Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WestwoodGym Dublin ?

Options
  • 05-09-2015 8:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭

Any deals or secret ways /contacts to get a good deal for westwood please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Camilo26

Any deals or secret ways /contacts to get a good deal for westwood please?

I sent you a private message, I joint Westwood (Clontarf but you can attend any of them) last month but unfortunately I´ll be leaving Dublin soon. It´s definitelly cheaper to take someone´s place than becoming a new member. Just text me to discuss further.

Thanks,
    Camilo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Camilo26 wrote: »
    I sent you a private message, I joint Westwood (Clontarf but you can attend any of them) last month but unfortunately I´ll be leaving Dublin soon. It´s definitelly cheaper to take someone´s place than becoming a new member. Just text me to discuss further.

Thanks,
    Camilo

Hi ~ you sent me a PM asking essentially to pay the e75 first month in advance payment and e75 for you first month fees - this would leave me with no membership & being refused on your card when I tried to go through the security photo ID desk - hardly a good deal , for me.

They weive the joining fee for everybody who asks and have a campaign on highlighting that at the moment.

You know that you can just cancel your direct debit & only have paid the e75 for the gym services you have used & your month up front in lieu of 12 month contract.

Thanks.

I was hoping there might be a promotional code , or membership deal cheaper that what they offer to everyone at the front desk. They urrently have a deal where if you go for full membership you get 50% off your first month and no joining fee - would anyone know if Incan do better than this by using some secret code or handshake? Please - with thanks.

Hi ~ you sent me a PM asking essentially to pay the e75 first month in advance payment and e75 for you first month fees - this would leave me with no membership & being refused on your card when I tried to go through the security photo ID desk - hardly a good deal , for me.

They weive the joining fee for everybody who asks and have a campaign on highlighting that at the moment.

You know that you can just cancel your direct debit & only have paid the e75 for the gym services you have used & your month up front in lieu of 12 month contract.

Thanks.

I was hoping there might be a promotional code , or membership deal cheaper that what they offer to everyone at the front desk. They urrently have a deal where if you go for full membership you get 50% off your first month and no joining fee - would anyone know if Incan do better than this by using some secret code or handshake? Please - with thanks.

Hi,

Maybe I didn't explain myself good enough, what I told you was to go together to the Gym and novate the contract for you taking my membership, so you will have your won membership card and can go through the security desk as another member of the club. I just don't want to have problems for not paying them the rest of the year commitment. But if I don't finf anyone to cover my place, I'll do what you suggest.

Thanks!
    Camilo

Thanks.

Hi,

Maybe I didn't explain myself good enough, what I told you was to go together to the Gym and novate the contract for you taking my membership, so you will have your own membership card and could go through the security desk as another member of the club. I just don't want to have problems for not paying them the rest of the year commitment. But if I don't finf anyone to covers my place, I'll do what you suggest.

Thanks!
    Camilo

Ah OK - that's totally different! And not at all what you said in your PM.
    They wrote out to me the other day with a "deal" - not much of one, but its better that the standard one you have - hopefully you were able to do that & got it sorted.When I spoke with them about length of contract the salesgirl told me I could just cancel at any time without penalty - other than losing the joining fee ( that they now are weiving)... good luck in London

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I'd get all that in writing about cancelling without fee.

They are fond of charging you for 'missed months' too.

spurious wrote: »
    I'd get all that in writing about cancelling without fee.

They are fond of charging you for 'missed months' too.

Thanks - yes - the omissions and doublespeak on the promotional material - all 10 pages of " testimonials" and misleading bumf was enough to raise enough red flags to start my own parade. Thanks for the warning thou - you really have to know what questions to ask to jigsaw together the whole truth.

Advertisement