Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning signals?

Options
  • 05-09-2015 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

A person claiming to be from microsoft called my home phone and said my computer had warning signals and i should turn it on and give him a code, I hung up before he could go any further..

What does this mean?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Scam, scam scam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

hubluh wrote: »
    A person claiming to be from microsoft call my home phone and said my computer had warning signals and i should turn it on and give him a code, I hung up before he could go any further..

What does this mean?

It means he was going to try to scam you. NEVER do anything these guys tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

He was trying to scam you, ignore it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

"You have virus on your internets"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

common scam they are forever ringing my parents trying it .never got one myself . pity id like to get a call off them just to troll them :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭hubluh

Oh okay I was thinking the same myself tks.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

You should string them along until they snap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

I used to give the phone to my son when he was about two and he would babble away to them. Eventually he refused to take the phone.

Advertisement