Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taskmaster (Greg Davies sets some comedians daft challenges!)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Just watched this tonight, that was so good! Talk about ending on a high!!

James's pure rage at the boiler suit task was exceptional. And Rhod was fantastic in that task- even the others had to applaud him for his genius. The bucket on the head had me crying. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,924 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Posy wrote: »
    The bucket on the head had me crying. :D
    And the hat on the bucket! :D

Might be a bit of a longer wait than May potentially..

Screenshot-2018-11-09-at-10-47-54.png

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,808 ✭✭✭✭Penn

James's pure rage at the boiler suit task was exceptional. And Rhod was fantastic in that task- even the others had to applaud him for his genius. The bucket on the head had me crying. :D

Rhod was pretty genius throughout. Almost always took a minute to think and plan before jumping into the task, trying to figure out how to shortcut it. He likely would have won if he hadn't focused so much on getting digs in at Greg with the prize tasks (but it was worth it).

Poor Alex though :D

Oh hells yes.. extended "Sausage or Finger" anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

Does anyone know if the full computer game sketch is available online. I want to share it with a few friends who would love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Come, see Acaster Hula

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

budhabob wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the full computer game sketch is available online. I want to share it with a few friends who would love it.

Did you try youtube? Lots of content and outtakes up there from the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,637 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

James's pure rage at the boiler suit task was exceptional. And Rhod was fantastic in that task- even the others had to applaud him for his genius.
    I thought of that idea as soon as the task started, so I was delighted when Rhod did it.
    Basq wrote: »
    The bucket on the head had me crying. :D
    And the hat on the bucket! :D
    Indeed! I didn't have the same psycho, hilarious detailing as Rhod, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

Berserker wrote: »
    Did you try youtube? Lots of content and outtakes up there from the series.

I did, but on my phone, no luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Cina wrote: »
    That was so damn good.

The difference in quality between that and season six was staggering. The show lives or dies by its contestants, and James, Rhod, and Phil were all brilliant.

Season 6 wasn't great. Alice Levine and Russell Howard are probably my two least favourite contestants on the show so far

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I did not cop this at all during the last series

There was a James v Alex rematch on Pointless last week

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Skid X wrote: »
    I did not cop this at all during the last series

It was my favourite running gag of the series.

For you Acaster fans, his new podcast with Ed Gamble - Off Menu - is well worth a listening!

Getting celebs / comedians to pick their favourite meal - guests so far have included Aisling Bea, Joel Dommett, Richard Osman and Nish Kumar.

https://itunes.apple.com/ie/podcast/off-menu-with-ed-gamble-and-james-acaster/id1442950743?mt=2

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

It was my favourite running gag of the series.
    It never failed to make me laugh!! :D

Just a headsup..

Josh Widdicombe & James Acaster have a new panel show called Hypothetical starting on Dave tonight at 10pm.

Have seen the first episode... it starts off shakily but by the end, I was hooked!

Clip below:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Have it on series link, looking forward to it.

Currently re-watching all of taskmaster, just finished season 5. Forgot how good some of the contestants were. Series 1 is okay, but shows on rewatch that it was finding its feet. Joe Wilkinson is amazing in series 2. I had forgotten about series 3, it's not bad actually. I felt sorry for Noel Fielding in series 4, he was far and away ahead of everyone else. Season 5 is the best so far of the first 5, I genuinely loved all 5 contestants. The bit when Mark Watson finds out the texts he had to send once a day for 5 months were not part of a proper task was class.

Definitely improves when more episodes per season were added, get to know the contestants better.

Any word on season 8 yet?

dulpit wrote: »
    Any word on season 8 yet?
    Nope, not much.. last update (from mid-January):

Screen-Shot-2019-02-06-at-19-49-10.png

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

• Registered Users Posts: 11,009 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Rachel Riley for one of them? Hopefully not, she's not the slightest bit funny, but suspicious after she posted that video saying she wasn't any good at maths.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Oh that looks like such a bad line up

• Registered Users Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Some of the most entertaining guests over all the seasons were people I never even heard of so I don't think you can say it'll be disappointing at this stage.

The problem though is familiarity with the show, contestants know what to expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,808 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'd be skeptical, bordering on worried. Lineup seems more like Season 6 than Season 7. Paul Sinha might be good, he can be very quick and witty on The Chase. Joe Thomas, hard to know what he himself is like. I think I've seen Lou Sanders on a panel show, don't know much about her though. The other two I don't know.

Yeah... really hard to know... But then some of the ones I'd never heard of before previous seasons turned out to be amazing. Even Kerry Godliman last series had some cracking bits.

Needless to say, I'll be watching every episode anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Paul Sinah should be good, be interesting to see how he approaches the tasks.

Joe Thomas always comes across quite uncomfortable in interviews and panel shows, seems like he never wants to be there so not sure what he'll be like. Pity they didn't get James Buckley

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The Lou Sanders episode of Off Menu is the only one so far that I haven't been able to figure out if I enjoyed it or not, but her personality will probably suit Taskmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,009 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Happy enough with that line up. Great to see a few less familiar faces.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Sinha was dreadful on a recent QI.

Sterling will be good.. the rest I'm dubious.

Always be going to be disappointing after last year's lineup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I've seen Paul Sinha do a live gig before - he was grand and we know he's got the smarts as a Chaser to be clever about the tasks. Just looking at the lineup, he's got the most potential to be entertaining, but I'm not saying that with much confidence... Joe Thomas seems pretty dry and I don't know the others at all. It will be hard to come close to being as good as last year's lineup though.

Advertisement