Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

building gaming computer

Options
  • 05-09-2015 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi, i'm building a computer and its my first time so i'm not sure if I got everything right. I'm here to ask a few questions like if the parts are compatible or if i need to change anything or get anything else.
    i know how to build it because of YouTube videos i have watched. And i also amen't sure how to install an OS and get the right drivers and stuff if someone can help greatly appreciated
    :-)

Part List(not using pcpartpicker i'm just using it cause its easier):
    uk,pcpartpicker,com/p/kVmhcf

sorry cant post urls so put in dots for the commas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

All the drivers can be installed from your motherboard and GPU manufacturers websites, that's pretty straightforward.

For installing the OS, you'll need to burn an ISO to a USB drive, boot off it and install, its not hard either. Use Rufus to write it to the USB.

The PC itself is 100%, if you can push the budget any higher, I'd go for a better GPU, like a 290 or 390, even if second hand. I'd also try to add an SSD

• Registered Users Posts: 11 neil0302

Thanks, i will do what you said about the OS but sadly my budget cant go much higher for the GPU, i can always upgrade in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Danosully

could the OS be transferred from another computer? or would it have to be bought again?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Depends, if its from an OEM machine like a Dell, no.

So probably not, W10 is fine without a key though.

You're probably better off posting Q's here or starting a new thread for them, mods aren't the greatest fans of old threads being dug up.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057264630/182/#post103583603

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Daniel what's the story with posting on old threads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Daniel what's the story with posting on old threads?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement