If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pioneer VSX-921 constantly showing flashing 'UE22'.

Options
  • 05-09-2015 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

Hi There

I bought the above unit off you guys several years ago so I know it's out of warranty but you might be able to point me in the right direction.

UE22 keeps flashing on the display. Usually the receiver operates okay regardless but sometimes when I switch it on, there is no sound for several minutes. Also occasionally the unit has refused to function at all, all the while flashing UE22.

Any ideas? Would a firmware update help? How do I go about doing this? If you think its a hardware issue is there a Pioneer service centre in Dublin where I can drop in the receiver for inspection?

Thanks in advance.

Austin

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

Austin1 wrote: »
    Hi There

I bought the above unit off you guys several years ago so I know it's out of warranty but you might be able to point me in the right direction.

UE22 keeps flashing on the display. Usually the receiver operates okay regardless but sometimes when I switch it on, there is no sound for several minutes. Also occasionally the unit has refused to function at all, all the while flashing UE22.

Any ideas? Would a firmware update help? How do I go about doing this? If you think its a hardware issue is there a Pioneer service centre in Dublin where I can drop in the receiver for inspection?

Thanks in advance.

Austin
    Hi Austin,
    Unfortunately I don't know of any Pioneer service centres in dublin. We would use a local company who do cover/arrange repairs for the whole of ROI so might be worth trying them- www.craigavon.tv
    The UE code is an Update Error code, so am not sure if a firmware update will cure it, but this is available here - http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/support/software/VSX-921/page.html - if you wanted to try that?

Cheers
    Brian

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.