Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taskmaster (Greg Davies sets some comedians daft challenges!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,055 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Paul got better the longer into the series it went... I wonder if the tasks are shown in any specific order based on when they were recorded? He definitely seemed to get more comfortable in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

skipper_G wrote: »
    The series has flown by, finale next week. I've really enjoyed it. I think you're right, Lou looks unbeatable
    Her high-vis was an omen..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,808 ✭✭✭✭Penn

dulpit wrote: »
    Paul got better the longer into the series it went... I wonder if the tasks are shown in any specific order based on when they were recorded? He definitely seemed to get more comfortable in them.

I don't think so. I think the order is mixed up just based on ensuring different types of tasks, tasks of different length/complexity etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Not wasting any time. Already posting on Twitter that Series 9 is coming soon.

David Baddiel, Ed Gamble, Jo Brand, Katy Wix, Rose Matafeo.

Great finale. Lou was a worthy winner. She just had that mental streak in her with so many of the tasks where she nearly always took things just that little bit too far.

Contestants for next series announced too; David Baddiel, Ed Gamble, Jo Brand, Rose Matafeo and Katy Wix. Don't know much of the last two, but I think that could make for a great series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,312 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The series started a bit slowly and after the first two episodes I wasn't really expecting much from it, but once it got going it was up there as one of the best series. I was thinking that Paul Sinha was a bit of a disappointment because I thought he'd come up with really clever ways to approach some of the tasks. But the legs and mobility scooter tasks from tonight were pretty typical of him and he was probably more entertaining throughout than if he'd come up with some clever stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Ed and David will be very good. Not a huge fan of Jo Brand.. but she's often witty in a very dry way.

Seen Rose on a few shows and she's quite good (ex of James Acaster for those who don't know).

No idea who Katy Wix is..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Live shows are being filmed this month.

https://tvrecordings.com/show/taskmaster-series-9/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Penn wrote: »
    Great finale. Lou was a worthy winner. She just had that mental streak in her with so many of the tasks where she nearly always took things just that little bit too far.

Did nothing for me, unfortunately. Thought the previous series was miles better when you compare the tasks and the contestants. Lou was a worthy winner. Fail to understand why Paul decided to take part in the show. The man struggled time and time again with his shoulder.

Berserker wrote: »
    Did nothing for me, unfortunately. Thought the previous series was miles better when you compare the tasks and the contestants. Lou was a worthy winner. Fail to understand why Paul decided to take part in the show. The man struggled time and time again with his shoulder.

In fairness, he probably didn't have the shoulder problems when he signed up. He also does stand up like most of the contestants so I guess he just thought it'd be good exposure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,055 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I enjoyed season 8 - it got better as the season went on. Paul progressively got better in my mind, and there was something about Joe Thomas that was just funny.

Season 9 announced already is good news - I assume soon means to start in September or October?

dulpit wrote: »
    I enjoyed season 8 - it got better as the season went on. Paul progressively got better in my mind, and there was something about Joe Thomas that was just funny.

Season 9 announced already is good news - I assume soon means to start in September or October?

Yeah I'd say so. They're filming the live shows in the next few weeks, so if they want to air the whole thing before Xmas it'd be early October start at the latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

The last episode was great, Joe had an epic rant after bottling everything up over the previous episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Hurrache wrote: »
    The last episode was great, Joe had an epic rant after bottling everything up over the previous episodes.

Yeah they film 2 live shows a day, after not seeing the other contestants filmed tasks until the live shows. So he would have seen a lot of the tasks in the space of a few days. I'd say he just got fed up with it :D

Hurrache wrote: »

Compare and contrast it to the last episode in the previous series. You had sausage finger, the video game task and the task where people had to tie up Alex with the extra 'boiler suit' twist. Was it really better?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Berserker wrote: »
    Compare and contrast it to the last episode in the previous series. You had sausage finger, the video game task and the task where people had to tie up Alex with the extra 'boiler suit' twist. Was it really better?

Where did they say it was better? They just said it was a great episode.

New series starts on September 4th at 21:00.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Much better episode than I was expecting, Katy Wick is too quiet to be on the show but the other four were very good. Jo Brand is brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 7,927 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Enjoyed that. I think all five contestants will bring something to the show.

Good first episode. Really like the group of contestants this time round.

• Advertisement

Another good episode tonight. Jo and David were a great team :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Excellent episode again. Was in ribbons laughing a few times tonight at both the bin task and the demeaning task. Seems like they've really nailed the line-up again.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Some great tasks so far- I liked the aubergine one, with Alex essentially the one doing the task in a nice twist, plus Alex hiding in the bin was great.

Didn't think it looked like a great line up on paper, but they are working really well together. Liking this series. :)

Brilliant episode. This could be another great series. Really enjoying the mix of guests and the cleverness of some of the tasks.

I thought David Baddiel might be really clever and inventive, but he's just such a failure all the time. Jo Brand is like Liza Tarbuck; doesn't really seem to give a f*ck half the time but it pays off in contrast to some of the others and is funny in its own way.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,312 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Was away so just caught up on the last two episodes last night. Really enjoying this series, the contestants are excellent. There seems to a lot more banter between them than previous groups. Only one I'd change is Katie Wix, she's a bit meh, but she's not the worst they've ever had on either.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Ed Gamble and David Baddiel are two of the best ever guests to appear on the show. I'm surprised how good this series is. The tasks have been very creative as well.

Katy Wix is the only real weak link but she's not the worst either

Katy Wix is definitely the weakest, but she actually really made me laugh with this exchange

Katy: Alex, you should tell someone if you're being bullied
    Alex (mouthing): I'm being bullied
    Katy: I don't care. Why are you telling me?

David Baddiel is one of the all time greats on the show though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

We missed the start of this season due to hollibobs. Any idea where to catch it from the start? We have eir tv to series link is no use to us

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

budhabob wrote: »
    We missed the start of this season due to hollibobs. Any idea where to catch it from the start? We have eir tv to series link is no use to us

I don't have eir TV, do they have any catch up options? There is the UKTV play app but that might be UK only

• Advertisement

https://uktvplay.uktv.co.uk if you happen to use a VPN.

Advertisement