Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for advice for LC

• 06-09-2015 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I have just started 5th year this week and I have begun studying for my leaving cert. I want to do medicine, ideally in Ireland so I basically need 6 As. My honors subjects are Maths, French, English, Physics, Applied Maths, Chemistry and Latin. Would you recommend going ahead of what we are doing in class in my subjects if I have time or should I just revise hard on the work and study that I'm given in class since we will eventually cover the whole course for each subject in class anyway. Any general advice would also be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 390 ✭✭A97

I got 600 last year and I never went ahead of the class. You'll more than likely have enough work as it is. Try to interact with your subjects outside of the classroom though, especially your languages. Try to find opportunities to speak, follow French media on Facebook etc. Personally speaking, I think that the Maths course is too big to be covered properly in two years so if you want to go ahead in any of your subjects, Maths is the one to do. Make sure you know Calculus, Statistics, Probability and Trigonometry inside out since they typically put a lot of emphasis on those topics. But of course, there are no guarantees of what will come up on your exam.

Advertisement