Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How best to partition dual HDDs

Options
  • 06-09-2015 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi, I'm looking for a bit of advice on how best to set up & partition the HDDs on my PC. Lenovo M90p 5864

The original drive has Windows 7 64bit os pre installed & is Western Digital 150GB. I then have an additional Seagate 500GB which I fitted in place of the DVD drive using the power source & Sata cables. I bought an external DVD drive which is connected via USB.

I will mainly use the PC for business with design software like Photoshop / Illustrator CS / FlexiSign Pro. Also Office software for accounting etc.

I will also use it for storing photos & music files.

My intention is to keep the PC offline if at all possible & to do all program updates via pendrive (32GB Kingston Data Traveler) I have wsus but not sure how realistic this actually is.

I had downloaded Macrium Reflect initially as I had just intended to swap the original HD for the larger one until I decided to use both. I am not sure if it may still be a good idea to make a copy of the os as a backup on a bootable disk.

I am also not sure of what order I need to approach this all in, i.e. after partitioning, do I install antivirus first or windows updates etc.

All advice greatly appreciated as have never done anything like this.

Comments

Advertisement