Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Make up for engagement shoot

Options
  • 05-09-2015 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

hi everyone:) Myself and my fiancée have our engagement shoot in a few weeks (part of our wedding package...apparo all the rage these days!!) and want to get my make up done in Brown Thomas beforehand - anyone have any suggestions for counters with make up that photographs well? I always look white in photos even when wearing make up (think that's the SPF...)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

Would you consider going to Inglot instead as their foundations do not contain spf as far as Im aware (none in the ones Ive used) and apparently this is what causes the white flashback.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭rougegal

If you tell the MUA that the makeup is for a photo shoot they won't use products with SPF & may even have products they recommend for use for photographic makeup.
    Incidentally, the type of flash the photographer uses also has an impact. A direct flash (like in a phone camera or 'point & shoot' camera) will be more likely to cause flashback than an indirect flash where the light is 'bounced' - this is more likely to be what your photographer will use but it's ni harm to check in advance.

Advertisement