Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken UPC Box, still get channels?

Options
  • 05-09-2015 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hi.
    I've had a upc box for a while, was acting up, so I sent it away to be repaired.
    I recently bought a new tele, a LG 32LF56, and when I bought it, I was told that I'd be able to get a few upc channels without the box.
    I've been trying to get these channels, just to do me until my box gets sorted, but I've had no luck thus far.
    I've to inputs on the back of the tele, satellite in & antenna/ cable in. Which connection do I connect the cable in to? And then from there, I'm completely lost also.
    I'd greatly appreciate any help on the matter.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

The majority of new flat screen TVs don't have analogue tuners as it's no longer used in the UK or Ireland except for upc and perhaps some other small setups.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,533 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Snegg wrote: »
    I've to inputs on the back of the tele, satellite in & antenna/ cable in. Which connection do I connect the cable in to? And then from there, I'm completely lost also.

Where are you located, UPC cable in Dublin carries some analogue channels.

Connect the cable feed to the antenna/cable in socket (push in connector), from there you'll have to find the tuning menu and do an analogue search. I don't have an LG TV so I can't point you to the exact menus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭StreetLight

Snegg wrote: »
    Hi.
    I've had a upc box for a while, was acting up, so I sent it away to be repaired.

Have you sent your UPC box to another party to be repaired, or did you contact UPC first?

UPC maintain your equipment free of charge, so if you requested a service call and they found the box was faulty, they will replace it immediately for you.

Advertisement