Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Galway

Options
  • 06-09-2015 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi everybody.
    I know there are a few of these topics but none very recent.

I'm a 30 year old professional looking to move to Ireland. What is a nice place to rent an apartment in Galway? I will buy a car so a radius of about 10 miles from city centre would be okay.

I'm over my partying years so somewhere with peace and quiet would be great :).
    I have a budget of around 700€ per month (or less).

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Well 15 miles out you would have a few options, Athenry (rail connection to Galway/Dublin) or Oranmore and Barna. All nice with rental a bit cheaper that Galway City prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Donny11

Sorry i meant 10 miles (15 km).
    I don't know the closer the better.

Is Killagoola nice?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Donny11

I see there are a lot of places on Salthill to rent. Why is this so?
    (Sorry for multiple posts but edit doesn't work)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Killagoola, just near Moycullen about 7 miles out of Galway. Nice area quiet. Oranmore is nearer. Salthill is on the edge of the city really part of it, a lot for rent as there was much development there in the celtic tiger years (rent usually pricey).

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Try to rent a place close to work. See if you can get a 6 months contract.
    Get to know the city and county and move to another location after 6 months if you want.

• Advertisement
Advertisement