Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taskmaster (Greg Davies sets some comedians daft challenges!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,924 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Very solid opener.. great mix of people to be fair!

Much better banter between contestants and as a fan of Greg's standup, great to see BT make an appearance.

Oh, and episode 2 should be available on on-demand after airing of episode 1 tonight.

Second episode was even better...

"Left.. left.. banana.. whoops!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

The opener was great, I had more proper belly laughs in that 40 minutes than the entirety of the last series. Nice mix of contestants

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

First two episodes were great - as Basq says, the second episode was even better. Rhod's reaction to Phil's outfit and Jessica's foghorn impression being particularly brilliant moments. Hopefully Kerri will continuously get more and more pissed off as the tasks go on, because her reactions in the circle task were great. And I'll never get sick of watching James Acaster just being James Acaster - him ignoring Alex every time he greets him, got me every single time.

Great mix of contestants, who aren't afraid to rip the piss out of each other and each of them are funny in their own unique way. Has the potential to be as good, if not better, as the first three seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I've only watched the first episode, really pleased with it. Not sure about Kerry Godliman yet though...

What's the approach of this thread? Do we go with the latest broadcast episode or the latest available on demand?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I'd suggest that it's by TV broadcast. Whilst you can get it online legally, I'd say the majority of posters are watching on TV?

The episode in advance is really only available since last series so don't think an approach was ever agreed.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Just watched episode one there. I love Rhod Gilbert, so already delighted with life!

The scene with him and Alex in the bikinis. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

2 episodes in, and this is certainly back to it's very best. Alot of laugh out loud moments. Delighted as this is one of my favorite shows and the last season or 2 have been a drop off in quality

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Definately a return to form. Rhod Gilbert the star so far!

So many amazing lines in episode 4..

(spoilered for those not watching On Demand)
    Just open the box you pussy!
    Shove a bloody brillo pad on your tits

Some of the callbacks are great too.. i.e Phil's haggling skills.

• Advertisement

Basq wrote: »
    So many amazing lines in episode 4..

(spoilered for those not watching On Demand)
    Just open the box you pussy!
    Shove a bloody brillo pad on your tits

Some of the callbacks are great too.. i.e Phil's haggling skills.

Every episode this season has been better than the last, but 4 was bloody brilliant altogether - it's a serious contender at the moment for the best ever season of Taskmaster.

No weak links in the cast this season either - each of them add to the show and the interactions between the 5 of them, Greg, and Alex are fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Episode four was spectacular. A huge improvement on season three. This show really lives or dies by the comedians that are on it.

Rhod and James are predictably hilarious. Phil is surprisingly hilarious. Jess is not particularly funny but quite likable. Kerry.. meh.. not a fan, she doesn't add much comedy to it, pure anger more than anything, but she's the only real weak link.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Loving this season after being disappointed by the past few..

I love Rhod gilbert so had a feeling this series would be good.
    All the comedians are pretty good to be honest , the tasks are much better and the banter is fantastic.
    Episode 4 is a classic.

Has anybody watched episode 8? Available on On Demand. An absolute classic, in particular Rhod + Alex + the grotto. :D:D:D:D:D:D

dulpit wrote: »
    Has anybody watched episode 8? Available on On Demand. An absolute classic, in particular Rhod + Alex + the grotto. :D:D:D:D:D:D

It was absolutely brilliant.

My only downside about this series is that it's nearly finished...

Its been one of, if not the best series so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Only started watching this last month and I am really enjoying it. Was planning on watching some of the previous series but I'm getting the impression that it's not worth it? Contrary to others I really Kerry. Some of her ideas are just plain ridiculous. Absolutely adore Jess and her quirks.

Berserker wrote: »
    Only started watching this last month and I am really enjoying it. Was planning on watching some of the previous series but I'm getting the impression that it's not worth it? Contrary to others I really Kerry. Some of her ideas are just plain ridiculous. Absolutely adore Jess and her quirks.

I'd say of the six previous series, most are at least very good particularly the first few which were excellent. There's one or two dud series depending on your opinion but they are certainly worth watching.

This series really has been one of the best, Rhod and the grotto had me in tears of laughter

The poorer series are still very good. It's a high floor.

I also loved the bit last week
    when Jess fell off the stage
    . I've been watching late at night when the wife and smallie are asleep, so I need to keep quiet, there's been a lot of moments that are properly laugh out loud that make that difficult.

Episode 7 + 8 were both fantastic and had some proper laugh out loud moments. Again it comes down to the chemistry between all 5 contestants, and Greg & Alex. None of them are afraid to rip the piss out of each other and the post analysis in the studio have been great. James losing it over the Garage Door was a particular highlight.

Think it's safe to say at this stage that it's probably the best series so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,806 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Berserker wrote: »

If you're enjoying this series, then the first four series' are definitely worth a watch. Series five was good, but series six was a huge step down compared to the others (still some great moments, but the weakest overall).

This series has been absolutely fantastic. The tasks are a lot better, the banter/arguing between everyone on the stage is a lot better, and all the contestants are properly trying to be imaginative and unique most of the time.

The poorer series are still very good. It's a high floor.

I also loved the bit last week ......

That incident with Jess was ridiculous when you consider the question she asked regarding blindfolds a few moments earlier.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Where is this available online on demand?

Axwell wrote: »

If you have catch up TV you can get it on demand on UKTV play. Other than that UKTV play app or website maybe?

Axwell wrote: »

I watch it on sky, just search for it and the next episode appears. If its like previous seasons though the finale won't be available early...

Best moment in the series for me. Also, JA's cat freaky.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Episode 9 is really good... James rant at rod in the sock task is easily the funniest moment of the series and possibly one of the best in the shows history I had tears steaming down.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

allybhoy wrote: »
    Episode 9 is really good... James rant at rod in the sock task is easily the funniest moment of the series and possibly one of the best in the shows history I had tears steaming down.

There's a longer version of it here, which they should have included. Can not get enough James Acaster

https://twitter.com/davechannel/status/1057973033992765441

• Advertisement

Skid X wrote: »
    Can not get enough James Acaster
    Strong candidate for MVP of the season. He's grown on me episode by episode...

Advertisement