Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gamewee 5 captain

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

aquero v palace away
    jamesbere wrote: »
    There's no guarantee that he will start, surely there's someone on your team who is a better choice if your going the risky route

I'm really not sure we should be replying to this sort of post with reasoned logic as to why not. There's no way I can fathom that there's a lad sitting at home thinking Michal Antonio is the number 1 captain choice this week!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

silva v palace away
    CSF wrote: »
    I'm really not sure we should be replying to this sort of post with reasoned logic as to why not. There's no way I can fathom that there's a lad sitting at home thinking Michal Antonio is the number 1 captain choice this week!!!

I'm not even quite sure who Michal Antonio is!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

silva v palace away

Agreed, leave him at it.

Going with Sanchez myself. He's bound to go nuts some week

aquero v palace away
    FHFC wrote: »
    I'm not even quite sure who Michal Antonio is!!

Used to play for Forest, pace merchant, could end up a decent cheapie option if he was to become a regular.

silva v palace away
    Used to play for Forest, pace merchant, could end up a decent cheapie option if he was to become a regular.

Ah yeah. The forest lad. Is he even a starter?!!

aquero v palace away
    FHFC wrote: »
    Ah yeah. The forest lad. Is he even a starter?!!

I think this is his first GW so impossible to know

silva v palace away
    I think this is his first GW so impossible to know

I smell a possible wum.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

If you've seen Antonio play before you'd understand my reasons

Guy has serious pace, 15 goals 16 assists last season and 4 goals in 4 starts this season in the championship but I appreciate the huge step up to the PL

aquero v palace away
    If you've seen Antonio play before you'd understand my reasons

Guy has serious pace, 15 goals 16 assists last season and 4 goals in 4 starts this season in the championship but I appreciate the huge step up to the PL
    I've seen Antonio play before. Numerous times. I don't understand your reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭skippy15

I think sancheZ will actually score more this week; but think aguero has the fear factor as he could easily go nuts any week especially after a fruitful international.so aguero just gets the nod cause afraid of not having him and if he fires will make up major ground in my leagues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

skippy15 wrote: »
    I think sancheZ will actually score more this week; but think aguero has the fear factor as he could easily go nuts any week especially after a fruitful international.so aguero just gets the nod cause afraid of not having him and if he fires will make up major ground in my leagues

This is what I can never understand about these polls and discussions. If you think that Sanchez will score more than anybody else in your team this week, you captain him, why would you do differently at this stage of the season. You obviously don't trust your instinct. There'll be no fun left in the game if we play like that, it's more like a business. Fair enough from week 35 on if your defending a lead but I don't get it.

I'm going for Aguero because I think he'll score most

aquero v palace away
    Ah if you think Sanchez will score more, go with him. I am almost 50/50 on the matter and can't get any sort of confidence in whatever decision I go with, but I think I'm about to stick with Sanchez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

aquero v palace away
    Going with Sanchez captain, feel he's going to get on the score sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

silva v palace away
    Do what you want Fermanagh Man. Fight the good fight. I can see the reasoning-ish. That Monday night game is probably the clincher for you.

However unless he's Aguero I'd very much need my captain to be guaranteed to start and have played a PL game before to see how he copes with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭skippy15

Ah if you think Sanchez will score more, go with him. I am almost 50/50 on the matter and can't get any sort of confidence in whatever decision I go with, but I think I'm about to stick with Sanchez.

I think sanchez may be small favourite of the two to score at least 5 points..
    But aguero is more likely to score +10 points of the two on the weeks he clicks. So while i think sanchez may just shade it; agueros cap is much higher and hence bigger gains so thats why he gets the armband.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

de bryune palace away
    P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Silva injury swaying anyone else towards sanchez?

Well I'm swaying away from silva anyway!

aquero v palace away
    I think sanchez may be small favourite of the two to score at least 5 points..
    But aguero is more likely to score +10 points of the two on the weeks he clicks. So while i think sanchez may just shade it; agueros cap is much higher and hence bigger gains so thats why he gets the armband.
    Fair enough I suppose. I'm not sure either player has any real cap but if you think Aguero will outscore Sanchez then it makes sense to go with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

silva v palace away
    Aguero gets the nod over Sanchez for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I wish I had that conundrum; something tells me I'm going to live in fear of Sanchez until the day he explodes and I realise I have to squeeze him in somehow. Just hope that day isn't today.

Or, at the very least, that Ozil is a beneficiary of his explosion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

aquero v palace away
    Rolling the dice this week, with no captain choices jumping out at me I've given the armband to Wilson.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

silva v palace away
    FPL: Sanchez
    UFPL: Aguero

Bases covered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

hart away to sunderland
    Mahrez risk is looking good right now :)

silva v palace away
    jimmii wrote: »
    FPL: Sanchez
    UFPL: Aguero

Bases covered.

Bases failed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

hart away to sunderland
    jimmii wrote: »
    Bases failed.

Doesnt look like a high scoring week for anyone so far

silva v palace away
    naughtb4 wrote: »
    Doesnt look like a high scoring week for anyone so far

Certainly doesn't. Other than the guy who captained Hoolahan of course. Strange how he was missed on the poll.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I'm counting my last minute switch from Aguero to Sanchez as a win.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Advertisement