Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Single Cream in Curry

Options
  • 05-09-2015 4:17pm

Hi All,

I added single cream to a curry I made last night (recipe specified double), will reheating or freezing it cause any problems?

Thanks,
    Bumpsy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

Are you in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

It really depends on how well the cream was emulsified with the rest of the sauce. If done well, it shouldn't split after freezing/thawing - regardless of what country you are in. :)

It really depends on how well the cream was emulsified with the rest of the sauce. If done well, it shouldn't split after freezing/thawing - regardless of what country you are in. :)

Thanks for the reply!

Fingers crossed but it has been frozen! I'll find out how it works out when I defrost;

nosietoes wrote: »
    Are you in Ireland?

Yes :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

Yes :confused:

Well that's good because our cream tends to have a higher fat content so seperates/splits less easily.

• Advertisement

nosietoes wrote: »
    Well that's good because our cream tends to have a higher fat content so seperates/splits less easily.
    Thanks for the reply, sounds like I'll be okay :)

Advertisement