn't figure it out. So I just uninstalled chrome and downloaded chrome canary which is more or less the same as normal chrome.

https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/canary.html

Advertisement