Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPS?

Options
  • 06-09-2015 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi, i'm building a computer and want to ask what kinda fps i can get and on what settings on games like cs:go gtav,far cry 4 and minecraft(Don't judge me!)
    without overclocking and if you can tell me with overclocking too.
    and any advise around changing parts, i don't want to push my budget any higher but if you have a better gpu for the same price tell me.

Parts List(not using pcpartpicker im using hardwareversand but its easier this way)
    pcpartpicker,com/p/kVmhcf
    i cant post urls so replace comma with a dot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

GTAV and FC4 you'll have to use a mix of High-medium settings for 60fps. For the vast majority of games, that'll play High/Ultra at 60

A second hand R9 290 is the same price as a new 960, and it's a big upgrade. I wouldn't use HWVS to buy from

• Registered Users Posts: 11 neil0302

Thanks, can you direct me to better places to buy from if you can?

Mindfactory, computer universe, scan, Alternate, Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 11 neil0302

thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

A second hand R9 290 is the same price as a new 960, and it's a big upgrade. I wouldn't use HWVS to buy from

There's a few 4gb versions of the 960 coming out. How would they fair on 1080p gaming compared to a r9 290?

• Advertisement

4gb is useless on a 960 imo, I went from a 280X with is similar to a 960, to a 290 and found a massive upgrade

Advertisement