Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I need to repeat full LC?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭GeneralC

spurious wrote: »
    You would have to attend one of the weekends run by places like Maynooth University where they would be covered.

This is an old page about them, but afaik they still do them.

I wonder if the local VEC will let me do them considering I am doing a course there this year

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Talk to the teachers and see.

Rang the state examinations today and they will change the surname of my results.

I rang my old school to see if they would facilitate me when they're doing the Bio/Chemistry practicals, they weren't too keen on this idea. Now I have to find somewhere that will do them! I know the institute do them but I am not paying over 500euro per subject!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Check Maynooth.

I know a city centre school in Dublin that 'may' be running them later, but check with Maynooth.

Starting to think I might be better off repeating the LC in a local VEC over the Pre-Uni Science course. It would mean I could get the experiments done without all the aggravation. The English/Science modules will stand to me when doing the HPAT/GAMSAT as well.

• Advertisement

Right, I need to make a decision over the weekend about which route to go down. To get into my preferred course next year I need the following; HLB3 in Chemistry & Biology. I also need a C3 in OL Maths, plus I'll need to sit the GAMSAT and HPAT for my two choices. I will also require work experience!

So, should I A) repeat 5 subjects on the LC in Plunketts + Work Experience/GA!SAT route or B) PLC Pre-Uni course + 3 subjects as an external candidate + GAMSAT/Work Experience route?

Decisions, decisions

Advertisement