Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taskmaster (Greg Davies sets some comedians daft challenges!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Anyone else still irrationally annoyed at the pie challenge from S1, by the way?
    Stupid made-up pies making a mockery of the whole thing. Picture of the Taskmaster pie, marbles pie, frozen peas pie, toothpaste pie (although that one was almost worth it when Alex had to eat it).

No? I guess it's just me that's taking this a bit too seriously then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

maudgonner wrote: »
    Anyone else still irrationally annoyed at the pie challenge from S1, by the way?
    Stupid made-up pies making a mockery of the whole thing. Picture of the Taskmaster pie, marbles pie, frozen peas pie, toothpaste pie (although that one was almost worth it when Alex had to eat it).

No? I guess it's just me that's taking this a bit too seriously then :D

I was annoyed until I realised they
    were never meant to get it the obvious way by "smelling".

It was designed to get them to think differently and go against the grain, like getting Alex involved...and by investigating the cutouts..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Latest episode was probably my least favourite of the series so far but still really good!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Degag wrote: »
    Latest episode was probably my least favourite of the series so far but still really good!

I thought a few of them were a bit off form or grumpy or something.

Sad there's only one left ....really like the new team!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

When are they airing the next group? Hardly straight after?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,880 ✭✭✭✭Basq

When are they airing the next group? Hardly straight after?
    Later in the year I'd say...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

There is Strength in Arches

The face of Joe Wilkinson as he reached deep inside to find that hidden knowledge was amazing. Quite moving in its own way.

If you missed Series 1 of Taskmaster it gets a repeat starting tonight at 10pm & 1.55am on Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

thanks - saw it in the nick of time!

• Advertisement

Good news.. back on the 4th of October!

With Sara bloody Pascoe though.

The female contestants have gone from Roisin Conaty (who I liked in it) to Katherine Ryan (who I didn't like) to Sara Pascoe (who really irritates me). That's not a good trajectory.

Still happy it's coming back :)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I can't stand Sarah Pascoe either. Any idea who else is on it?

Paul Chowdhry, Dave Gorman, Al Murray and Rob Beckett.

Paul Chowdhry, Dave Gorman, Al Murray and Rob Beckett.
    Looking forward to Dave Gorman, who is excellent. And like Rob Beckett - though everyone else I'm not a fan of at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭Vic_08

With Sara bloody Pascoe though.

The female contestants have gone from Roisin Conaty (who I liked in it) to Katherine Ryan (who I didn't like) to Sara Pascoe (who really irritates me). That's not a good trajectory.

Still happy it's coming back :)

Not a fan of Katherine Ryan either but I thought she was good on Taskmaster, much less irritating than her usual stage persona.

Pascoe is just a bit bland really.

Hopefully it will be good anyway, so far both series have had people I would normally avoid, Joe Wilkinson in particular, but he was great on this show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Basq wrote: »
    Looking forward to Dave Gorman, who is excellent. And like Rob Beckett - though everyone else I'm not a fan of at all.

I'm a bit surprised this is showing before the next series of Modern Life Is Goodish but double Dave Gorman for the autumn can't be argued with.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I'm not familiar with Paul Chowdhry so I'll have to wait and see what he's like, but I really don't like Al Murray so enduring him and Sarah Pascoe will be tough going. I've been able to tolerate Rob Beckett more lately than I used to, but Dave Gorman is one of my favourite comedians and I'll watch anything with him in it. However overall it's a pretty weak line-up compared to the first two seasons.

Anybody want to do fantasy casting for this?

Dylan Moran would be fun, I doubt he could be arsed making it to the end of many challenges, just head off to the pub. Rich Hall maybe? Ross Noble as the madcap one. Eddie Izzard as the clever one who knows stuff. And Aisling Bea as the token girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Rhod Gilbert, Richard Ayoade, Joe Lycett, Rachel Reilly (not a comedian, but has proven to be funny and would be good craic) and Chris Ramsey would probably be my dream line-up (out of the people who would do these sort of shows anyway).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

Johnny Vegas would be good for pottery / booze challenges. David O Doherty would have the retro Irish tracksuits to look the part, Kevin Bridges (though he's probably top expensive). Henning Wehn to add some German efficiency to proceedings. And Josie Long to bring some actual brainpower

Oooh.. just found the first episode of the new season on On Demand.. SCORE!!

EDIT:
    "The bastard's crying, innit?" :D

Basq wrote: »
    Oooh.. just found the first episode of the new season on On Demand.. SCORE!!

EDIT:
    "The bastard's crying, innit?" :D
    What? I've looked and i can't find it:(

Degag wrote: »
    What? I've looked and i can't find it:(
    Had to dig around in the Dave section on On Demand.. but it should be there!

Cool, found it!

More Taskmaster in 2017

The Dave channel has ordered two more series of Taskmaster.

Hosts Greg Davies and Alex Horne have been confirmed for the 16 new hour-long episodes, although the line-up of comedians taking the challenges has yet to be revealed.

The new episodes will air next year.

http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2016/10/03/25909/taskmaster_given_two_more_series

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Dylan Moran is a great call, Sean Locke, Will Ferrell, Kevin Bridges, Kathy Burke, and Sacha Baron Cohen.

Never liked Paul Chowdry as a comedian... but did think he was good on this!

Shame Sara Pascoe is every bit as irritating as ever!

Officially back tonight anyways :)

• Advertisement

"It's like finding a pea in a ... haystack" :pac:

Advertisement