Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taskmaster (Greg Davies sets some comedians daft challenges!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,808 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    They film the tasks anywhere between 8 and 20 weeks before the studio shows iirc, so hopefully there's enough flexibility there even with everything that's going on.

Seeing as we'll be waiting a while, do any of ye have any names you'd like to see take part next season? I'd like to see David O'Doherty have a go.

Lee Mack would probably be my top pick at the minute. He'd be amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

Has Mitchell been on? Him and VCM competing would be great!

Or him and Webb.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,927 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,707 ✭✭✭brian_t

This is repeated from the start at 6pm and repeated midnight - continues tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,057 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Basq wrote: »
    What will tomorrow bring?

Saw that too. I assume it's new season announcement?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Someone asked Alex Horne about the filming of the studio bits the other day on twitter and he said itd be happening behind closed doors.

So if it happened in the next 2 weeks say, does anyone know roughly how long after that the series have been aired in the past?

Someone asked Alex Horne about the filming of the studio bits the other day on twitter and he said itd be happening behind closed doors.

So if it happened in the next 2 weeks say, does anyone know roughly how long after that the series have been aired in the past?

It's different now that it's on Ch4 instead of Dave. In fact given that it's on Ch4, we can expect it to be on for 6 weeks, then moved to an hour later for 2 episodes because The Last Leg is back on, then moved to a different night for the last two episodes.

Either way, I'd say since its likely 10 episodes, I'd predict a mid September start to be finished early enough before Xmas.

Interesting interview from a few days ago with him here:

Very small tidbits really - no live audience this year obviously and line up is "not typical Channel 4" like Jimmy Carr etc.

For those who want to try something new and fun.. been really enjoying "No More Jockeys" with him, Tim Key and Mark Watson.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS8aP7SiA_eTfvT_Gruxzsw

Relatively simple premise (harder to explain than watch) - but round robin, each contestant names a person and then indicates something about the person (either specific or vague) which can be in no further answers. The challenge is remembering the criteria you can't use as it goes on.

e.g
    Tiger Woods
    - No More People Who Share Their Name With Animals -
    etc.

The banter between the three lads is brilliant.. tends to air weekly on Thursdays and there's been about 7 episodes so far I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

• Advertisement

I like that line-up.

Johnny Vegas is going to be amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

I like that line-up.

So do I, Katherine Parkinson........ Yes please, I have what is best described as a school boy crush on her

• Registered Users Posts: 6,707 ✭✭✭brian_t

Taskmaster Series 10, Coming Soon

Daisy May Cooper, Johnny Vegas, Katherine Parkinson, Mawaan Rizwan and Richard Herring form the Taskmaster series 10 line up coming this Autumn to Channel 4.

krissovo wrote: »
    So do I, Katherine Parkinson........ Yes please, I have what is best described as a school boy crush on her

She's lovely, and very funny. I like Herring too, and as Penn says, Johnny V will be awesome.

So I just looked up Mawaan, and this was one of the first hits.

I think he'll fit in!

I'm conflicted about Herring. He can be okay, but I think he also has a tendency to just try go hard to do something funny and unusual (like when he was on the Off Menu podcast with James Acaster and Ed Gamble, and the stuff he wanted in his dream meal was the likes of Four and twenty blackbirds baked in a pie), so I'm worried he'll just take the p*ss in most tasks and mess it up on purpose to be funny. The issue is Taskmaster works better when someone tries to do something good but fails at it.

There are some like Paul Chowdry and Rhod Gilbert who were able to do it, but I don't know if Herring will.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Vegas should be good, he could be a bit like Baddiel, Katherine Parkinson should be good too, not familiar with the others though

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

After the all the series so far, I think trying to decide in advance about people can be very hit and miss.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,312 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

So I just looked up Mawaan, and this was one of the first hits.

I think he'll fit in!

Jesus, I hope he's funnier on Taskmaster, that was cringily bad.

• Advertisement

After the all the series so far, I think trying to decide in advance about people can be very hit and miss.

Yeah, the likes of David Baddiel, Paul Sinha and Liza Tarbuck have often gone in such a completely direction than I'd have expected.

Decent lineup IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Love Johnny Vegas and Katherine Parkinson, and I've liked Richard Herring anytime I've seen him on a panel show. Not familiar with the other two as far as I know.

Hopefully be a good season, and that the move to Channel 4 won't mess with the format, but as mentioned theres no point pre-judging a season based on the cast, because you never know how it will play out once they're actually doing the tasks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Surprised at the love Vegas is getting. He's incredibly annoying and I've never found him funny.

stesaurus wrote: »
    Surprised at the love Vegas is getting. He's incredibly annoying and I've never found him funny.

Sometimes he can be a bit hit and miss and just seems like he's shouting or ranting, but he's incredibly quick off-the-cuff and when he's on top form he can be absolutely hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,926 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

everytime I try and watch this on dave/ukplaytv online the player doesn't work and I can't find how to get it to work, just get a loading symbol

https://uktvplay.uktv.co.uk/shows/taskmaster/watch-online?loginComplete=true&accountType=Email
    Error Code: -2. Could not download the video. Please use the retry button.

everytime I try and watch this on dave/uk tv online the player doesn't work and I can't find how to get it to work

It's probably region-locked to the UK. The Taskmaster Youtube channel adds a new episode each week though, and is up to most of the way through Series 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

everytime I try and watch this on dave/uk tv online the player doesn't work and I can't find how to get it to work

If you have Sky, it's available on Sky Go.

Do you know whether Channel 4 have also got right to previous series or just to make new ones.

FunLover18 wrote: »
    If you have Sky, it's available on Sky Go.

Do you know whether Channel 4 have also got right to previous series or just to make new ones.

I just checked All4 and they don't have old series of Bake Off from when it was on BBC, so I'd say it could end up being the same with Taskmaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 wytek

Advertisement