Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much should it cost to clear a half acre site and turn it back into a field.

Options
  • 05-09-2015 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi guys, anybody know how much it should cost to clear a half acre site and turn it back into a field for a horse. The site has a lot of weeds, pebbles hard core etc. After clearing it will need top soil and seeding etc.

Its a field for a horse (i.e. not a fancy lawn) that we need.

The site is just less than a half an acre.

Thanks a mill,

Bill

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 MyCocoBaby

When we cleared our half acre about 8 years ago it cost a small fortune tbh. If I take out the 'site prep' work need to build our house, various loads of stone etc. Id safely say about 3K. This involved a contractor levelling the land, then some other dude coming in rotovating it with a gadget on the back of his tractor. But we seeded it ourselves several years (I kid you not) later. Oh we stoned it too, ourselves, plenty of buckets...over a long weekend. Never again!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 DrivingIsFun

MyCocoBaby wrote: »
    When we cleared our half acre about 8 years ago it cost a small fortune tbh. If I take out the 'site prep' work need to build our house, various loads of stone etc. Id safely say about 3K. This involved a contractor levelling the land, then some other dude coming in rotovating it with a gadget on the back of his tractor. But we seeded it ourselves several years (I kid you not) later. Oh we stoned it too, ourselves, plenty of buckets...over a long weekend. Never again!!!

Thanks MyCocoBaby. At least that gives me an idea of ball park figures.
    Now I need to find somebody that can do the job properly. Don't know where to start with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 MyCocoBaby

A local contrator will do it for you. Ask at the local shop! or postoffice! They will recommend someone. Look locally.

Advertisement