Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best approach?

Options
  • 05-09-2015 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

Looking for advice from experienced parents regarding teaching a nine year old girl about periods, sex, etc. I've been putting it off for so long now, but got a few books from the library and am going to tackle it tomorrow!

I'm wondering if I should leave her to read the books on her own and chat to her afterwards, or read it with her? What did you do? Sorry if I sound daft, I'm just really unsure of the best approach.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 carol c

I think you are taking the right approach, let her read the books first and then discuss every thing putting your own take on it,that's what I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Ruby31

carol c wrote: »
    I think you are taking the right approach, let her read the books first and then discuss every thing putting your own take on it,that's what I did.

I'm so glad I finally did this. I don't know why I was so worried. She read the book. Thought it was quite funny and asked only two questions! Phew!

Advertisement