Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Starting 6th year

• 06-09-2015 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Im starting 6th year this year, if that wasn't obvious from the title, in the Institute of Education. I've made my timetable and I found out I have no lunch one of the days, with classes starting from 8:30 to 3:30. Any suggestions of some food or smoothie that I can have to prevent hunger or give me some energy?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,273 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Are you serious?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭WorthlessPeon

I have so many questions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭Consonata

Pretty sure that isn't allowed.

How is the parents association not in total meltdown right now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Consonata wrote: »

Pretty sure that isn't allowed.

How is the parents association not in total meltdown right now
    It's a company not a school :pac: I seriously doubt they have a parents association.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

You create your timetable in the IOE.

You can have study periods all day but obviously they wouldn't recommend that.

OP chose not to have a lunch period for the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Safda

You create your timetable in the IOE.

You can have study periods all day but obviously they wouldn't recommend that.

OP chose not to have a lunch period for the day.
    I didn't choose to have no lunch. The classes can only be on at set times during the day, say applied maths is on at 9:30, 12:30 or 1:30. You choose one, and you have to choose one in the timetable. It just turns out that one day, Wednesday, all the classes take the time from half 9 to half 3, and they're mandatory classes. Who would choose not to have lunch?! And you can't just fill the whole day with study sessions

I don't need any help anymore. Thanks anyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭i am awsome

Safda wrote: »
    I don't need any help anymore. Thanks anyways

I'm in the Institute as well in 6th year and did 5th...I could help you out maybe

I'm in the Institute as well in 6th year and did 5th...I could help you out maybe
    I wouldn't mind some help

Advertisement