Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert Results thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 224 ✭✭donaldtramp

Wow, a lot of you had good results! Congratulations. Enjoy yourselves tonight! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭carefulnowted

Wow, a lot of you had good results! Congratulations. Enjoy yourselves tonight! :D

You too!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Kbvdpo

I got 8as and 2bs all HL! I'm absolutely delighted!! Best in our year! :D still can't believe I got an a in HL maths , English & science!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 conorfinn1

I got 3 A's, 3 B's and 4 C's all higher level, fairly delighted with myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭LovelySpuds

There'll be sore heads in the morning anyway lads!

• Advertisement

There'll be sore heads in the morning anyway lads!

hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭gazump123

2 As, 7 Bs, 1 C. Happy enough with that.

gazump123 wrote: »
    2 As, 7 Bs, 1 C. Happy enough with that.

Very good! Congratulations :D

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭masterofchess1

I got 3 as after expecting at least nine. got 6 as in mocks and put so much work in and I got nothing out of it. I was nearly in tears on getting the results. I feel awful .:(

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sabhail

I got 3 as after expecting at least nine. got 6 as in mocks and put so much work in and I got nothing out of it. I was nearly in tears on getting the results. I feel awful .:(

Sorry you're disappointed. Some of getting b s rather than a s could be down to particular hard papers...eg heard history paper was harder than usual. Also remember you could have got 84% s in a few. Also maybe mock s weren't marked well... No consolation I know but maybe you were just unlucky...

But 3 a s is not a bad result in any case.

Maybe if you were v surprised at some consider looking to see your paper if that's possible and get independent view of it.

Talk to your teachers too maybe.

I know its a big disappointment but don't let it get in on you. Put it down to experience, learn what you can and onwards and upwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

I am older than the rest of ye here but just to let you know I did a brilliant junior cert. I got 8A's and the rest B's.
    Thought I was the bee's knees and went into my pre-leaving year with a very bad attitude. Couldn't be bothered. Thought it would all be as handy as the JC was. Even in LC year I still wasn't putting the effort in because I was still telling myself "sure I got 8A's I'll be grand!"
    When the time came I did do ok but definitely did not achieve what I was capable of. Went to college and did a course I loved but always have this thought in my head "I wonder what I would have got if I really had to have studied?"

Anyway long story short, JC results are not the be all and end all. They feel like they are at the minute but really aren't. Just keep doing what you're doing or do more if you feel you could put in a bit more effort. Start early, do it bit by bit and it'll make next 2 years a lot easier for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭masterofchess1

thank you for the encouragement and advice. I had nearly given up. In history I knew everything including exam technique and definitely thought I got an a. I was more angry than upset with this . Is it possible that it was marked wrong. I got 97 pc in the mocks?? thanks again btw

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sabhail

thank you for the encouragement and advice. I had nearly given up. In history I knew everything including exam technique and definitely thought I got an a. I was more angry than upset with this . Is it possible that it was marked wrong. I got 97 pc in the mocks?? thanks again btw

I know a few people who got b s rather than expected a s in history this year. So would think its not necessarily marked wrong. Talk to ur history teacher I'd say and get their view.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It's unlikely you were marked incorrectly but it is always possible an error was made adding the marks up. You can apply for a recheck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 avrilthellama

Nearly collapsed with shock when I got my results!! I couldn't stop screaming!! I got 1 A, 7 BS, 2 CS . ABSOLUTELY OVER THE MOON!!! I honestly wasn't expecting this as the majority of the exams I found hard but all my hard work paid off. Looking forward to Transition year and to France in 5 days :):) :')

Yup, as everyone else was saying, it's not a huge deal, JC isn't a big deal, think of it as an early mocks for your leaving cert, you done very good either way so don't worry. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9 asteroidelite

I got 8 A's and 2 B's all HL! 😊😊My A's were in Irish, English, Maths, History, French, Business, Woodwork and CSPE! My 2 B's were in Geography and Science which suprised me because I was more confident about getting A's in them than some of the subjects I actually got A's in. 😂 I am getting both re-checked just so I can have that piece of mind but overall I was very happy with my results 😊 Congrats to everyone else too because these exams are about personal achievement, not your achievement in relation to other people's 😊 I'll let ye know how the re-check goes ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 9 asteroidelite

I literally just seen this there but my results didn't change XD (I can't believe this was over a year ago!)

Advertisement