Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Giant Alight 3 vs Trek 7.2/7.1

Options
  • 05-09-2015 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi all,

New here but hoping for some advice/help!

I'm looking to get a bike for commuting to work. I have a short commute, regular roads and would like to get a child seat for the short trip to creche first with my daughter (2 year old). Going through the cycle to work scheme so want to get a good bike that will last me over the next few years and let me go out cycling with my daughter/handle longer distances (max. 10 miles) in the future.

I like the Trek FX 7.1/7.2 and the Giant Alight City from what I've seen to date. Specs for both seem pretty similar and reviews for both seem good.

So questions:
    * Any advice on which I should go for?
    * Is it worth the extra cash to upgrade from 7.1 to 7.2 or from the City 3 to the City 2?
    * I'm 5'4 and have been told that I'm borderline between small and medium frames. I felt more comfortable on the 20' frame on the Trek 7.2. Giant City Small was ok but did feel a little small - again think I prefer the Medium. Is there any good reason other than personal preference when choosing the frame size?
    * Child seats - Giant can't take a child seat that attaches to the frame; need to get one that attaches to the pannier. Does it make a difference in terms of safety or stability?

Lots of questions I know! Hopefully someone who knows more about this than I do might have some advice!

Thanks a million!

Advertisement