Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 no sound.

• 06-09-2015 9:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭

Hello

I bought a used PS4 and stupidly didn't test it out before I parted with cash.
    Anyhow I plugged it in powered it up and there is no sound at all. I tried restarting it, plugging out and in HDMI cable and googled but no result. I believe this is a bit of an issue however I don't believe its a faulty unit more to do with the settings or cable or me. Has anyone come across this problem and if someone would like to go into their sound settings and tell me what you have selected, that would be great.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Your audio output settings should be set to hdmi.
    Mine are optical out as I've connected to a px4 headset but I still get TV audio,

My audio format is bitstream(Dolby)

Other than that goto
    Settings devices > audio devices
    And check your output is set to TV or Av amplifier

Not sure if you may need to check in safe mode or force the hdmi reset. Finally try a different hdmi cable, that's where I've heard of this before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Tried using a different cable but no luck. Its on tv or av amplifier. How do you force a hdmi reset?

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

Anything plugged into the USB ports? (Could be a micro Bluetooth dongle for a headset) If not have you messed around with the settings?

Other than that I'd say YouTube would have the answer somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭PolaroidPizza

I had this problem wit an x-box 360 before...turned out all I needed to do was turn the tv on and off again...ye never know it might do the trick

Tried that too:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Do a factory reset on the console ? Hold the power button when it's off until it beeps twice and reset the console from the option.

Fixed it. I swapped TV HDMI ports with sky, sound with PS4 now and no sound with sky so its a faulty HDMI port on the tv. I'll just have to swap them around. May come in handy for someone who gets caught out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

You can also buy a separate HDMI switcher to save your connectors....

Advertisement